PDA

View Full Version : Jetta MK5 SKC Retrieval - Advice

Skezza
24th May, 2021, 08:32 AM
Morning everyone,

I swear I'm a glutton for punishment. Once again I've bought a car, with just one key :( Not sure why I keep putting myself through the pain?

Anyway, it's a MK5 Jetta, 2007, Half MFA instrument cluster, 1.9 TDI engine. Now as per typical forum rules, I've spent the whole weekend Googling before posting this thread and even purchased a cable that claimed to be able to pull it, but had no luck so far.

The cable I got was a VAG Commander 3.6 CAN+K Cable. I've had luck with the K-line before on an Audi B6, but on this cluster, I follow the instructions but it simply doesn't pull the PIN. From what I gather on the web, the cluster is encrypted. Apparently, you can pull the PIN from the ECU but I've not found a set of instructions that can help with this so far. If anyone has them, please let me know.

I just wanted to work out my options before deciding the best route of action:

1. I expect the chip is an ID48, can I clone it?

2. I expect the ECU is an EDC16, I could take a dump from the ROM (if decrypted)?

3. I could take it an auto locksmith with Abrites and see if they can pull the SKC and create me a new key?

Any other suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Skezza
24th May, 2021, 09:11 PM
Bump.

Any tips here? I phoned a few locksmiths and their offer was a clone (80 pound'ish). I could just buy an Xhorse for that though?