PDA

View Full Version : peogeot 307 ecu and bsi not comunicate

troubled
28th January, 2010, 10:53 PM
hello i'm a newbie, glad i found this site,hope i can help anyone with a key problem in the future, ive just brought a peogeut 307 xsi off a friend who's had enough of the ordeal and a bill from peugeut and a car that still isn't fixed. being in peugeut they has put a new ecu and new bsi unit and was told they've put more then one of each on but the problem is still accurring. they said they were havin problems programming keys into the car, which i took the problem on myself to program a key in which change the trainsponder chip and cured the problem and has has now excepted the key in the bci, i've been using mpv programer, when i look into live data the ecu comes up locked, trams is locked, also saying the bonnet open when it is closed, also managed to put peugeot planet diagnostic on which is coming upwith no communication with the ecu and bsibetween the two, i see a post with the same prob saying the same thing that is happening to me. comunication failed to bsi. this is the problem peuguot been having, getting the to to talk to each other, they have surposed to of checked the wires between the two, i have spoken to people and believe maybe a problem with the wiring or the bsi or ecuthis is a new field for me, has ayone got any ideas or had the same problem. thank you, and i'll be much greatfull as i'm throwing money at an area i dont know, many thanx, michael

electronics
28th January, 2010, 11:05 PM
the bsi and ecu in a 307 xsi comunicates betwenn abs, the abs is ok?

troubled
28th January, 2010, 11:55 PM
thank for reply ,ac comes up with a fault.also esp light on the dash stays on ,on the peugeot invoice they say disconnected abs ac and esp sensor to illiminate open or short circuits

troubled
29th January, 2010, 12:05 AM
thank u for reply.fault on ac comes up and eps light stays on dash ,on peugeot invoice they say diconnected abs ;ac and esp sensor to iliminate open or short circuits,was told the all connected again but will check myself tommor

busaman
29th January, 2010, 09:46 AM
if you have coded 1 key to work you also need to do the telecoding (tell the bsi / ecu what functions and components fitted to the car) when it runs is it limited to 2500 rpm.

troubled
29th January, 2010, 10:05 PM
thank u for ur post, just done a quick search about tele codin and aint found much out, do i need to do the tele coding out now and get the two comunicating together or do i carry out the tele coding when the two r working, and can i use peogeot planet, and do i need certain files or programs to do it. sorry if this sounds a stupid question but its all new to me

troubled
29th January, 2010, 10:18 PM
also found on another post with the same sort of problem,"sometimes the ecu for peogeot/citron car they block. this means that u dont programthem or u dont clear fault ect, one solution 4 this problem is to disconnect the battery (positive and negative) conect the two wire positive and negative together for a few hours to unloading trajistor. after that u can program the bsi and ecu read faults."
can anyone tell me does this work and is it safe to do so

ricards99
30th January, 2010, 05:35 PM
also found on another post with the same sort of problem,"sometimes the ecu for peogeot/citron car they block. this means that u dont programthem or u dont clear fault ect, one solution 4 this problem is to disconnect the battery (positive and negative) conect the two wire positive and negative together for a few hours to unloading trajistor. after that u can program the bsi and ecu read faults."
can anyone tell me does this work and is it safe to do so
if bsi dont accept coding, retry in 15mn if always same then you must reprogram a virgin dump in with upa or etl or xprog-m,after this coding will be easy
it's a motorola 912 if you need virigin dump pm me

Ashraf6119
30th January, 2010, 09:31 PM
Hi

I dont think there is any problems with BSI or ECU Units as they are all New Parts replced by Dealer and not S/hand used.

What i would advice you to do is recheck again all wirings under carpets and fuses, all earth wires make sure all earth wires are nice and clean.

Its no point Coding those Units when they are not Communicating to each others.

Because even if you try to program the keys its only BSI is accepting the keys not the Engine ECU thats why you getting ECU Locked as BSI is not sending key informantion when your are programing your keys.

Hope This Helps

Ash

busaman
30th January, 2010, 09:40 PM
Just a thought have you checked the plugs on the ecu are there any broken pins i had one with water ingress and it broke a pin of the ecu ang got stuck in the plug causing the same fault no comms.

