PDA

View Full Version : my sky card with english channels

tamgunner
8th October, 2008, 03:30 PM
hi all i lost my orginal sky card so i bought one off ebay but when i got it home instead of bbc scotland or stv i get bbc england and itv1.

is there anyway of updating the card.?

thered
8th October, 2008, 04:31 PM
i didnt realise you could by them off ebay!

but i know when my first sky digibox broke i got my mates off him put my card in and it didnt work apart from freeview

i phoned sky and told them to swap my card over to the new box they asked for a serial no. of the box and changed it over in about a minute each card is programmed to your box i think

kirit
17th October, 2008, 12:52 PM
correct- they pair the box to the card

.: JaCkPoT :.
17th October, 2008, 04:39 PM
Yep. Only paired cards work with sub channels. The free channels however like 5 and setanta news will work in any receiver with a valid card.

niallo27
17th October, 2008, 05:31 PM
thanks very much

Devilfish
17th October, 2008, 05:33 PM
Sky also control the regional channels, I think your postcode is set in the card so it knows which channels to show you...something like that.

ground stabber
26th October, 2008, 12:42 AM
no all cards are set by the postal code ie if the card came from scotland then scottish tv is what you get.howevever you can add channels from other regions ie west country midlands etc via your sky box menu somewhere on this site there will be this info sorry i dont have it if you cant find it here search google extra sky tv regions and you should find it ............but this will not add the extra channels to sky epg

gaznal
2nd November, 2008, 09:37 PM
i am new here - but i do know that all sky cards come from scotland no matter where you live - sky do have the ability to change regions as people can move from aberdeen to london for example - if they did not have control they would have to send out new cards.

sorry for the rant - just want the correct info passed on