PDA

View Full Version : EDC17CP02 Mappack?

CptnKvin
6th May, 2021, 04:17 AM
Hello to everyone, I'm interested in learning and understanding more about remapping with WinOLS, but I didn't find any reliable source for a mappack. Does anyone know where to get it for the EDC17CP02?

Further.. are there any differences between ECU software version / car type or does a mappack only relate to ECU type?
I'm driving a E61 520d, thanks in advance.

CptnKvin
13th May, 2021, 09:00 PM
Many thanks to Toblast sharing his EDC17CP02 Mappack with files for E82 123D: https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/775052-BMW-123d-Remap-Mappack
Also many thanks to everyone sharing free files!

It seems like there are some differences in map positions for different software versions at this ECU. I guess there are even differences in files between different reading tools. I found an ori file for E61 520D which I'll be using to learn until I can read the original file from my car. When I load the mentioned mappack on this file with the right offset between, for example, drivers wish map, I still get some shifted positions at other maps. But I recently learned a lot about finding the maps from raw bin file, so that's not a big problem at all.

It's very helpful to have the right offset values and factors to define a map, which seem to be related to ECU type. For example: EDC15 uses a simple factor of 0.1 or 0.01 for accelerator pedal values, while EDC17 uses 0.012207. It's easy to find maps which use the accelerator pedal position on an axis just searching the specific value of 5734 in hexdumb (which is 80%).

I'll try to share my developing experience and open another thread about remapping my car's ECU. and hope to get some feedback there!