Ashraf6119
31st January, 2010, 12:06 PM
Hi Busaman

Yes its a GOOD POINT :congrats:

Ash

troubled
31st January, 2010, 01:37 PM
Hi

I dont think there is any problems with BSI or ECU Units as they are all New Parts replced by Dealer and not S/hand used.

What i would advice you to do is recheck again all wirings under carpets and fuses, all earth wires make sure all earth wires are nice and clean.

Its no point Coding those Units when they are not Communicating to each others.

Because even if you try to program the keys its only BSI is accepting the keys not the Engine ECU thats why you getting ECU Locked as BSI is not sending key informantion when your are programing your keys.

Hope This Helps

Ash

thank u ash and everyone whos commented, as u say peugeut have put new parts on, more then once, i think ur right its down to a wirring problem, they have ment to check the wirring between the two but things do get over looked, i'm hoping i have got an autoelectrician coming out next week, if he cant rectify the problem as an easy one then i'll have to check the wiring myself and learn myself as its quite hard wirring, will post the finding next week .then probly go down the routes of dump files, many thanks 2 all, if anyone thinks of anythink else please post,i dont want this car getting the better of me

Ashraf6119
1st February, 2010, 09:00 PM
Troubled

Where are you located ( I mean in what part of the world you are ).:hahaha:

May be if you are near some one here on this forum who could help you out.

Ash

troubled
2nd February, 2010, 12:51 AM
rushden ,northampton. have got car trailer if any close by.many thank michael

BimmerGT1
2nd February, 2010, 04:59 AM
hello i'm a newbie, glad i found this site,hope i can help anyone with a key problem in the future, ive just brought a peogeut 307 xsi off a friend who's had enough of the ordeal and a bill from peugeut and a car that still isn't fixed. being in peugeut they has put a new ecu and new bsi unit and was told they've put more then one of each on but the problem is still accurring. they said they were havin problems programming keys into the car, which i took the problem on myself to program a key in which change the trainsponder chip and cured the problem and has has now excepted the key in the bci, i've been using mpv programer, when i look into live data the ecu comes up locked, trams is locked, also saying the bonnet open when it is closed, also managed to put peugeot planet diagnostic on which is coming upwith no communication with the ecu and bsibetween the two, i see a post with the same prob saying the same thing that is happening to me. comunication failed to bsi. this is the problem peuguot been having, getting the to to talk to each other, they have surposed to of checked the wires between the two, i have spoken to people and believe maybe a problem with the wiring or the bsi or ecuthis is a new field for me, has ayone got any ideas or had the same problem. thank you, and i'll be much greatfull as i'm throwing money at an area i dont know, many thanx, michael

First what tester are you using, for the problem you have you will need a factory tester, like PPO200, this tester will give you a lot more info on the problem, if you car were involved in a accident check the lines betwen ABS, BSI and ECU, try to by pass ABS by conecting the can lines of the ABS to ECU, this will get the engine running, you will need to check for proper coding of the car, transmision type, etc, if key are active or if they are programmed. Hope thios will help you.

achourvcnsa
2nd February, 2010, 11:27 PM
give me the chassis number of the car please

Manmart
3rd February, 2010, 12:43 AM
Try to disconnect ABS and to make diagnostics BSI& ECU.

nutloose
3rd February, 2010, 01:12 AM
from another thread

partial bsi plug pinout

• Allocation of pins of the Yellow 26-way MQS 26 connector of the main harness.
1 - K diagnostic line serial connection
2 - Input: Vehicle speed information
3 - Input: Engine ECU serial connection for engine im*obiliser
4 - Input: Engine speed information through engine ECU

and
14 - Input/Output: Battery charge/alternator excitation
15 - Output: Transponder clock signal
16 - Output: Engine ECU serial connection for engine im*obiliser
17 - Transponder aerial serial connection for engine im*obiliser

Built-in Systems Interface:
The BSI decodes the signal sent by the transponder. It considers the key to be valid
or not, depending on the signal received.
It then controls the display and the locking/unlocking of the engine
management ECU.

Engine management ECU:
This can be locked or unlocked by the BSI. When locked, its functions are
prohibited (ignition, injection, etc). On diesel engine vehicles, the diesel pump
electrovalve is locked in the same way.

Case of engine locked: There is a communications problem or the engine
ECU has not unlocked itself after receiving the request from the BSI.

