PDA

View Full Version : CONTROLING INTERNET FROM LAPTOP?

staggers
26th January, 2010, 04:37 PM
hi all not sure if this is possible but problem is i got 3 laptops in house and a main pc which modem and router are connected too ,the pc belongs to my son,hes on it all hours and i want to be able to turn internet off at a decent time is this possible to do this from my laptop? any help wold be great cheers stags

snagga
26th January, 2010, 04:41 PM
Try this from AOL for free. https://parentalcontrols.aol.co.uk/parconweb2/home/landingPage.jsp?encodedOrigUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fparent alcontrols.aol.co.uk%2Fparconweb2%2Fhome%2FviewMai n.do

staggers
27th January, 2010, 03:33 PM
Try this from AOL for free. https://parentalcontrols.aol.co.uk/parconweb2/home/landingPage.jsp?encodedOrigUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fparent alcontrols.aol.co.uk%2Fparconweb2%2Fhome%2FviewMai n.do
tx m8 but its not the parental control i just wondered if i could turn connection of from my laptop as my son whos 21 is on it all hours and i want to try turn it of from my laptop unfortunatly the router and modem are in his room connected to his pc,i am trying to do do it to avoid the hasstle of just telling him :) he is on til 4am and i wanted to turn it off at a reasonable time and then turn it back on in the morning but i dont think its possible tx anyway

dasteph
27th January, 2010, 03:58 PM
i have checked the set up on my router and there seems to be a way of controlling the time the internet stays connected using PPPoE, if this is of any use to you i think you will have to do some more research about it.

Curious123
27th January, 2010, 04:05 PM
If you tell us what router you have then someone maybe able to tell you how to activate or deactivate the internet connection at a specific time and day.

ManofScience
27th January, 2010, 04:22 PM
Windows 7 has a built in feature and so does my router

mickyboy
27th January, 2010, 07:03 PM
kick his ~~~~en arse n get him telt ,n if ye get lip ill be round

staggers
27th January, 2010, 08:07 PM
If you tell us what router you have then someone maybe able to tell you how to activate or deactivate the internet connection at a specific time and day.

thanks all its a belkin router i can get into settings from laptop

staggers
27th January, 2010, 08:08 PM
kick his ~~~~en arse n get him telt ,n if ye get lip ill be round

haha if it was up to me i would but his mums on my case tootrying to do it discreetly ;)

Prikker
6th February, 2010, 03:19 PM
Hey there, I dont know if you dare, but if you are Admin on router you can disconnect his macadress whenever you want it, you have to make rules for the pc in use, then you can mark his adress in this regulation and turn it off as long as wanted, AND turn it on when you want it but you need to have the only ssid and password, litll tricky, but it worked for me

Ratchet
8th February, 2010, 01:24 PM
Taken from the more info on the router
"Client IP filters The Router can be configured to restrict access to the Internet, e-mail or other network services at specific days and times. Restriction can be set for a single computer, a range of computers, or multiple computers. To restrict Internet access to a single computer for example, enter the IP address of the computer you wish to restrict access to in the IP fields. Next enter 80 and 80 in the Port fields. Select TCP. Select Block. You can also select Always to block access all of the time. Select the day to start on top, the time to start on top, the day to end on the bottom and the time to stop on the bottom. Click "Apply Changes". The computer at the IP address you specified will now be blocked from Internet access at the times you specified. Note: be sure you have selected the correct time zone under Utilities> System Settings> Time Zone. "

how i set mine.....
If u login to your belkin router and go to Firwall then Client IP Filters you can determine the days and times for certain ip addresses. So for example your son's ip address was 192.168.2.2 then set up the filter for IP = 192.168.2.2, port = 80 ~ 80, Type = both, Block time = block, Day and time to whatever suits you :laugh: then tick enable. Hope this helps.

eddcole
16th February, 2010, 01:42 PM
can you not get to the cable that is going to his room to plug the modem in and just unplug it????