PDA

View Full Version : D-Link Router

jimlan
3rd February, 2010, 07:38 PM
Hi, I had my wireless router going ok, but now not working for some reason, it is a d-link 615, done a quick start with the disk, said installed ok, but has not, was wondering if anyone knows if the blue light at the side should be on?, as it is off.

thanks

Prikker
3rd February, 2010, 07:47 PM
Hey Jimlan, the blue light on the side is a reset button, try to press it for 3-5 seconds, if it dont help turn off power, hold reset button in and turn on power, after that let your pc make a repair for network, it makes it possible to find a new dns and a new connection, Excuse my spelling, i'am from Denmark

jimlan
3rd February, 2010, 08:25 PM
Hi Prikker, well tryed what you said, but no luck, think the router may be ok?, may be my laptop, might have done something, as I have just noticed that my Ipod pics up wi-fi from the router, any idea?.

thanks

jimlan
4th February, 2010, 09:59 AM
Hi, any idea what I do to check what wi-fi networks, my laptop picks up.

thanks

Prikker
6th February, 2010, 03:07 PM
Hey Jimlan, first is there an icon in right side in procesbar, if try to rightclick and repair, if it dos'nt help you can reset your router in a little pinhole on backside, 1,5 mm in diam. take a needle and hold it in for 3-5 seconds, your router is resetted and you may have that http\ for maintenance, from there yuo start all over, its more simple that it sounds, maybe look at a friend and print a sample from D-Link, there has been some trouble with that router at here in EUropa, prikker