PDA

View Full Version : Mini R56 madness

jodge
24th February, 2021, 10:33 PM
I never saw the car working i'm the 5th guy who trying to repair it. I don't know what did the previous 4 people. The dash is seems intact i guess they are didn't tried removing the cas. The DME removed for sure but not disassembled. The owner absolutely not a tech guy no useful info from his side too.

The starter is working but no sparks..etc (cranking but not running)

The CAS storing only two errors:

A0B4 Engine start, starter operation
A0B1 Input, selector-lever position, implausible (????? the car is with manual transmission)

the DME storing a following error:

2FD9 : INTERFACE EWS IMMOBILIZER -DME

both CAS-ESL and DME-CAS syncro ok with three diffenert stuff.

If not necceseary i don't want to take apart the dash bcose the owner went a little crazy yet.
Any other idea?

thx

lion0304
25th February, 2021, 01:40 AM
I never saw the car working i'm the 5th guy who trying to repair it. I don't know what did the previous 4 people. The dash is seems intact i guess they are didn't tried removing the cas. The DME removed for sure but not disassembled. The owner absolutely not a tech guy no useful info from his side too.

The starter is working but no sparks..etc (cranking but not running)

The CAS storing only two errors:

A0B4 Engine start, starter operation
A0B1 Input, selector-lever position, implausible (????? the car is with manual transmission)

the DME storing a following error:

2FD9 : INTERFACE EWS IMMOBILIZER -DME

both CAS-ESL and DME-CAS syncro ok with three diffenert stuff.

If not necceseary i don't want to take apart the dash bcose the owner went a little crazy yet.
Any other idea?

thx

Many Mini R56 has CAS hardware failure. I've cloned some CAS when dash has this icone:

epd1221
25th March, 2023, 02:36 AM
Jodge how did you solve this problem.?? I try doing sync and nothing same codes as yours . Looks everything original never been touch . It happen after alternator when bad and died. After alternator replacement car didn't turn on . And this codes are what we get