PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Malibu Cluster VIN correction

Gmspeedorepair
10th August, 2021, 12:52 PM
Attached is the dump from the replacement cluster someone had installed from salvage yard. I think the last 4 of the vin maybe 1437 that is in this cluster. The full correct vin is 1G11B5SA7DF256908 and odometer should be programmed to 169112 km. If someone could help out that would be great. Thanks in advance.

PS

I don't have original cluster, was already discarded before car got to me.

clusters
10th August, 2021, 01:10 PM
Good luck with that. That is Global A structure, and you will never make a used cluster work in another car because of the security protocol.

That vehicle requires a NEW cluster from GM, or one of the very few services that can virginize a used one, like White Automotive & Media Services.

Omantik
12th August, 2021, 01:55 PM
if you have gm mdi and gds2 - read report from car. i can help you online.

boxsport
17th August, 2023, 02:23 AM
Good luck with that. That is Global A structure, and you will never make a used cluster work in another car because of the security protocol.

That vehicle requires a NEW cluster from GM, or one of the very few services that can virginize a used one, like White Automotive & Media Services.

I know this is old, but i just want to tell you that i had a similar situation now with a 2013 Malibu.
Customer replaced IPC Cluster, and throw out the original one.
Tried to do SPS programming and it would not accept.
So, after checking out i read IPC eeprom (24C16) and also read car BCM eeprom (24C16)
Manually edit VIN and Pin Code and KM show up right away...

So, at least for this car, i can confirm that Yes, its posible to edit VIN and PinCode manually in epprom and Km will show up.
Still need to see if there are any DTC´s, but at least Km is showing up in dash...

Cheers

Dashboard
17th August, 2023, 08:42 PM
Check this file and report. The mileage should take from BCM.

Juanuch5
13th March, 2024, 12:14 AM
YOU HAVE PIN OUT IM CURRENTLY IN THE SAME SITUATION BUT DONT HAVE NO PINOUT EITHER. THANS IN ADVANCE

boxsport
30th March, 2024, 11:07 PM
YOU HAVE PIN OUT IM CURRENTLY IN THE SAME SITUATION BUT DONT HAVE NO PINOUT EITHER. THANS IN ADVANCE

i read eeprom directly in programmer. open cluster and bcm and removed eeproms to read with orange5 programmer