PDA

View Full Version : DM500 Mctv(barbados) Missing Sports Channels

blacksignori
7th February, 2010, 05:37 PM
Here in sunny Barbados and I lost Espn2, Setanta, Sportsmax and the other xtra Sports channels yesterday afternoon. The channels are still there but encrypted.

No clue???? Is there a new version of evocamd???

Help will be greatly appreciated.

oldteen
7th February, 2010, 06:17 PM
Me too! What has gone wrong?is there a change of frequency?

aScottishBloke
7th February, 2010, 11:43 PM
Same position here, any news yet ?

utdman
8th February, 2010, 12:01 AM
o/t Bados

I miss the 'grilled fish' and 'the hot pot' by the brewery

:bandit:

drgreese
8th February, 2010, 04:26 AM
Setanta and Sportsmax have been encrypted with Nagra 3. So get ready to say:bawling: bye bye to Dreambox.

aScottishBloke
8th February, 2010, 11:49 PM
Setanta and Sportsmax have been encrypted with Nagra 3. So get ready to say:bawling: bye bye to Dreambox.

Has anyone else been able to confirm ?

Regards

drgreese
9th February, 2010, 06:34 PM
Actually, its the MAX PACK (i.e. 5 sports channels) that has been encrypted.

rubber55
9th February, 2010, 06:49 PM
the have been encrypted but wit nagra 2 and a v2 card cbc boxes cannot handle nagra3

aScottishBloke
9th February, 2010, 07:09 PM
Where does that leave dm500c box owners then ?

Cheers

drgreese
10th February, 2010, 03:07 AM
At least that is some good news. Nagra 2 can be hacked.

galdemboss
10th February, 2010, 07:54 AM
CBC have moved those channels to the dreaded ca:1802h Nagra 3.

aScottishBloke
10th February, 2010, 06:24 PM
Any reason why it's only that package and not the full set of channels ?

earsapoppin
10th February, 2010, 10:46 PM
THAT is true its nagra 3 and its only those channels because they are testing. those who are paying for that package with n1 cards (rom11) are out as well.

there will be A fix but just not as yet hold strong dont dispear

tomhick024
10th February, 2010, 10:58 PM
Here in sunny Barbados and I lost Espn2, Setanta, Sportsmax and the other xtra Sports channels yesterday afternoon. The channels are still there but encrypted.

No clue???? Is there a new version of evocamd???

Help will be greatly appreciated.

select channel, goto to 'Menu' - info - stream info - click right arrow to go to 2nd page, this gives the stream information
used;
if kudelski is used
1800 = Nagra 1
1801 = N 2
1802 = N3
Hope this helps!

drgreese
10th February, 2010, 11:05 PM
select channel, goto to 'Menu' - info - stream info - click right arrow to go to 2nd page, this gives the stream information
used;
if kudelski is used
1800 = Nagra 1
1801 = N 2
1802 = N3
Hope this helps!

Yup thanks it sure is . It says 1800 and 1802. Think we'll be able to crack it?

tomhick024
10th February, 2010, 11:36 PM
you still have the n1 stream, should be working, but it looks like ye are going to be hit with N3 as well!

aScottishBloke
11th February, 2010, 04:01 PM
Hi,

I'm totally new at this game, is there anything I can do to get these channels back on ?

Cheers

galdemboss
11th February, 2010, 09:09 PM
Hi,

I'm totally new at this game, is there anything I can do to get these channels back on ?

Cheers

Subscribe to mctv buddy or wait till Nagra 3 gets hacked

aScottishBloke
12th February, 2010, 01:14 AM
Subscribe to mctv buddy or wait till Nagra 3 gets hacked

I have no problems with that, organised for the weekend, however I'd still like this for a 2nd room. It's just that another post referred to this as still nagra 1/3 ?

Cheers

tomhick024
12th February, 2010, 10:47 AM
THAT is true its nagra 3 and its only those channels because they are testing. those who are paying for that package with n1 cards (rom11) are out as well.

there will be A fix but just not as yet hold strong dont dispear

If the 1800 stream is still there, sounds like chanell is not being broadcast, might still pick up the freq and chan name but no picture, remember , I'm not in any way familar with your cable supplier, so this is my best guess.
Have ye tried a full rescan. If people paying for subs on N1 cards are not receiving these chans, sounds like cable company problem as this previous poster has quoted that 1800 stream is still active on these chans!!

