PDA

View Full Version : obdprog M500 mileage tool

bubbles69
25th April, 2021, 07:28 PM

I recently bought this tool very happy with it i would like to start a thread for cars listed working or not to help others with this tool

Transit courier 2015 tested ok
vauxhall corsa E 2014 tested ok
vauxhall insgnia 2011 tested ok

Transit 2017 not working

if anyone has this please post tested or not to help others with this tool

brend
26th April, 2021, 11:22 AM
It's obdstar production tool.

Obdstar thread ready done........................https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/491145-OBDSTAR-Mileage-Correction-Feedback

bubbles69
27th April, 2021, 06:14 PM
this is a obdprog product ive looked online and cant find anything to say it belongs to obdstar there two different companys correct me if i wrong with links saying this is obdprog is part of obdstar

brend
27th April, 2021, 07:10 PM
Both tool have one author!
So....nothing different!

this is a obdprog product ive looked online and cant find anything to say it belongs to obdstar there two different companys correct me if i wrong with links saying this is obdprog is part of obdstar

bubbles69
2nd May, 2021, 01:00 PM
well im not sure...! im software is different as vehcile list is different

i still would like ppl with the same tool to let know if any problems using with any vehicles

thanks

Nicolas9
2nd May, 2021, 02:29 PM
well im not sure...! im software is different as vehcile list is different

i still would like ppl with the same tool to let know if any problems using with any vehicles

thanks

no you are not correct. software is same. (some tools have more or less coverage, but the software per car model is exactly same, so dont need 2 topics).

case closed.

and i suggest buying proper tools instead of china tools if you dont want any 'problems'. china tools always have risks. even if someone did a specific car with m500/obdstar, no car is exactly the same. it can work properly on the first car, but its no quarantee it works the same on another car from same model.

bubbles69
2nd May, 2021, 02:32 PM
so are you saying obdprog is a clone of obstar products?

bubbles69
2nd May, 2021, 02:35 PM
im really confused as obdstar is china and look completely different to obdprog link here

https://www.obdprog.com/product.html

please show me where product is the same as im so confused please links so i can understand

amar28
2nd May, 2021, 04:14 PM
OBDPROG & OBDSTAR are are same company, rebranded tool to sell more

software is exactly the same, just some devices have some cars removed from list

M500 have 3 versions, Full config M500 = ODOMASTER from OBDSTAR

MT401 = X300M

update tool on laptop is same, distributor codes are same, registration is the same
no more confusion

bubbles69
2nd May, 2021, 05:02 PM
ok thanks for clearing that up its a very good tool does 2020 vehicles i was suprised

amar28
2nd May, 2021, 05:24 PM
Its not bad for the price, but only for those doing their own personal cars, in no way is it a tool to have at a workshop, unless you want to be repairing more cars than correcting ��

brend
3rd May, 2021, 05:17 PM
Turn it as you want but the two devices are completely identical in their work!
Thats it!!!

boner200
22nd August, 2022, 12:41 PM
I have been using this tool for ages and have never had any problems. Unfortunately i have managed to wipe it can anyone send me the firmware.

boner200
30th August, 2022, 11:03 PM
Managed to get the firmware but now need the file that is the same as the serial number. Can anybody help?