PDA

View Full Version : Can I flash E2 image via usb upgrade.

freck
31st January, 2010, 07:35 PM
I've got NLB11577 on my 9000hd at the moment and running incubusCamd but getting freezing on channels and its doing my head in.
I want a stable E2 image..if any, to flash as the main image and not as multiboot via usb.Can I flash the E2 image via usb eventho its a taz.gz file?If I factory reset the receiver and have the E2 in flash and add my cams and bouqets etc will I get a more stable reception.I've got Enigma2_PKT image here ready to go.
I'm thinking that a serial flash using pc editor might be the better option but not sure.
Does that PKT image give me access to the panel for cams and plugins or are they manually installed?
Also will the E2 image support incubusCamd and have correct drivers for HD channels or is there a more recent E2 image that I can try.
A lot of questions ther I know but just want freeze free viewing.
Any help appreciated.
Freck

despdan
31st January, 2010, 10:33 PM
I want a stable E2 image..if any, to flash as the main image and not as multiboot via usb.Can I flash the E2 image via usb eventho its a taz.gz file?
You need a E2 flash image not the usb tar.gz, but if your using the terrestrial tuner as well don't flash a E2 image into flash or you won't get terrestrial tv.

I would use the usb multiboot option if I were you. I've posted a how to here

I will leave the other questions as not happy using E2 image untill they get both tuners working.

freck
1st February, 2010, 01:58 PM
I'm just using the one tuner at the moment despan,the sat one.
Had a few probs over the weekend with the multiboot,after going thu all the steps and formatted my usb into 2 ext2 partitions I couldnt see it in my ftp program to put in the E2 image.
Tried different usb stick and the same result,so while i was getting an eardull from kids and herself I threw my hat at it and reverted to NLB11577 image but still intermittant freezing.
I'll do some reading up and see how i go,got a little program from jamie warez to play around with...might make things easier.
Thanks,
Freck

freck
1st February, 2010, 04:07 PM
I've searched tru Denktenk for an E2 .img but can only find usb versions for multiboot.
Any other place for these images?
Freck

despdan
1st February, 2010, 07:02 PM
I've searched tru Denktenk for an E2 .img but can only find usb versions for multiboot.
Any other place for these images?
Freck
You didn't look vary hard :) the first one in the enigma images for cuberevo is Sifteam E2 Extreme Edition 0.75 Rc1

Jahu
1st February, 2010, 07:29 PM
SIF rc1 is stable, here and there some audio drops, but otherwise the best E2 i've had so far.

freck
6th February, 2010, 12:51 AM
nice GUI on that Sifteam image alright but my IncubusCamd is playing havoc with it,freezing,severe breakup,no sound and showing 2 channels at once with some awful interference,I really need to try CCcam with this to see how it goes.
Freck

aftermath
6th February, 2010, 09:26 AM
nice GUI on that Sifteam image alright but my IncubusCamd is playing havoc with it,freezing,severe breakup,no sound and showing 2 channels at once with some awful interference,I really need to try CCcam with this to see how it goes.
Freck

use mgcamd 1.35, its much more stable tthan incubuscamd

freck
6th February, 2010, 05:34 PM
Do i have to create an mgcam.conf file and a .prio file aswell when I get the cam installed,had to do this for incubusCamd to work?
If yes will I just change everything named incubusCamd to mgcam in the txt file and then ftp over?....just a thought.
Freck

aftermath
6th February, 2010, 07:37 PM
Do i have to create an mgcam.conf file and a .prio file aswell when I get the cam installed,had to do this for incubusCamd to work?
If yes will I just change everything named incubusCamd to mgcam in the txt file and then ftp over?....just a thought.
Freck

what image are you using ?

on sif extreme . var/etc/emud

you will find the emus and configs

look for cccam.list and mg_cfg they need edited

mg_cfg should read box type 11 for E2 , or 12 for DGS

cccam.list will need your line in like incubus line , but more like original line

freck
8th February, 2010, 02:55 PM
Can you give me an example of what the mg_cfg should read/look like when opened Aftermath please.
On my mg_cfg box type number 11 was stapi/openboxb,do I change that to read ipbox???
Freck

freck
8th February, 2010, 09:59 PM
OK All sorted out,mg_cfg settings G:32 and B:11
cccam.list,straight ftp of line with no mod or edit.
Uninstalled incubusCamd restarted cam,switched back on dhcp setting...very important as i had overlooked it...doh and sorted.
MGcamd is defo more stable than incubus on the sifteam extreme image,no stalling/jumping on HD channels or any channel for that matter and will monitor it over the next day or two.
So anyone thats looking for a good combination of cam and image its MGcamd with SifTeam extreme 0.75 for stable viewing because I got a few requests from members as to what I found most reliable and thats t.
Freck

Hensie
13th February, 2010, 08:30 PM
hi, Anyone help me to setup the box cuberevo 3000HD to wotk for CCcam what Image need to flssh and ccam software

Thanks