PDA

View Full Version : C-Class Mercedes ECU CRD3.10 Clone Advice

Dunker
23rd March, 2021, 11:35 PM
A friend has brought me an ECU from his Mercedes C Class. It has a fault (alledgedly). The car has an airflow meter fault code that will not clear. Airflow meter has been swapped and wires checked OK back to ECU. Another car with the same engine side by side has identical voltages on all connections.

He asked me if I can clone the ECU.

I have read the Flash and EEPROM OK with my orig PCMFlash. (4Mb Flash & 32Kb EEPROM)

My question is, can I just write this data to another ECU with the same numbers from ebay, clear any fault codes and everything should be good for the car to run.

I just wondered if these ECUs have the same sort of IMMO idea as the VW ones with OTP.

Also, just for testing this new ECU before any cloning operation, can it just be plugged into the car to see if this fault code appears without screwing up the immobilizer on the car like some other makes do.

Maybe the software in the original ECU is at fault and I might be cloning bad data. I would prefer to do everything on the bench as I dont have Xentry or anything the same (yet).

Any advice appreciated.

ilian_cho
24th March, 2021, 11:04 AM
Yes you can put ecu to car and can see if you can erase codes. But for cloning you cannot just put flash and eeprom.

Dunker
24th March, 2021, 07:03 PM
I've checked the car with a new ECU today and the fault code is not present so it looks like the old ECU is at fault.

What is the solution?

Is it copy IMMO data like EDC17 or virgin the new ECU and recode.

Thanks.

ilian_cho
25th March, 2021, 02:49 PM
Best way is to find someone with avdi or other tols like vvdi mb or etc -extract fsb data and coding from orig and transwer to donor.

figani
26th March, 2021, 09:56 AM
Yes you can put ecu to car and can see if you can erase codes. But for cloning you cannot just put flash and eeprom.

yes you can, its simple...
copy and paste nothing else...
even without opening...

figani
26th March, 2021, 09:56 AM
I've checked the car with a new ECU today and the fault code is not present so it looks like the old ECU is at fault.

What is the solution?

Is it copy IMMO data like EDC17 or virgin the new ECU and recode.

Thanks.

just copy and paste...
TC and ext ee...