PDA

View Full Version : help??? bluray help

CinderellasSidekick
5th February, 2010, 11:15 PM
just got myself a brand new home cinema system, 32" hd tv, plus home cinema system with hd upsaling feature, i also have my ps3 linked up to it,

i have been downloading basic avi files for years and burning them, i am new to the ways and means of discovering which size files or formats are right and, so i need serious newbie help, oh and do ps3's play copied Blu ray discs??

edward hitler
6th February, 2010, 08:53 PM
Try reading the ps3 section mate, there is a fair amount of info in there for you regarding your question.
You can add the avi files onto your ps3 hard drive, or there are a few different apps to download which will let you stream from your pc to your ps3.
I personally like to use an app called Vuze (used to be azareus).

krazylegz
6th February, 2010, 09:37 PM
yeah i'd think a PS3 would play a copy bluray as it plays copy dvds.

however be aware that bluray dvds vary from about 20gig to 50gig dependant on length etc, so to download that size would take a while, plus bluray dvds aren't cheap and a bluray burner definately isn't cheap.

if you still do decide to go into it, newsgroups would be my only donwload option as the files are far too big to use on torrents

nemesisdelta7
21st February, 2010, 09:17 PM
just got myself a brand new home cinema system, 32" hd tv, plus home cinema system with hd upsaling feature, i also have my ps3 linked up to it,

i have been downloading basic avi files for years and burning them, i am new to the ways and means of discovering which size files or formats are right and, so i need serious newbie help, oh and do ps3's play copied Blu ray discs??

sounds like you're using a divx capable dvd player or a ps3 to play downloaded divx/xvid avi's burned to a disc
well if you want to play HD downloads you have to you have to upgrade your player to one that supports newer hd file formats like MKV's or you can convert MKVs to VOB format that can be played by your ps3 its the cheaper hd alternative with little or no loss of quality How To Play MKV Files On Playstation 3 (http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Play-MKV-Files-On-Playstation-3)

andy1weir
23rd February, 2010, 05:39 PM
p, oh and do ps3's play copied Blu ray discs??

i dont think the ps3 will play copied blurays, as each bluray disc has a security key on it not 100% sure hgow it works but i know that games have defo got them, but llike krazylegz said disks and burners are defo not cheap