PDA

View Full Version : Saab 9-3 1.9tid EDC16C9 / C39

cokeaddict
9th April, 2021, 10:22 PM
So I read that it's possible to flash the ecu in my Saab 9-3 using either FGTech v54 or MPPS V12 or newer.

It seems that as my car is a 2005 then it will use the EDC16c9 ecu which lots of post suggest can't be read via obdII properly and a BDM read should be done ?

Anyway I just went out to my car and did a read with both MPPS v13.02 and also with FGTech v54.

I tried it as both Saab 9-3 and Vx Vectra with both tools.

I also did a read as EDC16C9 and EDC16C39 with both tools.

The MPPS didn't give have the option under Saab 9-3 to read the C9 variant, only the option for C39, so I did a read as a Saab C39 and also as a Vectra C9, both files are an exact match (checked with hex compare).

With FGTech V54 the 2 C9 reads (Saab and Vectra) again match each other, but both C39 reads failed, it gave me a warning about only being able to read 1 of the 2 map locations but failed to read either.

All files are 1.0mb in size, but the MPPS files do not match the FG Tech v54 files.

What confuses me, is that I read it was the C9 ecu that is hard to read via OBD, but the C39 isn't an issue ?

I also searched online and found a couple of BDM reads that match my SW and HW numbers and those bdm files are a match for my FGTech V54 obdII reads using C9.

So does that mean that the FGTech v54 did infact read the EDC16C9 via OBDII without an issue ?

Also does anyone have a good Stage 1 tune with EGR / DPF delete (no issues with either, but may aswell map them out before I get issue's) for my ecu for flashing (safely) with either MPPS or FGTech V54 ?

I noticed a couple of files have been posted on this board previously, but I do not have the password for the files (I have pm'd the users that posted them but no reply as yet).

Bosch Hardware Number: 1037372565
Bosch Software Number: 0281012247
Opel Software Number: AA
Engine Type: Z19DTH
1037372565P319_S83

I have attached a file from each sw.

Many thanks

chrisimerk
9th April, 2021, 10:31 PM
So I read that it's possible to flash the ecu in my Saab 9-3 using either FGTech v54 or MPPS V12 or newer.

It seems that as my car is a 2005 then it will use the EDC16c9 ecu which lots of post suggest can't be read via obdII properly and a BDM read should be done ?

Anyway I just went out to my car and did a read with both MPPS v13.02 and also with FGTech v54.

I tried it as both Saab 9-3 and Vx Vectra with both tools.

I also did a read as EDC16C9 and EDC16C39 with both tools.

The MPPS didn't give have the option under Saab 9-3 to read the C9 variant, only the option for C39, so I did a read as a Saab C39 and also as a Vectra C9, both files are an exact match (checked with hex compare).

With FGTech V54 the 2 C9 reads (Saab and Vectra) again match each other, but both C39 reads failed, it gave me a warning about only being able to read 1 of the 2 map locations but failed to read either.

All files are 1.0mb in size, but the MPPS files do not match the FG Tech v54 files.

What confuses me, is that I read it was the C9 ecu that is hard to read via OBD, but the C39 isn't an issue ?

I also searched online and found a couple of BDM reads that match my SW and HW numbers and those bdm files are a match for my FGTech V54 obdII reads using C9.

So does that mean that the FGTech v54 did infact read the EDC16C9 via OBDII without an issue ?

Also does anyone have a good Stage 1 tune with EGR / DPF delete (no issues with either, but may aswell map them out before I get issue's) for my ecu for flashing (safely) with either MPPS or FGTech V54 ?

I noticed a couple of files have been posted on this board previously, but I do not have the password for the files (I have pm'd the users that posted them but no reply as yet).

Engine Type: Z19DTH
1037372565P319_S83

I have attached a file from each sw.

Many thanks

Mpps has no problem with edc16c9 just as you did select edc16c39

Regards

cokeaddict
9th April, 2021, 10:34 PM
Mpps has no problem with edc16c9 just as you did select edc16c39

Regards
So the MPPS file attached above is ok ?

chrisimerk
9th April, 2021, 11:38 PM
So the MPPS file attached above is ok ?

