PDA

View Full Version : Ktag bad read no errors dcm 3.7

nick93
13th September, 2021, 11:23 PM
Hi, I really need some pro help. i will be as short as possible.
I am trying to read a perftct working ecu delphi dcm 3.7 hyundai crdi with a clone ktag red pcb on w10system

ksuite first reports "ecu not identified" and after I pick hyundai profile it starts reading. 0-100% without errors, after i get "checksum error,send the software vendor the backup file"

Tuners said me the files are not good read

I tried:

good 12v power supply
new microsd sw:2.25 HW:7.020
resolder twice the bridges and the read cables
many different versions of ksuite

I will defently apreciate any help given.

PS: IF i try to restore only maps with a previus kess backup I get cheksum error, I am using ksuit 2.23 no checksums

nick93
14th September, 2021, 12:55 AM
I think the problem might be that my ecu might be already moded. so when ktag spots checksum error it encrypts my file so I cant edit it. Only maybe restore it.

So what do you think?

can I write back a virtual read? what about immo ? or can someone correct my own kess file ?

HUGE THANKS :)

br556hre
14th September, 2021, 06:09 AM
Re-check Ktag instructions carefully to confirm mainboard and connections looks 100% same to yours.

There are at least 2 types of DCM37 (as far as I know) mainboards, perhaps yours is different.

KTAG has both types covered in help manual.

Share photo from ECU specs, connecting pins and your setup perhaps we can see something..

nick93
15th September, 2021, 12:44 PM
the ecu looks 99.9% the same as the photos. the difference is a few resistors. I have carefully tested all the cable pins with a multimiter. all the 7 bridges with multimiter. ktag says comleted sucesfully. then crc error. The files at the first post are completely unreadeable?
Please help, what are my options here?
Cracked ECUF Alex flasher works with ecu ?

PS: I was going to provide photos but the ecu is at the car right now.

THAAAnks

nick93
16th September, 2021, 08:30 PM
Hey guys, has anyone sucesfully read & write a hyundai dcm3.7 with clone KTAG ? Or at least tried unsuccessfully ?

Thanksssss

voltechcar
18th September, 2021, 08:05 PM
use genuine tool, china k-tag have bug in software and emulated eeprom gone after read and write. Genuine have new protocol which working.

chriaran
9th October, 2021, 05:09 PM
hi, send pics of your installation and board.... i have done this job with clone ktag with no problems. clone kess will not do the job... it lets you read but it will not let you write back... only via ktag.

Smart66
9th October, 2021, 05:17 PM
Using clone tools always makes a big risk :)