PDA

View Full Version : Range Rover 2003

drpeter
29th January, 2010, 12:02 PM
Hi,
I get Range Rover 2003 soon, customer only wants to do the cluster.

Anyone knows if there is a V6 M35080 in it?

I want to solder and program on the back of the cluster because I think it takes a lot of time to open this dash.

I had Range Rover 2006 (93C86) last time but that was easier to remove needles.

PremierD
29th January, 2010, 12:14 PM
Hi,
I get Range Rover 2003 soon, customer only wants to do the cluster.

Anyone knows if there is a V6 M35080 in it?

I want to solder and program on the back of the cluster because I think it takes a lot of time to open this dash.

I had Range Rover 2006 (93C86) last time but that was easier to remove needles.

It will have a 35080 mate .... But I Always rip them apart .. Never believed in the solder on /save / erase/ progam/..and quite possibly fcuk ..proccedure... sorry

Chances are it won't even be a V6 .. just a 6 ..or 3..

drpeter
29th January, 2010, 12:40 PM
It will have a 35080 mate .... But I Always rip them apart .. Never believed in the solder on /save / erase/ progam/..and quite possibly fcuk ..proccedure... sorry

Chances are it won't even be a V6 .. just a 6 ..or 3..

Thanks mate, I thought it was an old E39 cluster with the old ''electromagnetic drives'' (need pliers to remove needles), I don't like old E39 clusters.

Do all needles have hard stop points to recalibrate?

PremierD
29th January, 2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks mate, I thought it was an old E39 cluster with the old ''electromagnetic drives'' (need pliers to remove needles), I don't like old E39 clusters.

Do all needles have hard stop points to recalibrate?

Very (not hard )..stops mate ... put the needle on the shaft a little way.. turn gently and you will feel the stop... then push needle home ... if your not confident .. when you feel the stop... grip the shaft before you push needle home .... Do not turn hard against it ... or the spring will unwind ....

PS ... If you fcuk the springs ... Just cut them out ... it will still work ... (but not exactly a professional job):D

tima
3rd February, 2010, 12:22 AM
can this vehicle be programmed in circuit with UPA? or would one need to take out the eeprom?

PremierD
3rd February, 2010, 07:16 AM
can this vehicle be programmed in circuit with UPA? or would one need to take out the eeprom?

simple answer mate no... m35080 eprom needs to be replaced ...or ereased.......