PDA

View Full Version : Jaguar XJ8 - Lost Keys

KushtrimLTG
29th January, 2010, 11:30 PM
Hello,

I have one problem with my jag,

i have one jaguar xj8 3.2 1999 and i lost the keys.
i ordered one in UK via vin number and i tried the new key it goes just to contact but wont start the engine, the key came genuine but without immobilizer. i tried with IDS to reinstall the key it asks me how many keys you want to program i did 1 and when i click the tick button then one error appears: Error Programing key 3-12. and it aborts the programing.
how should i try to program the key, maybe i need patch or something else...

did someone has the same problem, please can someone help me.
any advice would be much appreciated.
thanks for all.

laldog
29th January, 2010, 11:40 PM
My advice would be to get a spare key before you loose the only key you have for a posh motor like that!!

estate
30th January, 2010, 01:56 AM
have you tried erasing all the other keys first?

nutloose
30th January, 2010, 07:18 PM
If it uses Ford PATS you will need a minimum number of keys
(2 or 3) to program,
if you erase the ones it knows

Ashraf6119
30th January, 2010, 08:48 PM
Lal,

Its too late to have a spare key now Mate his already in :coffin:

Ash

nutloose
30th January, 2010, 10:03 PM
did it come from the dealers?
does it have a valid transponder?

Meat-Head
30th January, 2010, 10:49 PM
Lal,

Its too late to have a spare key now Mate his already in :coffin:

Ash

Doest that mean it's an opertunity to say Z786 OPW

AvechuchoAxel
31st January, 2010, 02:09 AM
Hello,

I have one problem with my jag,

i have one jaguar xj8 3.2 1999 and i lost the keys.
i ordered one in UK via vin number and i tried the new key it goes just to contact but wont start the engine, the key came genuine but without im*obilizer. i tried with IDS to reinstall the key it asks me how many keys you want to program i did 1 and when i click the tick button then one error appears: Error Programing key 3-12. and it aborts the programing.
how should i try to program the key, maybe i need patch or something else...

did someone has the same problem, please can someone help me.
any advice would be much appreciated.
thanks for all.

I IDS there are 2 options.... Use ADD TRANSPONDER instead NEW TRANSPONDERS....

If you erase all your keys (transponders) the PATS will disable all the keys and the vehicle will not start or even not crank at all.

I suggest, just ADD NEW TRANSPONDER, so with your original key + the new one you will be good to GO.

If for instance you already deleted the transponders the minimum set of keys is "2" .. so just select new transponders, the number of keys you want to program and then go one by one turning ignition key ON and OFF. If you look at the screen you will be able to watch the status when the second key is programmed.

Good Luck

KushtrimLTG
31st January, 2010, 09:28 PM
did it come from the dealers?
does it have a valid transponder?

hello,

yes it did come from one UK Jag dealer, it has a transponder included but did come just the key without any remote controller.
the key that i had the original one it did has the remote controller with it and the new key came without the remote maybe it will need the remote too to be the programing successfull...

KushtrimLTG
31st January, 2010, 09:37 PM
I IDS there are 2 options.... Use ADD TRANSPONDER instead NEW TRANSPONDERS....

If you erase all your keys (transponders) the PATS will disable all the keys and the vehicle will not start or even not crank at all.

I suggest, just ADD NEW TRANSPONDER, so with your original key + the new one you will be good to GO.

If for instance you already deleted the transponders the minimum set of keys is "2" .. so just select new transponders, the number of keys you want to program and then go one by one turning ignition key ON and OFF. If you look at the screen you will be able to watch the status when the second key is programmed.

Good Luck

hello,

the vehicle did come to me just with one genuine key so now i have only one from a jag dealer with transponder in it.
when i did plug it to ids i did do all the procedure you wrote but before turning ignition key ON and OFF it asks me how many keys you want to program and i did click 1 and when i click the tick button it appears one error saying error programming key with a code 3-12 and then the procedure ends.
in the first time when i did click add new transponders it says note: all transponders installed before will be deleted please wait...

i use the Land Rover Jaguar IDS software version 120 new one.

is there maybe another jaguar software that can help me programing that transponder key.

thank you all for your help i appreciate it.