If only the 1802 stream is there, the game is up for ye I'm afraid!!

darkosski
12th February, 2010, 06:11 PM
Im a newbie to dreambox bust since my channels are gone i have become interested in why who and how, so I did some reading and i found different blogs which say N3 been hacked but encryption is based on region... does that mean there will be a seperate crack/hack for MCTV... oh yeah n whats this i hear about card sharing? any takers?

drgreese
12th February, 2010, 08:58 PM
Hears about card sharing too. Dont know if its possible.

drgreese
12th February, 2010, 09:00 PM
Heard about cardsharing too. Dont know if its possible.

tomhick024
12th February, 2010, 10:08 PM
google it, c/s in depth discussions not allowed here!

darkosski
13th February, 2010, 02:43 AM
ok will do thanks

aScottishBloke
13th February, 2010, 06:43 PM

If the 1800 stream is still there, sounds like chanell is not being broadcast, might still pick up the freq and chan name but no picture, remember , I'm not in any way familar with your cable supplier, so this is my best guess.
Have ye tried a full rescan. If people paying for subs on N1 cards are not receiving these chans, sounds like cable company problem as this previous poster has quoted that 1800 stream is still active on these chans!!

If only the 1802 stream is there, the game is up for ye I'm afraid!!

Regardless of which channel I select, they all show 1800 and 1802 streams - unless I'm viewing/interpreting wrongly.

All channels apart from the maxpack are still showing.

drgreese
13th February, 2010, 11:28 PM
Regardless of which channel I select, they all show 1800 and 1802 streams - unless I'm viewing/interpreting wrongly.

All channels apart from the maxpack are still showing.

You are correct. However MCTV has only only blocked maxpack bcos they are testing N3 on this package first. The rest will follow soon.

aScottishBloke
14th February, 2010, 03:29 AM
You are correct. However MCTV has only only blocked maxpack bcos they are testing N3 on this package first. The rest will follow soon.

So all official receivers can decrypt maxpack without changing receiver/cards ?

Where's your source of info re testing ?

Cheers

darkosski
14th February, 2010, 12:31 PM
Scottish -- from what i understand if you have an official mctv box you just need to collect a card from the company... how ever what i find odd is some people cards work off the bat and then others have to return the box to the company and then get a new box.. so im not sure if the the problem is box versions or what ever..... i have an official box which im gonna get a card for this week i will pop back in n drop a note.

aScottishBloke
14th February, 2010, 09:26 PM
Scottish -- from what i understand if you have an official mctv box you just need to collect a card from the company... how ever what i find odd is some people cards work off the bat and then others have to return the box to the company and then get a new box.. so im not sure if the the problem is box versions or what ever..... i have an official box which im gonna get a card for this week i will pop back in n drop a note.

Hi,

I'm still waiting on a confirmed install date, it's not happening as soon as I hoped.

So you are an active subscriber and they just changed without notification, forcing you to collect a new card/box ?

Guess I'm gonna have to get used to things around this place :)

darkosski
16th February, 2010, 02:20 PM
lol welcome to barbados bro the world of monopolies and services oriented companies who think they are doing you a favor...
so yeah they stopped the channels n then say collect the new cards or bring back in your boxes.....

garryc10
20th February, 2010, 11:44 PM
Great finally the silence is broken on this issue.

aScottishBloke
21st February, 2010, 04:06 AM
Great finally the silence is broken on this issue.

