PDA

View Full Version : tuner toast?...

condor
6th February, 2010, 01:44 AM
Hi Guys,

recently had a power outage in the street..The power came on eventually but the box didnt!! there is a light on the front but the screen stays blank..

any ideas..?

plasterer
6th February, 2010, 01:47 AM
I got both 500 c
And open media
A common fault with the 500c is the front ribbon connector comes off
Just take the lid off and push it back on and its fixed
But never needed to do it on the open media ...........Paul

condor
6th February, 2010, 02:50 AM
thanks mate..i got it working after a flash with the dk 1.1 image, however this image is different from the one that was on it before think it was an enigma on it previously. (dbox style menus etc..) does anyone have a copy of this image ? I tried downloading it earlier but the link didnt work ...???

thanks in advance.
:-)

cloudnineuk54
6th February, 2010, 03:03 AM
was it the neutrino image,if so here ia a link to my backup image

http://www.4shared.com/file/125063961/60fa6a58/dw_neutrino.html

condor
6th February, 2010, 07:52 PM
Hi Mate, thanks for that gave it a try but Dreamup doesn't recognise the file type...i probably am being stupid though? do i need to convert it to an image file first?

:-)

condor
7th February, 2010, 12:36 AM
okay, so i tried to backup my neutrino image on another openmedia box. It downloaded to pc okay, however this file does not show up as an img file it just basically says well 'file'. thats why dreamup does not recognise it as a valid format. Is it maybe corrupt ? anybody ever seen this before. If so is there a resolution..

tomhick024
11th February, 2010, 10:35 PM
when you save the file, name it as a .img file, eg:backup.img , should have no probs then!

condor
1st March, 2010, 12:56 AM
that advise worked mate. renaming the file extension to .img allowed the file to be downloaded..

problem is...that the problem still exists with the box. solid blue power light with a blank screen...?

???

psats
1st March, 2010, 11:29 PM
that advise worked mate. renaming the file extension to .img allowed the file to be downloaded..

problem is...that the problem still exists with the box. solid blue power light with a blank screen...?

???

reflash but do not flash erase