PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! PP2000 Ecu Replacing Problem

bawbag_
30th January, 2010, 06:44 PM
I need some help with installing a virgin ECU to a Peugeot 206 2004.
The story so far.... a regular client called me in to look at a this vehicle as a non starter. I found no codes stored, fuel pump running, pressure good. Fuel injectors are being driven but there was no coil drive. Continuity checks out ok and a new coil pack was fitted so I diagnosed ECU failure and a virgin ECU was purchased.

I then attempted to install new ECU. Ran PP2000 and selected option to replace ECU, pin was accepted and all seamed well until PP asked if I wanted to match with BSI to which I replied "yes" and then a failure message due to comm error between BSI and ECU.

Where am I going wrong? Could some kind fellow please advise on correct procedure?

Detail...
Peugeot 206 2004
VIN VF32CHFXF43785306
PIN DN3H
ECU IAW 48P2.76
PP2000 22.14
LEXIA 3 9780.Z5 (Clone,see pic)

I do hope someone can help, I'm in the brown smelly stuff with this.

nutloose
30th January, 2010, 06:55 PM
was it NEW?
or just virginised?

if you do a global scan can you see the engine ecu?
yes=matched
no=unmatched
what is the status of the ecu in the bsi?
locked?

there is an option to pair the bsi and ecu with factory assistance(they wont)
it just shows what a b*st*rd it can be
most dealers advise replacing bsi as well because they re-pair badly

bawbag_
30th January, 2010, 07:12 PM
ECU was supplied by BBA Reman as a virgin, global scan shows ECU with a configuration dtc and an injector dtc that I generated. Both codes fail to delete. Not sure about ECU status in BSi and I wont be able to check until monday when I'm back on-site.

nutloose
30th January, 2010, 07:25 PM
I fitted a NEW bsi to a 206 that configured correctly and took the keys but would not pair with the existing ecu and would not give ecu access from planet.

I fitted a NEW ecu to a partner van and it went in and paired to the existing bsi with no probs

the ecu MUST have its data values changed by the pairing process.
voltages correct?
I'm not sure if the clone is an issue

Ashraf6119
30th January, 2010, 10:02 PM
Hi

If its a Virgin ECU from BBA than i think you just need to Reprogram all the Keys and remote first.

Than ECU Reconfiguration, Than clear all fault codes and Car should start.

You Dont need to tell BSI for Matching.

Hope This Helps

Good Luck

Ash

BimmerGT1
2nd February, 2010, 05:05 AM
By running a quick test can you see ABS if the car is equiped, if not check the lines on ABS, CAN lines since this will go back to BSI and ECU,

bawbag_
2nd February, 2010, 04:06 PM
Thank you, nutloose (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/98228-nutloose/), Ashraf6119 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/93645-ashraf6119/)and (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/93645-ashraf6119/) (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/93645-ashraf6119/)BimmerGT1 for your input. I've not been at work the last two days but tomorrow I will do as you have advised and report back.
(http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/93645-ashraf6119/)

bawbag_
3rd February, 2010, 09:38 PM
Hi guys,
I was back at my patient today and I started by going into bsi and matched the key with no errors. I then checked fault codes in virgin ecu. I have the injector code which I generated and a configuration fault code. I then went into engine and selected the configuration option and pp informed me that I had a virgin ecu. I then carried out the configuration and all seemed well. When I now look at fault codes in ecu the configuration code has gone but the injector code remains and will not delete. I still have no spark but didn't check injector pulse :stupido2:What now? I'm stuck and my client isn't happy.

nutloose
4th February, 2010, 12:30 AM
go into the bsi/parameter measurement/immobiliser
see what the status of the engine ecu is
if its locked it won't start

bawbag_
6th February, 2010, 04:51 PM
I have been back to the 206 and when I go into BSi and look at immob it shows that there are no keys programmed and ECU is locked! I go through learning procedure, i:e key out, wait, key in, wait and then PP asks for pin again then key in & out then it asks for pin again and after 3rd time I get the 15 min wait and this goes on and on in a loop! Is this a key problem or BSi fault?
New ECU now behaves exactly like old one, that is, pump runs, injectors are driven but no spark.
What sort of system is this that continues to inject fuel when in a locked state. It'll end up with a destroyed cat if I'm not careful, methinks I should disable pump for now, eh?

Ashraf6119
6th February, 2010, 05:24 PM
Hi

I thing you have the same fualt here as your 307

Look at Transponder maker its NO again

the_big_d
6th February, 2010, 05:28 PM
If the ECU is locked it should definitely stop injector switching like you say although the fuel pump will still run. Im guessing you've checked the wiring from the coil back to the ECU + the coil supply ??

bawbag_
6th February, 2010, 05:28 PM
Sorry, I saw a similar problem and thought I'd chip in. I'm stuck big time and it's costing me. Sorry for any confusion caused, I'll stick to this topic and just observe the other.

bawbag_
6th February, 2010, 05:31 PM
If the ECU is locked it should definitely stop injector switching like you say although the fuel pump will still run. Im guessing you've checked the wiring from the coil back to the ECU + the coil supply ??

Coil to ECU wiring has been checked and double checked. I was beginning to suspect something wrong with the new coil pack supplied by the garage that called me in on this.

bawbag_
6th February, 2010, 05:34 PM
Hi

I thing you have the same fualt here as your 307

Look at Transponder maker its NO again

Was the 307 fault down to the ABS? If so, this car is without abs. Resistance test across can lines is good.

Meat-Head
6th February, 2010, 05:37 PM
firstly BBA are a bunch of chunts, Meat-Head Motors (and everybody else that has delt with them) has sent bits and bobs back and forth to them

Leave the battery disconnected for one hour before you start work again.

