PDA

View Full Version : BMW X5 2007 Odometer/Mileage correction

grga59
28th April, 2021, 10:31 PM
Hello everyone i have BMW X5 2007 that i need to change the mileage and i know you can't just change it cuz it's gonna leave a red dot next to it, so how can i do it? I have Digiprog 3 and i saw i can do Cluster via OBDII and CAS module by OBDII so is that all i need to do or there is more? Do i have to first set mileage to 0 and then do it again or how? Can someone please explain me more about changing mileage on BMW? I know there is mileage in car key too but i need just in cluster but without that red dot and all of that stuff. Thank you all

amar28
28th April, 2021, 10:54 PM
Pay someone to do it, asking questions like this =
a beginner. BMW is not a car to start learning on

grga59
28th April, 2021, 11:05 PM
True but i would love to learn i know you have to set mileage to 0 write the eeprom and then write again eeprom with new mileage

salkapone
28th April, 2021, 11:26 PM
Don't touch this vehicle with digiprog, even original digiprog are not able to finish this job... Cheapest option is r270, or some similar tools...

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

grga59
28th April, 2021, 11:34 PM
I thinked like reading the eeprom from the dash with digiprog and doing it on desktop and then deleting the eeprom with digiprog and writing the new 0km data with digiprog and then changing mileage. Is that possible to do? Like everything with digiprog read and then write 0km data and then doing odometer correction

dtip
29th April, 2021, 12:13 AM
Just don't do it, believe me, start learning on some other brands

momogsm
29th April, 2021, 12:16 AM
Hi

Buy A R270 Programmer And An 35080 Eeprom For Reserve, And Then You Can Do The Job Properply,

Using DigiProg In Those Car Is Very Risky, Specially In CAS,

Good Luck

grga59
29th April, 2021, 12:26 AM
So guys you think i should not try it? I had a good plan how to do it

amar28
29th April, 2021, 12:26 AM
Hello everyone i have BMW X5 2007 that i need to change the mileage and i know you can't just change it cuz it's gonna leave a red dot next to it, so how can i do it? I have Digiprog 3 and i saw i can do Cluster via OBDII and CAS module by OBDII so is that all i need to do or there is more? Do i have to first set mileage to 0 and then do it again or how? Can someone please explain me more about changing mileage on BMW? I know there is mileage in car key too but i need just in cluster but without that red dot and all of that stuff. Thank you all

The red dot is not the worst to expect, If you get EWS tampering fault and the car dont start then your in trouble unless you got the knowledge/tools to fix it

shuvarec
29th April, 2021, 12:50 AM
So guys you think i should not try it? I had a good plan how to do it

If you think that you know how to do it - try it. If you screw up that job - it will cost you around 1k with new cas and programing. Easy...

grga59
29th April, 2021, 02:11 AM
You are right guys i wont do it

grga59
29th April, 2021, 02:29 AM
Cuz i did a lot of mileage corrections but on VAG you just need to do it in eeprom of cluster there is no red dot or something and eaven if ypu get lets say DEF error or lose your immo key you can just wrote the beckup and it all works again. And of cpuce you need to do it in ECU and all others electrnonic but you dont have to there is no that red dot

sagie1zn
29th April, 2021, 05:14 AM
You are right guys i wont do it

I have Digiprog 3 and i saw i can do Cluster via OBDII --lucky you listen to the above masters and walk away from this job. try first on cluster from junkyard before damage customer cars.

karmoranas
29th April, 2021, 07:21 AM
on E series bmw is very easy to change km just buy R270 clone it works perfect

1.step Remove CAS and Cluster
2.step Read CAS ( wiring connection is in r270 manual) make backup and change km what you want and write back
3. dissamble cluster find eeprom M35080 or 080D0WQ read and make backup ( M35080VP doesnt erase you have to change eeprom with new , just buy new and change ) on cluster i change km to 0 ( zero)
4. put back first CAS when cluster and done

R270 software very simple and easy to use , that software have calculators for cas and cluster

brend
29th April, 2021, 02:14 PM
Colleagues, stop trying to dissuade him.
is that can't see? ............grga59 very quickly wants adventure.
Let him kill his car and then we'll all together laugh ,when grga59 will run like a monkey around car.