PDA

View Full Version : Maf values

dannyanto9292
6th May, 2021, 08:08 PM
Hi, I have a mk5 golf 1.9 tdi, with an asz engine out of a ford galaxy, it has a shitty idle wobbling and jerking about, everything has been mapped in correctly soi, doi, fuel volume correction etc so I'm not thinking that the map itself is the problem, torsion value is between +0.5-+1, and injector corrections are well within correct parameters, but what I did notice using live data in vcds is that the maf at idle is only 350mg/s even though egr is completely removed from that car which is theoretically impossible as the the cylinders are 475cc which should equate to around 475 mg/s, I was running on a maf based smoke limiter using the software switches, after noticing the low maf values I have deleted the maf completly and switched to map based smoke limiter which has improved the idle a bit but it is still wobbly, I have noticed a rather loud hissing noise when on boost but assumed this was normal turbo noise, but I've been thinking, if I have a boost leak when on idle and creating no boost, will this show as a low maf reading due to air being sucked through where the boost is leaking?