PDA

View Full Version : W212 (2014) Power Steering Malfunction

Thabani Zororai
25th March, 2021, 11:46 AM
After replacing faulty steering column (W212 Bluetech Hybrid) Client tried to adapt new column using OBD Star.

Machine recorded procedure as successful.

Now car is displaying "PowerSteering Malfunction, see owner's manual" and the steerf is now very stiff.

How do I solve this??https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210325/a96cfd1502a60aa08349b5d98035ab0e.jpg

Sent from my ALE-UL00 using Tapatalk

hesham10
25th March, 2021, 12:12 PM
what did you replace ? steering column or steering rack ? steering column behind steering wheel ... steering rack is connected to tires and near suspension .... i think rack changed ... with xentry go to adaptation and reset coding ... you will be asked to cycle ignition and this fault will go and can be erased ... here i think the steering will remain stiff with no fault and if yes the problem will be torque sensor

Thabani Zororai
25th March, 2021, 12:15 PM
what did you replace ? steering column or steering rack ? steering column behind steering wheel ... steering rack is connected to tires and near suspension .... i think rack changed ... with xentry go to adaptation and reset coding ... you will be asked to cycle ignition and this fault will go and can be erased ... here i think the steering will remain stiff with no fault and if yes the problem will be torque sensorChanged steering column

Thabani Zororai
25th March, 2021, 12:16 PM
what did you replace ? steering column or steering rack ? steering column behind steering wheel ... steering rack is connected to tires and near suspension .... i think rack changed ... with xentry go to adaptation and reset coding ... you will be asked to cycle ignition and this fault will go and can be erased ... here i think the steering will remain stiff with no fault and if yes the problem will be torque sensorWhat is the location of the torque sensor.

Thabani Zororai
25th March, 2021, 12:21 PM
Changed steering column

Sent from my ALE-UL00 using TapatalkSorry meant changed steering rack.

hesham10
25th March, 2021, 12:31 PM
Ok reset coding

Thabani Zororai
25th March, 2021, 12:34 PM
Ok reset codingAfter reset coding it recorded as successful but shows a coding error. Says incomplete coding procedure

hesham10
25th March, 2021, 12:38 PM
Scan all car for faults

ASCM
25th March, 2021, 05:07 PM
After reset coding it recorded as successful but shows a coding error. Says incomplete coding procedure

Sent from my ALE-UL00 using TapatalkMake a full scan and post here

Sent from my 5033F using Tapatalk