PDA

View Full Version : Question about chiptune files from AliExpress/China

RobinTheHood
21st May, 2021, 03:32 PM
Hey I have a serious question about the chip tune files being sold at AliExpress. A seller sold me a load of files with original and stage 1/2 files to tune with KessV2, but now I was wondering if these files are safe and if anyone used them or not? What's the worst thing that can happen if anyone can deliver me some info it'll be very much appreciated.

Thanks and have a blessed day :)

familiozo
21st May, 2021, 04:07 PM
This files are safe but with missing maps need to look before use on cars they are not good.

RobinTheHood
21st May, 2021, 06:04 PM
Hi, thanks for fast reply, how do i know if a map is missing or not?

chrisimerk
21st May, 2021, 06:37 PM
Hi, thanks for fast reply, how do i know if a map is missing or not?

By knowing what to look for and how to tune in the first place lol that would help there's no magic software that can check for you.

RobinTheHood
22nd May, 2021, 12:16 PM
Ah, well that's true, I'm more of just reading ecu's and writing, don't know much about tuning ''yet'' obviously I want to learn it in the future but was wondering if u can maybe take a look at these 2 files attached and see if it's tuned already. If correctly it should be +20 hp and +60 nm or something along those lines, I hope you can check for me if anything is wrong before I write it to my ECU. Thank you and have a wonderful day :)

morgano
24th May, 2021, 01:16 PM
Mate if you can't check the files yourself if they are good enough or not to be flashed to Engine controler i'd better advice you to move to other business.

Safer for your pocket not flash unknown source files to a third person car if you don't want to break his car and get sued and pay for new car.

Invest your efforts in learning before you think about writting anything on another one's car, play with yours.

Regards,

RobinTheHood
24th May, 2021, 01:32 PM
My friend, your answer was not very polite to a friendly unknown guy on the internet, but basically it's my own car. I usually send my files to a person who remaps them and I get paid more than normally. I just wanted anyone with a bit of free time to check if the files were good tuned or not... I understand that I might not be the smartest in this category but yet wanted to see if the dump files were good or not for my ''own'' vehicle. Have a wonderful day my friendly friend.