PDA

View Full Version : Help please!!!!

-Hox-
8th October, 2008, 06:35 PM
Hey,

Does anyone know if it's possible to get car details based on an address? Basically, a couple of years ago some b@$tard sold a mint '66 beetle chassis that I was storing in a barn. I didn't find out about it for a while, and by that time it was long gone, along with the V5 that was stored with it. The problem is, I don't have either the Reg. or chassis numbers, and without these I'm stuffed. I wanna give the guys who sold / bought it a headache, and possibly even get it back!

Cheers for any ideas, I'm stumped.

shady77
8th October, 2008, 06:42 PM
somebody stole your car? call the police

-Hox-
8th October, 2008, 07:21 PM
somebody stole your car? call the police

And they'll ask me for the registration number, which I don't have, or the chassis number, which I also don't have!

yamar1
8th October, 2008, 07:39 PM
Hey,

Does anyone know if it's possible to get car details based on an address? Basically, a couple of years ago some b@$tard sold a mint '66 beetle chassis that I was storing in a barn. I didn't find out about it for a while, and by that time it was long gone, along with the V5 that was stored with it. The problem is, I don't have either the Reg. or chassis numbers, and without these I'm stuffed. I wanna give the guys who sold / bought it a headache, and possibly even get it back!

you say based on an address,, do you have the address where you think your car is??, you cant get any details about owner bit if you get the reg number you can get the car make model off insurance websites, obviously it wasnt registered in you r name when stolen (or you would have the reg) but i would be realy supprised if the thief used the logbook and reg which was on when he/she stole it. no ones that stupid

cgscott
8th October, 2008, 07:49 PM
Youre stumped why leave the log books with the chassis anyway.

Bad move more chance of proving that car was yours than proving the twin towers was a conspirecy.

Unless you have photographic id and a receipt of purchase of the chassis then you have no chance.

Devilfish
8th October, 2008, 07:53 PM
You won't be able to get that sort of info, it's covered by the data protection act.

I fail to see why you wouldn't report it to the poilce anyway!

-Hox-
8th October, 2008, 08:42 PM
Youre stumped why leave the log books with the chassis anyway.

Bad move more chance of proving that car was yours than proving the twin towers was a conspirecy.

Unless you have photographic id and a receipt of purchase of the chassis then you have no chance.

I've got a statement from the guy I bought it off... bad move on my part not registering it tough, but I thought (ha!) that the guy was trustworthy... bad call.

To answer the other questions, the address I have is the previous registered address, so I was hoping there would be some way to search, or maybe someone could search at least, for the details! I think I will have to go to the cops, I'm guessing that they'll be able to do something with the previous address, but I'm not holding out much hope!

cgscott
8th October, 2008, 09:11 PM
Sorry. Youre done for.

Best you can do is watch for it going by your window.

Silly mistake to make. Always register your car and always keep the log books seperate.

Remember possesion is one of the hardest things to prove in society and if you have nothing and they have the chassis plus log books what you think the outcomes gonna be?

yamar1
8th October, 2008, 09:42 PM
yeah, sounds like your definitly F*CKED,, lesson learned, the police WILL definitely be able to trace it if you have the last owners address before you, but then again the police are gona say why didnt you report it, can you prove its yours etc. yr just gona have to put this one down to experience im afraid.

yamar1
8th October, 2008, 10:07 PM
Hey,

just re read it "SOLD" a mint 66, need i go on, i should of read it properly:confused:

-Hox-
9th October, 2008, 10:11 PM
Yeah, sold, but stolen first...

Looks like I'll have to make the trip to where it was stored and report it at the local station (so I've been told) - it's not very close to where I live, hence why I didn't realise for quite a while!

Balls.

caveman_nige
9th October, 2008, 10:22 PM
report the tosser to the cops mate, they will eventually sort it for you (that have to get it right sometimes). They can obviously get all the info that you can't, so shop him asap... keep us advised on this one, sounds like it could get very interesting...

eddiegoldtooth
31st October, 2008, 08:03 PM
where did you get it from?