PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes vito w639 204hp V6

Neorej
15th June, 2021, 06:02 PM
Hi guy's

Bought this van, previous owner say's it's tuned.
Can anybody tell me if that is correct and if the DPF is off?
I think it's blocked, but no fault codes..
DPF is still under the car and not empty.
Thanks for the help, or if anyone has a damos or original file for me :D
Drives really bad and turbo makes stututu noises

CobraRemap
15th June, 2021, 08:29 PM
Hello friend , the DPF and the EGR in the file are working.
The car maybe due to only city use , is making the dpf regenerations not happen.
My recomendation is clear all dtc codes with a scanner tool , but before that you need to fill you gas tank half full of fuel ( quality fuel) , and put in fuel tank this aditive : STP DPF CLEANER ( the whole botle).
Ride it at 2600 rpm to 2800 rpm ( speed above 80 km/h ) for 1 h 30 min ( dont stop the engine).
After that let the car cool down for a few hours.
In the following days check if the dtc error comes back ( DPF CLOGED \ DPF HASH ACUMULATION).

If the error does not come back , the problem is fixed.

And to prevent further problems , once a week , drive it for 10 min at 2700 rpm ( speed above 80 km/h).

And once every 2000 km , use the additive again.

I hope i helped you .

Press Thanks and Reputation.

Best Regards.

Neorej
15th June, 2021, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the reply cobra remap.

Just took off the DPF, they didn't empty it but drill small hole in it.
There are no DTC's, so it must be deleted in software. maybe only the DTC's?
Can't get the car into regenaration with diagnostic tool..
Without the DPF it's going like a rocket and the strange noises are gone, i think it has a stage 2 remap but hey didn't do the hardware right.
Still no DTC without the DPF under the car.. I'm going to empty it completely and drive like that for a while.
I'll search a damos and spend some time on the file or start from original to make own tuning file

CobraRemap
15th June, 2021, 09:11 PM
Keep in mind that when you or others modify the ecu data . You need to know for example : How much bars of boost can the turbo take . For ex : If the turbo can take for max boost 1,5 bar , you should only use 1.40 to 1.45 bar boost to keep turbo longevity in check.
Also find out how much your cluch max Nm value is .
Never put maximum strain on componentes because they will wear down faster , later fail or break.
Always keep an eye for the safety margins that the OEM Buiders made for the cars to last.

Having said that , i wish you happy tuning , and if you need help , fell free to ask.

Best Regards friend.