PDA

View Full Version : eeprom programming tools?

electromech
29th January, 2010, 07:35 AM
hello all I am in the market to expand my tool collection (addiction) I am wanting a eeprom programmer/eraser I want to do more milage,immo and airbag anyone got ideas of a good alround unit.Thanks for you help

bo0st
29th January, 2010, 10:53 AM
What about IC prog?
IC-Prog Prototype Programmer, programs : 12C508, 16C84, 16F84, PIC 16F877, 24C16, 24C32, 93C46, 90S1200, 59C11, 89C2051, 89S53, 250x0, PIC, AVR , 80C51 etc. (http://www.ic-prog.com/index1.htm)

Project for my youngest sister :bebored:

tachonow
29th January, 2010, 11:02 AM
hello all I am in the market to expand my tool collection (addiction) I am wanting a eeprom programmer/eraser I want to do more milage,im*o and airbag anyone got ideas of a good alround unit.Thanks for you help
Upa or Xprog-M are the best.

electromech
29th January, 2010, 09:13 PM
Upa or Xprog-M are the best.
Thanx but should I get both or which one will do?:hmmmm:

electromech
29th January, 2010, 09:25 PM
Oh xprog-m genuine clone and where do I find the genuin unit? ups is easy to fing genuine unit

PremierD
29th January, 2010, 09:34 PM
Thanx but should I get both or which one will do?:hmmmm:

Ok mate ... If you are going into it ... you need a few tools ... You need an eeprom programmer,MCU and Flash programmers .. I use Dataman pro48 ..its a univesal programmer ... But it ain't cheap.. will do eeproms mcus and flash .. with the correct adapters ... Which aint cheap either ..... There will be copies .. UPA is the stock programmer.. Does a lot in a small package .. and there's ETL ... (the source of all the copies on the market ) but great tools .. Again not the cheapest.... Its all down to ..what do you Exactly need ....and how deep your pockets are....

robsey
8th January, 2011, 04:12 AM
This is an ancient thread, but

I have a 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier with an 8 bit Eeprom mounted in the rear of it's fuel computer.

The injection pulse time / flow rate is incorrect for my system, so I am looking to modify this.
Wheel circumference and hence road speed calculation and fuel tank contents are correct.

Any ideas for the most suitable / cost effective programmer for this...
It is not very common to find a GM Tech1 programmer these days..
so it looks like I will need to read and modify the parameters myself.

any help / advice would be gratefully received

Thanks,
Rob.

simer
11th January, 2011, 09:32 AM
PonyProg
PonyProg - Serial device programmer (http://www.lancos.com/prog.html)