PDA

View Full Version : Aftermath and Despan.....legends

freck
28th January, 2010, 09:37 PM
Got my new IPBox 9000HD a few days back and jumped straight into the deep end and tried flashing,cam installs,skin changes and all the things you do with a new receiver,but not with this one.
Without reading a lot re setup and general use I found myself in a fairly stressed state to say the least with kids and herself indoors asking about why the tv was off etc.
After a few pm's to Aftermath and Despan my troubles were over.
Due to theyre extensive knowledge of the ipbox I was up and running in a matter of a few pm's.
These guys are a real assett to DK and deserve every recognition for their helpfullness and general do goodery(if such a word exists) lol.I'll take my hat off to ye guys and expose ye for all that ye're worth...really good people!!!And I cant stress that enough.
Good on ye guys:top::top:
Keep up the great service.
Freck

aftermath
28th January, 2010, 09:48 PM
thats what we all like to do here and help each other.Thanks for the compliments.

despdan
29th January, 2010, 10:46 AM
Thats what this place is all about, what ever i learn i will pass on. Nice to see you didn't take a sledge hammer to it:)

freck
29th January, 2010, 04:46 PM
My itgate has lost its slot below my tv and moved to the bedroom,IPBox rules the roost now.
The sledge hammer came to mind alright Despan but I paid too much to see it smashed to bits...if it were a starview it would be well and truly deceased by now.
Seeing slight breakup in the new NLB image tho,anyone else found this.I've read thatother images have this problem aswell with stuttering/breakup of reception.
Are there any rock solid images that I could try just to rule out the image....could be something else going on.
Signal strength etc fine just the break up problem every now and then
Freck

aftermath
29th January, 2010, 05:06 PM
My itgate has lost its slot below my tv and moved to the bedroom,IPBox rules the roost now.
The sledge hammer came to mind alright Despan but I paid too much to see it smashed to bits...if it were a starview it would be well and truly deceased by now.
Seeing slight breakup in the new NLB image tho,anyone else found this.I've read thatother images have this problem aswell with stuttering/breakup of reception.
Are there any rock solid images that I could try just to rule out the image....could be something else going on.
Signal strength etc fine just the break up problem every now and then
Freck

its just around the corner ( for a rock steady image ). try Enigma 2 on a usb stick, some e2 images are very stable.
Everyone i know wont have a 100% steady image because DGS keep releasing bugged images, therefore NLB, Sifteam e.t.c can only add plugins and stuff but still have the bugs.
Personally , if we can get a more stable Cam instead of incubuscam or ( they release a perfect one ), and the HD software and Media Software and Timeshift can be improved then i am sure we will all be happy.

freck
29th January, 2010, 05:46 PM
Good points there,a better Cam would be ideal plus some fixes for minor glitches,I also found that incubusCam tends to switch off for no reason and has to be restarted via green button.
I'll try enigma on a usb stick and see how it goes.
Freck

aftermath
31st January, 2010, 04:01 PM
Good points there,a better Cam would be ideal plus some fixes for minor glitches,I also found that incubusCam tends to switch off for no reason and has to be restarted via green button.
I'll try enigma on a usb stick and see how it goes.
Freck

you think thats good, wait till you find out you no longer need incubuscamd :)

balikuyu
8th April, 2010, 11:11 PM
Got my new IPBox 9000HD a few days back and jumped straight into the deep end and tried flashing,cam installs,skin changes and all the things you do with a new receiver,but not with this one.
Without reading a lot re setup and general use I found myself in a fairly stressed state to say the least with kids and herself indoors asking about why the tv was off etc.
Due to theyre extensive knowledge of the ipbox I was up and running in a matter of a few pm's.
These guys are a real assett to DK and deserve every recognition for their helpfullness and general do goodery(if such a word exists) lol.I'll take my hat off to ye guys and expose ye for all that ye're worth...really good people!!!And I cant stress that enough.
Good on ye guys:top::top:
Keep up the great service.
Freck

Just like to second your comments Freck, if it wasn't for these Guys I would still be in the Dbox darkages.

Can we flash the USB E2 image the same way as the NLB's? (i.e. usb_update) or does it need to be setup as dual boot (that kinda put me off it the first time)

Thanks

aftermath
9th April, 2010, 02:17 AM
Just like to second your comments Freck, if it wasn't for these Guys I would still be in the Dbox darkages.

Can we flash the USB E2 image the same way as the NLB's? (i.e. usb_update) or does it need to be setup as dual boot (that kinda put me off it the first time)

Thanks

You can but it's not a USB image it's a Flash image, it's flashed the same way as a DGS image

.: JaCkPoT :.
9th April, 2010, 05:42 PM

Nice to hear your success but to everyone else who needs help please use the open forum as others can thereafter learn and if it is against the rules then make sure the person with whom you wish to receive help from is ok with the PM'ing system. I just dont want Aftermath & despans PM box to be continually spammed by people looking for help where it can be found easily.

:)