PDA

View Full Version : Audi tt Magneti Marelli Mileage

fufuj69
3rd February, 2010, 11:33 AM
Hello i have changed my tt mk1 cluster (magneti marelli M73) and i cannot change the mileage to the correct value.

I have test with vag tacho:
I can read my pin and the odometer value, when i change the odometer value everythings is ok it said disconect the battery but when i reconnect the battery the odometer value isn't change.

I have test with vag commander:
I can read the pin too but i cannot read the odometer value and i cannot change it. I have extract my dump 3times and it seems to be complete. Can anyone know what byte i must change in the dump to change the odometer value?
Thanks

Aniskey
3rd February, 2010, 11:36 AM
Post dump i will try to help you

drpeter
3rd February, 2010, 12:04 PM
Hello i have changed my tt mk1 cluster (magneti marelli M73) and i cannot change the mileage to the correct value.

I have test with vag tacho:
I can read my pin and the odometer value, when i change the odometer value everythings is ok it said disconect the battery but when i reconnect the battery the odometer value isn't change.

I have test with vag commander:
I can read the pin too but i cannot read the odometer value and i cannot change it. I have extract my dump 3times and it seems to be complete. Can anyone know what byte i must change in the dump to change the odometer value?
Thanks

It is possible that the data of the cluster is not 100% ok, then you must drive 100km before you can program it again (safety). I had that before, drove 100km and I could program the cluster again.

fufuj69
3rd February, 2010, 12:28 PM
Oki but i have drove more than 100km between my tests.

I will post you the dump later because i'm actually at work thanks

drpeter
3rd February, 2010, 01:10 PM
Oki but i have drove more than 100km between my tests.

I will post you the dump later because i'm actually at work thanks

It's a common problem, for security reasons this cluster can be locked,
the last thing you can do is remove the cluster and program (912 programmer) the 912 processor direct on the back of the cluster.
There is another (M73) problem, when you program the mileage on a wrong location the cluster will give you 9999999 on diplay
Be ware of that, best is to remove cluster read and save full dump. Then adjust mileage.

fufuj69
3rd February, 2010, 01:42 PM
What is the 912 processor? have you a picture of it?
How can i recode this processor? with my vagtcho cable or not? what i need?

I have already test to change the mileage with vag commander and i have 999999999 on display.

drpeter
3rd February, 2010, 03:01 PM
What is the 912 processor? have you a picture of it?
How can i recode this processor? with my vagtcho cable or not? what i need?

I have already test to change the mileage with vag commander and i have 999999999 on display.

First write original dump back because you have a CRC error.
Then buy a 912 programmer solder 4 wires on the back of the cluster, read/adjust/ write job done. Don't have picture here now, if you want it pm with you email.

houthakker
3rd June, 2010, 05:37 PM
Hi Drpeter, I have the same problem on My Magneti marelli dash. Added to that my speedometer won't work.
Just sent you a mail, hoping you can help me.

ikki2k11
3rd August, 2010, 11:16 PM
this is my problem too :(...

learing1
7th August, 2010, 02:56 AM
You are getting the complete memory dump of the 9S12.

EEPROM starts at $3800h or other
The cable is setting the dump to start at $0000h not setting the proper length.
So all memory locations in the MCU are being read.

Remote the DATA around the eeprom portion of the dump and MM 1.1 will edit it.