Case of unknown transponder: The key has not been recognised or has not
been reprogrammed after the last programming.

bawbag_
3rd February, 2010, 09:21 PM
Great topic guys, Similar to the problem I am having with 206 1.1 2004. I have virgin ecu which is now configured correctly but engine fails to run. I have one fault code. injector 4 O.C, which I generated. Fault shows as an intermittent fault but I cannot delete. I have no spark. I didn't check if injector pulse is present with new ecu as it was with the old one.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f114/help-pp2000-ecu-replacing-problem-89578/#post441839

the_big_d
3rd February, 2010, 09:50 PM
Simple check to test the h/s CAN wiring. Get a wiring diagram for the injection ecu & locate the CAN high & CAN low wires & connect an ohmeter across the 2 wires with all ECU's connected. a resistance of 60 ohms shows the wiring is good & a resistance of 120 ohms or O/L shows a break in the CAN line.
The BSI & injection ECU have a 120 ohm end of line resistor in them on the CAN lines.

bawbag_
6th February, 2010, 05:01 PM
Hi, I done the resistance check on can lines and all is well. I've tried again to teach key into BSi and now I'm in a loop with 15 min delays. I this a key or BSi fault?

Ashraf6119
6th February, 2010, 05:10 PM
Hi bawbag,

Are you sure you are using the right Transponder Chip for this car ?

Why you have Transponder Maker Recognized NO

Ash

bawbag_
6th February, 2010, 05:21 PM
This is the key customer provided with car, spare key will be available on Monday.

bob272
7th February, 2010, 11:00 AM
i cannot check for this car but most 307 run the can lines through the abs, so bsi-abs-engine ecu,dissconecting the abs will cut the line to the engine ecu,as sugested by bimmergt1 try to bypass the can line from the abs unit to see if this helps,

chassis number needed to find any more info

bob

the_big_d
7th February, 2010, 11:38 PM
i cannot check for this car but most 307 run the can lines through the abs, so bsi-abs-engine ecu,dissconecting the abs will cut the line to the engine ecu,as sugested by bimmergt1 try to bypass the can line from the abs unit to see if this helps,

chassis number needed to find any more info

bob
He has checked the CAN lines & is getting 60 ohms so the full CAN network wiring is ok. You would get 120 ohms if the ABS ecu was causing a break in the CAN line.

agabna
8th February, 2010, 07:36 PM
hello the mvp our ad100 cant do it for u unless u use peugeot planet because the ecu & bsi need to be matched so try to found some one near u have it and i am sure because i have the mvp + ad100 + planet, it cant work without the planet

busaman
9th February, 2010, 06:44 PM
hello the mvp our ad100 cant do it for u unless u use peugeot planet because the ecu & bsi need to be matched so try to found some one near u have it and i am sure because i have the mvp + ad100 + planet, it cant work without the planet

aggreed it needs telecoding.

aidyk
9th February, 2010, 07:20 PM
Great topic guys, Similar to the problem I am having with 206 1.1 2004. I have virgin ecu which is now configured correctly but engine fails to run. I have one fault code. injector 4 O.C, which I generated. Fault shows as an intermittent fault but I cannot delete. I have no spark. I didn't check if injector pulse is present with new ecu as it was with the old one.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f114/help-pp2000-ecu-replacing-problem-89578/#post441839
hi bawbag

did you get your 206 going yet..?
i had 1 last week 2004 1.1 in not going, and it had a corroded wire
different problem from you i take it.?

ibrahim11
19th February, 2010, 11:59 PM
hi
bsi inside mcu nec is damage

bawbag_
21st February, 2010, 03:32 PM
hi bawbag

did you get your 206 going yet..?
i had 1 last week 2004 1.1 in not going, and it had a corroded wire
different problem from you i take it.?

Sorry about delayed reply, I had moved on to my next headache :banghead:. In my 206 case it was the comm2000 which was at fault.

troubled
2nd June, 2010, 10:00 PM
hello thank u for ur help in past.still havent got peog running ,auto election had it and says ecu nackered [brand new one] found same car which is beaking part numbers match up.going get bsi + ecu + transponder chip from car.do i need any other parts get it working like cluster clocks or comm 2000 many thanks michael