When you turn the igntion off with le clef (key) in the hole with 'le port overt' (door open) do you get that annoying, but useful 'he-har he-har' noise?

Secondly you only get 3 goes at key programming before the bsi turns BACK into a pumplin and 3 blind mice. (leave battery off 1 hour, hope for best)

bawbag_
6th February, 2010, 05:44 PM
No irritating noise, except for me laughing my head off. Battery has been left off for lengthy periods.

obdmaster
6th February, 2010, 07:58 PM
Hi guys,
I was back at my patient today and I started by going into bsi and matched the key with no errors. I then checked fault codes in virgin ecu. I have the injector code which I generated and a configuration fault code. I then went into engine and selected the configuration option and pp informed me that I had a virgin ecu. I then carried out the configuration and all seemed well. When I now look at fault codes in ecu the configuration code has gone but the injector code remains and will not delete. I still have no spark but didn't check injector pulse :stupido2:What now? I'm stuck and my client isn't happy.

the reason why injector code you generated is still present because on some peugeots when vehicle is im*obilised, it wont let you clear codes m8.

And as for your keys not being recognised by bsi, i would try new chips as i know peugeot chips can only be programmed once. then they are useless.

You havent said engine size or code my m8, bawbag so i can have a look on a drawing for you, about the no spark situation. If its immobilised though m8, id expect it to kill injector pulse not spark.

Ashraf6119
6th February, 2010, 08:48 PM
And as for your keys not being recognised by bsi, i would try new chips as i know peugeot chips can only be programmed once. then they are useless.

Hi

As far as i know if the Transponder Chip is reprogrammed again on same car it should program fine.

But, if its been programmed on a Different car than it could be a pig to program.

But, in bawbag's case it looks like he may have used a wrong Transponder Chip or, the reader coil is not sending signals to BSI.

Hope This Helps

Ash

obdmaster
6th February, 2010, 08:57 PM
Hi

As far as i know if the Transponder Chip is reprogrammed again on same car it should program fine.

But, if its been programmed on a Different car than it could be a pig to program.

But, in bawbag's case it looks like he may have used a wrong Transponder Chip or, the reader coil is not sending signals to BSI.

Hope This Helps

Ash

That sounds right m8, bar the part saying " if its off different car its a pig to reprogram" its impossible m8.

Glad we are starting to agree Ash.:)

Ashraf6119
6th February, 2010, 09:30 PM
Hi

He needs to read fault code from BSI and Airbag Module as well to see if there are any fault codes related to Com 2000 as i think the reader coil wire is conected to it.

If its faulty than it could the reason the Transponder Chip signals are not reaching to BSI.

Ash

bawbag_
7th February, 2010, 04:45 PM
the reason why injector code you generated is still present because on some peugeots when vehicle is im*obilised, it wont let you clear codes m8.

You havent said engine size or code my m8, bawbag so i can have a look on a drawing for you, about the no spark situation. If its im*obilised though m8, id expect it to kill injector pulse not spark.

engine code is HFX 1.1 with Marelli ECU.

bawbag_
7th February, 2010, 04:47 PM
Hi

Hope This Helps

Ash

This is the key that was with the car when I was called out to it.

obdmaster
7th February, 2010, 04:53 PM
Have you checked there is a feed on pin 4 of coil pack when cranking m8? It comes straight from engine bay multifunction control unit . I would also get brand new chip for key and see if that programs into bsi m8.

bawbag_
7th February, 2010, 04:56 PM
Have you checked there is a feed on pin 4 of coil pack when cranking m8? It comes straight from engine bay multifunction control unit . I would also get brand new chip for key and see if that programs into bsi m8.

Yes, feed present when cranking. Spare key should be available tomorrow.

bawbag_
10th February, 2010, 10:47 PM
Drama is over! new com 2000 fitted, two keys matched, DTCs erased and engine started. :party:
Thank to all of you who provided input but special thanks to Ashraf6119 who took time to talk to me on the phone and draw my attention to the com 2000.
I've learned a lot about Peugeot and planet over the last two weeks and, without doubt, DK is the mutts nutts. Thanks to you all.

Ashraf6119
10th February, 2010, 10:56 PM
Hi bawbag

I am glad you have sorted at last. :congrats:

Ash

bawbag_
10th February, 2010, 11:00 PM
Yes, what a relief. On to the next headache.

sogaro
13th February, 2010, 05:45 AM
How can i make a peugeot ECU virgin? Anyone have Virgin dumps of Peugeot?

Ashraf6119
13th February, 2010, 12:44 PM
Hi Sogaro,

I think it would be better if you start your own post as by posting it in here you will confuse other members.

Also this post is already been sorted out and the car is fixed now so, no point mixing your post here.

New post with your own title would give better idea.

Also dont forget the more info you give about your car the more easy you make for members to reply to your post.

Like starting a title by puting Make, Model, Engine CC, Type of Fuel, and Year. than bit of your quistion.

Ex: Peugeot 206 1.1cc Petrol 2004 ECU Problem.

Than Bla Bla Bla :viking:

I am sure i have not upset you if i have than i am sorry mate.

Good Luck

Ash

sogaro
13th February, 2010, 07:18 PM
UPSET ME? definitely not. I appreciate you more for helping me get the best of me. I will do as suggested for the common good of all, thanks.

PS. how can i delete this then?

Ashraf6119
13th February, 2010, 07:36 PM
Hi sogaro

No need to delete you can start with new post i am sure there be many members to help you out.

All the best

Ash

thomasnb
13th November, 2010, 01:55 AM
it's late but can help other's.
you have to see DAM number. if this number is between 9000 and 9550 you have to connect another com2000 with soft up to 5.40 and after program keys. after you can connect the original com2000 and no problem. You have a problem with key programming only.