PDA

View Full Version : What do you clean a circuit board with?

BeianM
28th January, 2010, 11:40 AM
Hi, this board is in somewhat bad shape. I wondered why the milage didn't change to that of the dash when I plugged it into this bII. I know this has 54k on it. Prob due to the crystal being so rusty. Guess this is the answer to many Espace errors like external temp, & other body faults.
Anyway, what would you clean a board like this with? I have been told cokeacola, just like we use to with our old pennies!
Whats your thoughts.
Cheers.

xpirsu
28th January, 2010, 01:27 PM
Hi mate, I use isopropyl alcohol for a few years.

Meat-Head
28th January, 2010, 01:28 PM
M-H-M would place this in a bead blaster and WAFT the lance around until bored. (60 seconds)

polo's with cdl, same shit but in one corner nothing will make it work till you waft it in sandblaster.

DCITDH

melcool
28th January, 2010, 02:15 PM
Hi, this board is in somewhat bad shape. I wondered why the milage didn't change to that of the dash when I plugged it into this bII. I know this has 54k on it. Prob due to the crystal being so rusty. Guess this is the answer to many Espace errors like external temp, & other body faults.
Anyway, what would you clean a board like this with? I have been told cokeacola, just like we use to with our old pennies!
Whats your thoughts.
Cheers.

a syringe and acetone(paint thinner) from nail polish kit of you girl friend :laugh: and applied repeatedly to clean up the board

BeianM
28th January, 2010, 04:53 PM
a syringe and acetone(paint thinner) from nail polish kit of you girl friend :laugh: and applied repeatedly to clean up the board

Ok, but don't tell my wife :girl:

melcool
28th January, 2010, 05:38 PM
Ok, but don't tell my wife :girl:

and neither you ... to my girlfriend :laugh:

M1DJF
28th January, 2010, 06:13 PM
Try and get Carbon Tetracloride(now restricted) from chemist if available cleans curcuit boards like new.

Whats your thoughts.
Cheers.

u.s
28th January, 2010, 07:45 PM
i use nail varnish remover to clean any pcb i've been working on.

AdamDavidSzocs
28th January, 2010, 08:32 PM
Use CRC engine head gasket remover to get laquer off. Comes real goo with thick covered EWS units. Than clean it off with alcohol.