KushtrimLTG
31st January, 2010, 09:40 PM
have you tried erasing all the other keys first?

hi,

the IDS did erase it automatically when i clicked the option add new transponders...

thanks

KushtrimLTG
31st January, 2010, 09:45 PM
If it uses Ford PATS you will need a minimum number of keys
(2 or 3) to program,
if you erase the ones it knows

hi,

i have only one genuine jaguar key with transponder thats maybe why i can't program it, or it can be the remote controll thats i dont know. i will try to save the background as picture and i will upload it so you all can see what error it is maybe someone who has experience can know what the problem is.

thank you all.

troubled
1st February, 2010, 12:35 AM
the transponder chip is megamos/nova (id 13 )u need two keys programmed in to start car.

nutloose
1st February, 2010, 06:49 PM
I think error coding keys 3 to 12 is what you are reporting.
If you have already erased the known keys you should be programming keys 1 and 2.
Doesn't the JLR 120 software revert to legacy software when you enter or read the VIN for a car that old?

If its like the fords, when you only program one key the PATS flashes an error code for insufficient keys programmed but it still runs.

KushtrimLTG
2nd February, 2010, 03:09 PM
I think error coding keys 3 to 12 is what you are reporting.
If you have already erased the known keys you should be programming keys 1 and 2.
Doesn't the JLR 120 software revert to legacy software when you enter or read the VIN for a car that old?

If its like the fords, when you only program one key the PATS flashes an error code for insufficient keys programmed but it still runs.

hello,

yes the software revert to legacy software because of the cars old builddate. it don't want to be programed, everytime i want to try to program the new key it only comes the error code 3-12... i don't really know but i'm trying just with one key because i dont have a second one, but ids asks me how many keys you want to program i select 1 and in next step the error occurs..

thanks to all...

z786
2nd February, 2010, 08:23 PM
maybe you need 3 keys? just a thought

Meat-Head
2nd February, 2010, 08:31 PM

Amazing point that is, how ever did you manage to figure that out :wavey:

z786
2nd February, 2010, 08:37 PM

Amazing point that is, how ever did you manage to figure that out :wavey:

it was such a good point it had to be mentioned twice

well the old pats system needs 3 keys
and
erm
you see

the "3-12" bit kinda gives it away, ITS STARING AT YOU RIGHT IN YOUR FACE

KushtrimLTG
3rd February, 2010, 04:46 PM
well the old pats system needs 3 keys
and
erm
you see

the "3-12" bit kinda gives it away, ITS STARING AT YOU RIGHT IN YOUR FACE

you think that i should also order 2 more keys from a jag dealer ? thats not good :hmmmm2:

nutloose
3rd February, 2010, 08:27 PM
well you could try selecting program "3" keys and see if you get the same fault.
If you dont have enough keys for a ford it programs the one key and works but flashes the immo light to indicate the fault.
It can't be any worse, it doesn't run now.

KushtrimLTG
8th February, 2010, 09:38 PM
well you could try selecting program "3" keys and see if you get the same fault.
If you dont have enough keys for a ford it programs the one key and works but flashes the im*o light to indicate the fault.
It can't be any worse, it doesn't run now.

hello, thank you for your help i tried that method and it comes still the same error code.

can i maybe bring that security system completely out of that vehicle i mean can i deactivate that security codes bring it in normal mode to start without transponders.

thanks..

z786
9th February, 2010, 11:22 PM
im not sure how 2 remove immo on one of them.
wat i wud suggest is get 2 keys with transponders cut from your local shop,shud be same as ford keys. they dont have 2 be from the dealer and try again

nutloose
10th February, 2010, 10:07 PM
what do you see in live data regarding the transponder?

busaman
11th February, 2010, 09:04 AM
i am pretty sure you need a minium of 3 keys when you have none of the originals left.

sogaro
26th February, 2010, 01:28 PM
Hello M8, have you fixed your Jag? If not PM me i maybe of help

KushtrimLTG
27th February, 2010, 09:56 AM
im not sure how 2 remove im*o on one of them.
wat i wud suggest is get 2 keys with transponders cut from your local shop,shud be same as ford keys. they dont have 2 be from the dealer and try again

hi

thank you for your suggestion i will try that method with one ford key maybe it can help, thanks

KushtrimLTG
27th February, 2010, 10:01 AM
what do you see in live data regarding the transponder?

hello, it says lauggage led open detected and transponder detected nothing else..

sogaro
8th March, 2010, 05:39 PM
this is what i mean