PDA

View Full Version : Viano 639 strange problem

tomic19
1st June, 2021, 07:27 AM
Hello,
I have one problem with Mercedes Viano 639. ECU is EDC16CP31, BOSCH number; 0281015060.

Problem is;
- Customer lost his power, and van goes in SAFE mod.
- After that customer goes to mercedes dealer, they have programed ECU with new software and VAN was OK.
- Day after customer has come to me for DPF and EGR off (becouse someone befoure has done the same). I read his ECU, remove in SW DPF and EGR and program that.
- After 32 days, VAN loses power and goes in SAFE mode again. He came to me and I saw that flash is different then first time he came to me. Then I programed again dump with DPF and EGR off, VAN was again OK, but after 31 days again loses power and goes in SAFE mode.
- We suspected on bricked ECU, buy used one, program it with ORI dumps and VAN was again OK for 29 days, after that again loses power and goes in SAFE mode.
- Everytime it has diference in FLASH.

What to do next, what can be problem?

Regards

keturi
1st June, 2021, 08:23 AM
What the fault codes you read after the car goes to the limp mode?
Usually that cars(W639, W906) problem is boost leaking and if leak is very small, Xentry shows that if problem still persist, the engine will be moved to the limp mode after 30 driving cycles(very match with your situation) .
Don't play with flash, make sure EGR is 100% closed and disconnected, because sometimes boost is leaking via egr to the exhaust, then connect smoke machine and check where is leaking.

tomic19
1st June, 2021, 10:04 AM
That is problem, there is no fault codes when car goes to safe mode. I read with STAR diagnostic and everything is clear...
I am not mechanick but I will send customer to see if EGR 100% closed all the time. I know it is disconnected ....

And problem is always on the highway with fully loaded VAN with people or staff...