PDA

View Full Version : Write VIN and ACU Variant Code via BIN file

BigPapaGotti
22nd September, 2021, 02:16 AM
Is it possible to write the VIN and ACU Variant code into a virgin dump file and then write that data directly to the module, avoiding having to take it to a dealer to have programmed?

If not, does Launch support writing VIN and ACU Variant code to Airbag Module?

Working on a 2011 Kia Sorento EX

Thanks!

fuzz1
22nd September, 2021, 03:07 AM
With a virgin dump you can write the vin number but this option is not available in every launch. You will only get one chance though you miss something in the adaptation and that's it.

BigPapaGotti
22nd September, 2021, 10:42 AM
With a virgin dump you can write the vin number but this option is not available in every launch. You will only get one chance though you miss something in the adaptation and that's it.

If for some reason I did make a mistake, could I not write the virgin dump back to the module and try again?

Here is my specific problem I'm having. I have an original module that I can't read the flash for some reason.

I purchased a replacement module from ebay, that I was able to read the EEPROM. However, this replacement module is showing a "B1684 Not configured DTC". I'm suspecting this is because the VIN is different and the ACU is different. Is it possible to write a different VIN and ACU code to this module?

BigPapaGotti
22nd September, 2021, 10:52 AM
Better yet, can I take this BIN file/dump from the replacement module and insert the new VIN and ACU variant code and write it back to the module?

New VIN: 5XYKUDA26BG027835
ACU Variant Code: XM52 # I'm not sure this is correct?

fuzz1
22nd September, 2021, 11:59 AM
My friend you talking about a virgin dump or one from another car

BigPapaGotti
22nd September, 2021, 01:51 PM
My friend you talking about a virgin dump or one from another car

Apologies for the confusion..

I don't have a virgin dump at the moment.

I have uploaded the BIN dump from this module that has the wrong VIN/ACU code. I am hopeful that this BIN dump can be modified with the correct VIN and ACU and write it back to the module.

I'm trying to weigh my options on what is best to do and where to go from here.

BigPapaGotti
23rd September, 2021, 10:17 PM
Is it possible to modify BIN dump with new VIN and ACU?

Then write that BIN dump to EEPROM?

BigPapaGotti
6th October, 2021, 11:26 PM
Anyone have any expertise with this?

Where does the VIN and ACU variant code get written to? Is it the EEPROM or some other module?

Ideally I would like to take the BIN dump from another working module and write it to my original module to clear the B1620 code that I have. I unfortunately am unable to read the original module.