PDA

View Full Version : Empty VIN in ECU Marelli 8F3.BN

razvan2005
8th March, 2021, 11:40 AM
Hello guys,

I recently found out that the VIN it's not stored in the ECU. There are only 17 blanks instead of the VIN code.
The ECU was replaced on my Fiat Ducato about one year ago in service.

Can somebody help me to identify the blocks where the VIN code it's written in the dumps or help me write the proper VIN in the dumps ?
Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
I will attach the dumps also.

Thank you in advance !

noslen
8th March, 2021, 11:49 AM
You can put it manualy in the file and than write file back

Search for a file like yours and edit as text in winols....will find many details like vin for example.....open your file and insert vin number in the rigth place....that should do the work
in other ecus it work fine
P.S: think it will have in ept too..not sure

regards

razvan2005
8th March, 2021, 12:01 PM
You can put it manualy in the file and than write file back

Yes, but i don't have any idea about the addresses locations where it should be written.

noslen
8th March, 2021, 12:32 PM
Yes, but i don't have any idea about the addresses locations where it should be written.

Just see fromanother ori file like yours

noslen
8th March, 2021, 12:32 PM
send your vin by MP....i will try to help

razvan2005
8th March, 2021, 12:38 PM
You have your inbox full

razvan2005
10th March, 2021, 09:52 PM
Hello,

Does anybody have any clue or idea about the addresses where the code could be stored ?
Or maybe how the map should look like or near which map can be located ?

Thank you !

razvan2005
22nd March, 2021, 01:02 PM
Hello guys,

Does anybody have a dump from a Fiat Ducato 2.3JTD 130.0HP / 95.6KW MPC + eeprom (HW: MJ8F3HW10W SW: 3045BN08) with the VIN registered so i ca do a comparison and hope i can find the spot where the VIN is written.
I've tried with multiple testers: autel, snap on, diagun, but with no luck. The write VIN option it's disabled. :(

Many thanks !

pocinas
30th March, 2024, 08:13 PM
i know is gone 3 years from last time post...

Just to know guys, i was looking same to change vin and i read 2 diffrent ecu MJD 8F3 on bench by IOTerminal and i doesnt see on hexeditor as well chassis (VIN) on eeprom and flash, when i read those ecu by obd with autotuner as well VIN: N/A (Not available). Presume on this ecu vin is not stored, it looks like