PDA

View Full Version : Micra 04 engine check light

justy22
1st February, 2010, 02:03 PM
How can i wire up the engine check light to go out when the engine starts, can i connect to oil light or charge light

on a Micra 04 model

florinyes
1st February, 2010, 02:19 PM
Why not fix the problem ????

Ta

justy22
1st February, 2010, 02:21 PM
stretched timing chain throwing up light via can and crank sensor out of sync, needs 1k of work cant afford it somebody sold me it like this so i'm gonna offload it to somebody else

busaman
1st February, 2010, 06:08 PM
ive done the chain kit on one of those not easy they had also tries to put the mil out with the alternator and caused problems if you have to rig it maybe oil pressure switch.

justy22
1st February, 2010, 07:12 PM
ive done the chain kit on one of those not easy they had also tries to put the mil out with the alternator and caused problems if you have to rig it maybe oil pressure switch.

Do you have to take the engine out, whats hard about the chain replacement maybe have a bash myself

Meat-Head
1st February, 2010, 08:22 PM
the word on the street is the chain will snap and destroy the engine, not able to 100% confirm this rumor.

Besides if you change the chain it will 'bog down' now has varable valve timing, Mini's would do that, go like a rocket when chain worn!

obdmaster
1st February, 2010, 09:21 PM
Is this the same 04 micra that you mileage corrected? Remind me to never buy a car off you!!!!:cheer:

:laugh:lol

busaman
1st February, 2010, 09:55 PM
Do you have to take the engine out, whats hard about the chain replacement maybe have a bash myself

you can do it with the engine in place, you can buy the kits on ebay a lot cheaper than nissan there are no gaskets just glue. the sump is an arse to get off be careful with it.

cjawahir
1st February, 2010, 10:45 PM
How can i wire up the engine check light to go out when the engine starts, can i connect to oil light or charge light

on a Micra 04 model

we all need money but this is not the way , scan the car and let us know the code , maybe we can help you do the right thing .

cj

wizz2c
1st February, 2010, 11:14 PM
sorry to hear about your misfortune but i feel it to be wrong you want to cheat someone in to thinking their buying a good motor, micra's are usually the choice for young families and older people please consider your choices.

and eye for a eye and the the whole world goes blind

justy22
2nd February, 2010, 11:31 AM
sorry to hear about your misfortune but i feel it to be wrong you want to cheat someone in to thinking their buying a good motor, micra's are usually the choice for young families and older people please consider your choices.

and eye for a eye and the the whole world goes blind

Hi, Yes it was the choice for my young family, i'll maybe try and fix

busaman
2nd February, 2010, 03:23 PM
Hi, Yes it was the choice for my young family, i'll maybe try and fix

it can be done in a day the only thing i found wrong out of all the parts i changed on the one i did was the chain had streched.

florinyes
2nd February, 2010, 03:56 PM
Had one with broken chain...common on this..

justy22
2nd February, 2010, 05:32 PM
it can be done in a day the only thing i found wrong out of all the parts i changed on the one i did was the chain had streched.

Can it be done in a day without taking engine out

busaman
2nd February, 2010, 08:08 PM
Can it be done in a day without taking engine out

yes it can easily 6 hours.

justy22
2nd February, 2010, 10:52 PM

Can get the chain only for ?90 from ebay maybe do this myself, whats the hardest part, do i need any special tools

jovmiks
3rd February, 2010, 09:16 AM
check engine