PDA

View Full Version : Please help with boost spikes MINI R56 N18

matej555
28th August, 2021, 01:44 PM
Hello all,

I bougt a MINI Cooper S with the N18 engine about 6 months ago. The car was already tuned (stage 1) by a reputable german tuning company. Recently I had to replace the turbo for a new one, because the wastegate had too much play and was leaking. With the new turbo I have severe boost spikes (over 22psi) if i floor the throttle under 4000 rpm. Over 4000 there are no problems. I suspect that the first remap was done when the turbo was not in a very good condition anymore and it was compensated with more agressive wastegate operation. I woud like to make max 20 psi over the rev range with adequate fuel quantity - rather rich than lean.

Thanks in advance,

Matej

NASTASE
29th August, 2021, 07:46 AM
You have boost spykes because of bad tuned file, few Torque limiters untouched, bad spark maps,bad Turbo limiters maps modified,you have more boost now on low rev but boost limiters was not adjusted under 3000rpm, or adjusted with a small increase of 3,5%.Reputable tuning german company must learn more about how to tune MEVD 17 from N18 engine Mini Cooper S Lci

matej555
29th August, 2021, 09:06 AM
Yeah, maybe they did a lousy job and charged the previous owner a lot of money for it, but the car seemed to run ok until I replaced the turbo for a new (stock) one. I also replaced the valve cover, because the pcv check valves were bad. The wastegate actuator solenoid is also new. It seems you have a lot of knowledge about these cars. Are you able to sort these maps out?

NASTASE
29th August, 2021, 11:02 AM
Yeah, maybe they did a lousy job and charged the previous owner a lot of money for it, but the car seemed to run ok until I replaced the turbo for a new (stock) one. I also replaced the valve cover, because the pcv check valves were bad. The wastegate actuator solenoid is also new. It seems you have a lot of knowledge about these cars. Are you able to sort these maps out?
Yes , i can try to rework this tune.

NASTASE
13th September, 2021, 07:57 PM
Here your tuned file repaired.

matej555
13th September, 2021, 08:09 PM
Great!, Thank you. I will test it tomorrow afternoon and report back.