PDA

View Full Version : K-Suite 2.53 say "Unknown ECU" on BMW E39 530dA 184HP (Bosch EDC15C4) 🥺

yoni13
14th March, 2021, 10:01 PM
I have tried to read the ECU of my BMW E39 530D 184HP 1999 Automatic (ECU Bosch EDC15C4), the voltage is 14 without contact put, with contact 12.6V approximately, but when trying to read ECU ID, say unknown ECU

I have K-Suite 2.53, I don't know why it could be, maybe a round 20 pin BMW OBD adapter is to blame, but other cables (BMW Scanner, Inpa, K + Dcan works perfect ...)

In the end, cancel the ID reading process and disconnect Kess, I don't want to lock the ECU at the moment

Has anyone tested previous it on my model vehicle?

It is my first car which I want to chiptuning ECU and my first tool, reworked European Kess V2 cost 200€

I know it will not be the best tool, but I expect more quality than a clone of € 40 aliexpress, also EDC15C4 I think you should read without problem

mrjay88
14th March, 2021, 11:07 PM
My kess eu reworked does this i.d the ecu first then when it says unknown ecu click ok to carry on its safe

yoni13
15th March, 2021, 02:19 AM
My kess eu reworked does this i.d the ecu first then when it says unknown ecu click ok to carry on its safe

No problem with "Unknown ECU" message? Can I continue without a problem for sure?

When I have seen that message, I scared and disconnect kess fast

Ps: for reading ID / MAP I don't have to have any risk of blocking ecu, right? Only when writing, no?

Umpapa
15th March, 2021, 06:48 AM
Yes. You can continue.

yoni13
15th March, 2021, 05:52 PM
Ok, thank you very much for solving my problem. I will try again to see if I am lucky. When writing to the ECU, although unknown ECU appears, i imagine that I will not have a problem either, sure?

chrisimerk
15th March, 2021, 07:33 PM
Ok, thank you very much for solving my problem. I will try again to see if I am lucky. When writing to the ECU, although unknown ECU appears, i imagine that I will not have a problem either, sure?

kess does this with nearly all edc15 even genuine tool dont worry its safe just click ok, just make sure the file has correct checksum before flashing mod file with a 3rd party software like winols etc, as kess doesnt correct them when it brings up that message.

Regards