PDA

View Full Version : channel five on"freesat" from sky

dick b
4th February, 2010, 01:33 PM
to those of you that are still receiving the message that you are about to lose channel five unless you ring sky and get a new free to view card.
you can put this channel in manually(even if there is no card in at all)
press services on the handset then (4) system setup,(4)add channels then enter frequency 10.773 pol H symbol rate 22.000 fec5/6 highlight five on the list that comes up and press the yellow button to enable.
to view five press services then (7) other channels highlight five then select.you will not be able to get this via the tv guide button.

sidley
4th February, 2010, 07:58 PM
does the same apply for fiver, fiver+1, five usa and five usa+1. If so what are the frequency's.
Thanks for the info you have already supplied

dick b
5th February, 2010, 02:15 PM
no you cant I"m afraid,the reason you can get five that way and any itv regions as well is because they are free to air fiver & five usa are not.

sidley
5th February, 2010, 04:56 PM
ok thanks for that. One other question, why can you not get channels like dave on sky for free, on freesat boxes and topset boxes dave is available, any ideas?

Manic01
5th February, 2010, 05:05 PM
freeview and freesat.

k8rew
12th May, 2010, 11:17 PM
Guys I think we need an update you cannot get CH5 via this route...
Has anyone got an update whereby we dont have to pay sly 20 quid for what others get for nothing with freeview...after all theres nothing in this channel apart gtom Europa League do you would think they would give you it anyway!!

dick b
13th May, 2010, 02:23 PM
Has anyone got an update whereby we dont have to pay sly 20 quid for what others get for nothing with freeview...after all theres nothing in this channel apart gtom Europa League do you would think they would give you it anyway!!
I"ve just checked mate and you can get channel five ok by the route I posted in post #1 of this thread.its a FTA channel and the add channels menu will get it.

djsshortt
5th June, 2010, 12:42 PM

Worked great for me!

nialler
5th June, 2010, 03:25 PM
yes i have fitted a number of dishes recently, and all freesat boxes have channel 5 working fine

robbo11
10th July, 2010, 08:39 PM
If you are using a standard sky box then it will work fine. If you have a sky plus or hd box for freesat then you can't, i think its due to the software as it worked in the past.

KEVINOOO
29th October, 2010, 09:14 PM
works great!! any other frequencies available?

kevinooo

lord yojimbo
31st October, 2010, 09:22 AM
cheers for frequency as well :)