PDA

View Full Version : Help with e39 525d

Charli
27th May, 2021, 11:46 PM
Hello Folks,

I have a problem with a car a 2001 e39 525d with the m57 engine that i bought for a project, now the funny thing is when i bought the car, the car had problems with the ECU(bricked many fault codes, no response on the gaspedal and smokes ect...) the car rested for 2 years in a garage, i put a 2 hand ecu in with the original eeprom and also the flash chip, and the car responded back on the gaspedal,no more fault codes ect, but i never asked myself the question how the ecu did bricked in the first place...so i have changed many mechanic parts to rebuild back this car in his original state, now the car smokes white fumes from unburned diesel( you feel it in your eyes)like before i rebuilded the engine, so i want to ask if its possible that maybe they did map the ecu before(maybe thats the reason that the ecu bricked in the first place i don't know) now about the situation on the car is, it starts just fine but when the car warms about 70°c it begins to smoke white unburned diesel, when you rev up the car about 2000rpm you feel the engine shakes a little bit, the smokes comes and go, when you give throttle white unburned fuel fumes comes out the tailpipe, the injectors are replaced( 6x reconditioned)when i rebuilded the engine,(the same symptoms like a faulty injector)i did a back leak test everything is in spec,also read it with INPA no faultcodes, the strange thing is also when i rev the car up on staionary the required demand for MAF and Turbo pressure does not go's up equal with the revs that i have(only the actual MAF and Turbo Pressure) that means that the sensors are giving back the info to the ECU but the ecu is not calculating...,is it possible that the previous owner mapped the car with the map off a 530d or someone messed with the map that i have does it makes sense, its like the injectors are fuelling to late or too much, and this because that the problem accures when the engines begins to warm up, everything is changed on the engine mechanical when it was required( rebuild original)...if some one can help me and see if its original 525d or messed up in attach the map file that i have pulled from the ECU

erkor
28th May, 2021, 06:07 AM
Hi.
if you don't know if the file is orginal, you can update ecu with WINKFP and sp-daten for e39.

bobolin4o
28th May, 2021, 06:37 AM
This file is complete original for E39 525.
The ECU was flashed 2 times, 1 time in factory and 1 time with ISTA P.
I think is now with the latest SW for this engine, which means, that is for never version of the MAF sensor. Look the BOSCH part number of the MAF and if is 0 928 400 314 - change the MAF with new, 0 928 400 527.
Regards!

Charli
28th May, 2021, 08:54 AM
This file is complete original for E39 525.
The ECU was flashed 2 times, 1 time in factory and 1 time with ISTA P.
I think is now with the latest SW for this engine, which means, that is for never version of the MAF sensor. Look the BOSCH part number of the MAF and if is 0 928 400 314 - change the MAF with new, 0 928 400 527.
Regards!The maf sensor is with 527 on the end...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J415FN met Tapatalk

bobolin4o
28th May, 2021, 09:22 AM
So, you have original file for 525 and proper MAF.
Look for something else!

Charli
28th May, 2021, 09:38 AM
So, you have original file for 525 and proper MAF.
Look for something else!But what i have read about the 0 928 400 527 it needs a programming...? Is that true or do you have any idea, i tought it was only plug and play...?

bobolin4o
28th May, 2021, 10:05 AM
As i said - the software version in the ECU is the right one to this MAF.
Read again...
Regards!

Charli
28th May, 2021, 10:15 AM
As i said - the software version in the ECU is the right one to this MAF.
Read again...
Regards!Yes i read what you said, but what i am asking is even if the software and the maf are the right one, does the maf needs a calibration apart for fine tuning...

bobolin4o
29th May, 2021, 07:34 AM
Nope, no need.
Your first question was about, if software is the right one for your engine, because of bad work, with unburned fuel.
So, the answer is, that there is nothing wrong with it - it is complete original and is for this engine.
Look for some other troubles/mistakes with this engine, means - mechanical, injectors, etc...

erkor
29th May, 2021, 10:16 AM
Are the injectors coded correctly in the new ECU?

Charli
29th May, 2021, 06:07 PM
Are the injectors coded correctly in the new ECU?Doesn't need coding for so far i know, only reset back the adjustments