PDA

View Full Version : re convertxtodvd

chriss
1st February, 2010, 01:06 PM
hi can anybody help ive installed many different versions i can convert ok but when it trie to burn tit just freeze the computer up any ideas thanks?

Dreamer
1st February, 2010, 03:35 PM
Chris can you give a bit more information please. I do not understand what you are trying to do/convert

chriss
1st February, 2010, 08:32 PM
hi the program will convert ok but when it goes to burn i put disc in drive and closes it freezes when it goes to burn and all computer freezes aswell any ideas?

mtv1
1st February, 2010, 08:34 PM
put the disc in before you convert also are you using + or- dvr + is better

chriss
1st February, 2010, 08:50 PM
hi mate tried that it converts ok but will not burn dvd-

chriss
1st February, 2010, 08:55 PM
hi how do you check to make sure nothing is running in the background?

starling
2nd February, 2010, 02:14 PM
daft question m8 do u have a dvd writer

chriss
2nd February, 2010, 04:07 PM
yes mate i have a writer can burn discs with nero so iknow that its not the writer i have used this software before so updated to newer version and this happens cant understand why?

Manic01
2nd February, 2010, 04:15 PM
reinstall it mate.

dik
2nd February, 2010, 04:28 PM
once you have the converted files, burn with imgburn The Official ImgBurn Website (http://www.imgburn.com/)

caveman_nige
2nd February, 2010, 04:43 PM
chriss, convertxtodvd is great product just reload it and have another go.. they have a helpsite if you are still having probs

http://forums.vso-software.fr/

chriss
2nd February, 2010, 06:13 PM
hi would memory cause this problem?

caveman_nige
2nd February, 2010, 06:29 PM
I would expect memory to cause you a problem during the conversion but not the burning.. how much have you got?

chriss
2nd February, 2010, 11:09 PM
i gig mate i think

rds60h
5th February, 2010, 08:59 PM
Why not convert letting it load to a file then close when converted, this file can then be burnt on nero. Thats what I usually do and I never have any problems.

chriss
6th February, 2010, 11:17 AM
that is what i have done and its ok now thanks

rds60h
6th February, 2010, 12:04 PM
No problem,glad I could help.

Donka
19th April, 2010, 12:04 AM
Why not convert letting it load to a file then close when converted, this file can then be burnt on nero. Thats what I usually do and I never have any problems.
Hi done that but won't play on dvd player only play on pc. Would love to get to the bottom of why my covertxtodvd has stopped working, it used to work fine until now. After converting it just freezers whole pc when burning even when i try to burn already converted program, any help please.

Manic01
19th April, 2010, 12:10 AM
Try deleting and reinstalling.

Donka
19th April, 2010, 12:14 AM
Try deleting and reinstalling.
Thanks for your reply,tried installing upated version and same probs. It may have been same version but i installed again anyway to only find it was doing the same.

greengirl
1st June, 2010, 08:27 AM
hi i had same problem with Convert X so im now trying image burn - have seen good reviews/recommendations on other sites. If I can burn a dvd with it, then it cant be that hard to use! Will let you know how it goes

blimey, its only taken 5 minutes to do the whole film! I found it quite easy - just select the folder and click on the file i wanted - it did the rest. beats waiting a hour for convert x

cunny
1st June, 2010, 09:10 AM
hi i had same problem with Convert X so im now trying image burn - have seen good reviews/recommendations on other sites. If I can burn a dvd with it, then it cant be that hard to use! Will let you know how it goes

blimey, its only taken 5 minutes to do the whole film! I found it quite easy - just select the folder and click on the file i wanted - it did the rest. beats waiting a hour for convert x

These are 2 differant programs. Convert x is a converting software that will convert .avi (mpeg 4) to dvd video (mpeg 2). Yes it does have its own burning facility but it uses the nero engine.

Imgburn is a piece of software that burns dvds, compatable with most files, .iso .img. dvd files ect. I actually use both but mainly imgburn.

If your having issues with convertx, things to try are new codec instalation, if its converting but not burning, instal nero. You could set it to create an img file somewhere on the pc and use imgburn to burn that.

Another thing to try could be the update burners firmware.

barrowmanandrew
3rd June, 2010, 12:17 PM

no way it's burned a dvd in 5 mins, does it work in dvd player? convert to dvd is simply the best software for burning and converting dvd's (in my opinion). there are lots of pirated versions of dvdx out there, some of them work, alot dont, just keep trying until u find a working version......