PDA

View Full Version : How to flash locked FCA GPEC2a without opening ECU

EnCoders
22nd March, 2021, 07:23 AM
Hello,
I can tell you a one trick with locked Continental GPEC2a.
Tested on Dodge Challenger 3.6 2012+ (file attached, ECU has a locked status).
You can try any other vehicles and write here - is it working or not. And we will collect more information.
Tools usually require to unlock ECU before writing, otherwise you can damage ECU content.
So basically you need to read flash + eeprom, open ecu, unlock it (boot scheme attached - no pass) and than flash again.
Some tools like BitBox doesn't has a strict check before writing of ECU status and can flash even locked ECU.
And main fault is EEPROM - it need to be restored and if you will make all OBD2, locked ECU can't restore it OBD2.
But can be restored on the bench even on locked ECU! So if you have a tested solution - you need to flash it just 1 time (like mine one ;) ).
And yes - you need to take off ECU, connect on the bench, read flash + eeprom and when get modified a file - just write new flash and last correct eeprom back to ECU - and car will start even if it was locked!
So unlocking is only for next OBD2 writing! If you have 1st time ECU on bench - just flash both files and keep ECU unopened ;)

If that helps, you can leave a feedback / thanks - and next time I can tell you another useful information.

quato79
22nd March, 2021, 08:05 AM
Great info, I have done the same ecus twice, but I unlocked them first with Bitbox, then write by OBD , dodnt test with locked ecu,there is some info on mhh that modification on flash allows to flash without opening also,but didnt try.

regards

CrbnChem
13th October, 2023, 03:56 AM
So I just bought a foxflaah device and I can read from via BAM Nexus boot mode. I have the int and eeprom. I was told foxflaah would take the file and patch it with the unlock so that it can work with hpt. At the moment, they are trying to say that they cannot do it, but I know they can.

I need the patch (or rather what memory addresses to patch), or if someone can patch this one for me, I can likely figure it out from there. Any advice?

OP: if you have any insight I am interested.

Glennd789
12th March, 2024, 03:54 PM
So I just bought a foxflaah device and I can read from via BAM Nexus boot mode. I have the int and eeprom. I was told foxflaah would take the file and patch it with the unlock so that it can work with hpt. At the moment, they are trying to say that they cannot do it, but I know they can.

I need the patch (or rather what memory addresses to patch), or if someone can patch this one for me, I can likely figure it out from there. Any advice?

OP: if you have any insight I am interested.

Did you ever find out the memory address or process?