PDA

View Full Version : ecu re-flash using kwp2000 NOT TUNING!!!!

estate
28th January, 2010, 06:08 PM
looking at the possibilty of needing to reflash my ecu on a 1.7di y17dtl corsa, have heard it can be done with a kwp2000 clone? now i know it won't be everyones tool of choice, but the car is cheeeep so the tools need to be too! so what i'm looking for is a reputable supplier of kwp2000's and also some info on re-flashing the ecu...........

When i use the new file will i need the security info for the new file too? i.e new pin number?

has anyone got a good dump for my ecu? it's a 2001 1.7di corsa.

Thanks in advance guys.

oldford
28th January, 2010, 08:16 PM
Why do you need to reflash it?

estate
28th January, 2010, 08:23 PM
well it's all relating to that one i've posted about, i cannot get it to "programme", and if i leave it and go back, it loose the info, i.e vin etc, and the car came to me non running, so perhaps i'm wrong but i think it's due to a voltage spike etc and has corrupt the ecu. I would honestly loved to be proved wrong and i'll welcome ANY suggestions! :banghead:

dfi
28th January, 2010, 11:51 PM
well it's all relating to that one i've posted about, i cannot get it to "programme", and if i leave it and go back, it loose the info, i.e vin etc, and the car came to me non running, so perhaps i'm wrong but i think it's due to a voltage spike etc and has corrupt the ecu. I would honestly loved to be proved wrong and i'll welcome ANY suggestions! :banghead:

try to see if the eeprom inside the ecu is ok, in it is stored the immo and vin. maybe you need to change it.

estate
29th January, 2010, 11:16 AM
at this stage, i don't want to be removing eeproms :(

dfi
29th January, 2010, 05:59 PM
at this stage, i don't want to be removing eeproms :(

in this case change the ecu, you don't have other ways to solve the problem. In the Flash is not stored VIN and Immo.