Yeah it's fine this all you need to do dpf egr off tuning but only good enough for stage 1 as to do more you need other half of flash so bdm read

cokeaddict
9th April, 2021, 11:43 PM
Yeah it's fine this all you need to do dpf egr off tuning but only good enough for stage 1 as to do more you need other half of flash

So the v54 (Galetto) file above would be enough to do more (although I don't really need anything more than stage 1) ?

chrisimerk
10th April, 2021, 12:21 AM
So the v54 (Galetto) file above would be enough to do more (although I don't really need anything more than stage 1) ?

No as its a obd read even tho it's different

cokeaddict
10th April, 2021, 10:03 PM
Can anyone help with stage 1 or stage 1 with egr off file please ?

Rafixu
11th April, 2021, 12:07 AM
Here.

Stage 1 + egr (only dtc). For 100% working egr off solution You need full read of this ecu.

Pass pm

cokeaddict
11th April, 2021, 12:13 AM
Here.

Stage 1 + egr (only dtc). For 100% working egr off solution You need full read of this ecu.

Pass pm

Many thanks

Has checksum been corrected, or do I need to do that before flashing ?

Rafixu
11th April, 2021, 12:17 AM
Many thanks

Has checksum been corrected, or do I need to do that before flashing ?

Nope, checksum has not been corrected

cokeaddict
11th April, 2021, 12:19 AM
Nope, checksum has not been corrected

Ok I will try and sort that, many thanks again :)

chrisimerk
11th April, 2021, 02:36 AM
Mpps corrects checksum during writing and You don't need full read for a 100% egr dpf off working solution at all obd read is good enough

cokeaddict
14th April, 2021, 06:07 PM
Here.

Pass pm

Sadly this file was no good.

I flashed it as is (without fixing checksum), flashed fine, car started but would not rev (just remained on idle, even with foot to floor revs would only jump less than 100rpm).

I then read the ecu id with mpps again and it showed 2 fault codes which is cleared, after the car would not run, it would start and then die instantly.

I had to flash back the stock file.

chrisimerk
14th April, 2021, 07:18 PM
Sadly this file was no good.

I flashed it as is (without fixing checksum), flashed fine, car started but would not rev (just remained on idle, even with foot to floor revs would only jump less than 100rpm).

I then read the ecu id with mpps again and it showed 2 fault codes which is cleared, after the car would not run, it would start and then die instantly.

I had to flash back the stock file.

here obviously that tune is no good here is a tested file
enjoy

pass in pm

cokeaddict
14th April, 2021, 07:32 PM
enjoy

pass in pm

Many thanks, will give it a try tomorrow

cokeaddict
15th April, 2021, 05:01 PM
enjoy

pass in pm

Ok tested this file today, car starts, revs and drives :D

Infact the car runs really well with this file (bit smoky after 4500rpm but otherwise ok).

However I have the engine management light on with a P0400 code (EGR).

I have the EGR valve disconnected (previous owner broke the plug), I thought with EGR delete this would turn the light out ?

cokeaddict
21st April, 2021, 04:39 PM
Ok I gave in and fixed the EGR plug (cut 1 off a vectra at scrap yard) so the light is out now.

Do I need to buy a blanking plate now to stop the EGR working, or is the valve set always closed so blanking plate is not required ?

chrisimerk
21st April, 2021, 06:02 PM
Ok I gave in and fixed the EGR plug (cut 1 off a vectra at scrap yard) so the light is out now.

Do I need to buy a blanking plate now to stop the EGR working, or is the valve set always closed so blanking plate is not required ?

I would blank it as over time the exhaust pressure opens the valve and will cause running issues

Voltz
22nd September, 2021, 03:56 PM
enjoy

pass in pm

Hello,
Should this map work ? on a
2006 SAAB 9.3 1.9 120hp 88kw
Engine Type: Z19DT

Thank you

*Update
It works, the car feels better but it shows 2 codes
P0602 ECM Programming error
P1109 IAT - B Sensor - Swirls flaps I belive

Z19DT doesn't have swirls... right?

gunni88
25th October, 2022, 06:53 PM
NO Z19DTH has 2 Camschafts ! and Z19DT Only one camschaft ;)

bello29
19th March, 2023, 08:20 AM
Many thanks, will give it a try tomorrow

Can U give some feedback if it worked for u?

cokeaddict
19th March, 2023, 11:44 AM
Can U give some feedback if it worked for u?

I already did on post 16

farick
28th January, 2024, 11:30 AM
Hello. The processor has failed. There is no option to subtract MPC. Maybe someone has a full block EDC16c9 1.9DT with one camshaft. The purchased unit does not fit. Thank you.