Are you being cryptic ?

garryc10
21st February, 2010, 07:14 PM
no i meant i thought i was d only one worried about this

namesake
22nd February, 2010, 01:20 AM
I have three different boxes all picking up mctv.The dream box is the only one missing the sport max package, I am still
getting the package with the other two yet the DBox was rated the best.:party :

thegooner
22nd February, 2010, 08:03 PM
Which boxes would those be? I used a Starview but i've also lost the channels.

namesake
23rd February, 2010, 05:30 AM
Replay pvr box and eurovox,both still getting missing channels

oldteen
23rd February, 2010, 08:33 PM
Thanks Namesake.But what is a replay pvr box?

namesake
24th February, 2010, 04:28 AM
oldteen that is the name of the box . replay pvr cable box,but it looks like i spoke to soon.

thegooner
24th February, 2010, 04:14 PM
Yup , just tried my mates Replay box , and he's lost the channels as well. Going going going.. all will soon be gone

oldteen
24th February, 2010, 08:08 PM
Thanks,Namesake.

namesake
27th February, 2010, 08:56 PM
Cbc said January and the dreambox would be no more,but with the issueing of card seem yet to be completed I would
say we have another two months at most.

rubber55
1st March, 2010, 08:25 PM
my movie channel and space and sifi channel just went anybody else

aScottishBloke
1st March, 2010, 08:53 PM
Movies disappeared also.

Still waiting on an official installation - so slow........

drgreese
2nd March, 2010, 02:22 AM
Correct! All movies gone. soon everything will be gone. Will there be an alternative besides paying through your ears.

darkosski
2nd March, 2010, 09:09 PM
there must be some kinda N3 hack or crack coming soon i guess in the mean time we will just have to pay an arm n a leg and once its cracked tell cbc goodbye....

oldteen
11th March, 2010, 03:20 PM
What is the current cam-setting forDM^))PVR?

oldteen
11th March, 2010, 03:23 PM
sorry.Imeant to ask what is the cam setting for dm600pvr.

tomhick024
11th March, 2010, 09:54 PM
there must be some kinda N3 hack or crack coming soon i guess in the mean time we will just have to pay an arm n a leg and once its cracked tell cbc goodbye....

I wouldn't hold my breath too long!
N3 has been in use in Satellite with a few years and as yet, no breakthrough!

MetMan
11th March, 2010, 10:25 PM

Sky uses NDS Encryption

VideoGuard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VideoGuard)

dipla
24th March, 2010, 03:59 PM

satellite was being hacked for years. Having lost billions of $ and court cases it took DN years to make the decision to switch to N3, years to have to technology done and billions........... . Get real your CBC is behind time in tech and surely don't have the money. Those boxes they use can't even match up to the DM500. The faster they finish their inferior process the faster they get hacked. The best they can do with their inferior boxes is N2. Everyone knows what they put on the card can be copied. The challenge is you may not have N2 coders their like the ones here. who just loves to sit all day and code so bigguns loose money.

oldteen
26th March, 2010, 05:33 PM
Hi peeps,All MCTV CHANNELS ARE BACK UP.WHATS GOING DOWN?

meakai
26th March, 2010, 06:28 PM
Hi peeps,All MCTV CHANNELS ARE BACK UP.WHATS GOING DOWN?

All of them have now disappeared. I fear this is the beginning of the end.

Hordoy
26th March, 2010, 10:21 PM
I am reliably informed that the encryption being used by MCTV is not N3. Does anyone know what encryption is being used?

drgreese
27th March, 2010, 03:02 AM
All of them have now disappeared. I fear this is the beginning of the end.

There are back up ,but only the Basic channels. Just unplug and turn on. That should work.

drgreese
27th March, 2010, 03:04 AM
I am reliably informed that the encryption being used by MCTV is not N3. Does anyone know what encryption is being used?

The encryption used is N3 or better known as kudelski 1802. It shows up when you go in the info section of any channel.

drgreese
23rd April, 2010, 11:44 PM
Looks like more channels are gone now. Fox sports/ DIY etc...
Something new has come on the market though, and its a bit cheaper than mctv.

cooldrm
24th April, 2010, 01:56 PM
What new has come on the market

oldteen
24th April, 2010, 03:28 PM
what is new and cheaper?

drgreese
25th April, 2010, 05:28 AM
Its called Net2vu , you need ADSL(1.5mbs). Check it out at sheraton center. I should be paid for this advertising though.
Have different packages, from $60 for basic to $150 for full package(150 channels).plenty of movie channels.Quality is pretty good.and offering same and more than mctv(sportsmax/fox soccerplus coming soon).

You have to buy the box though,it cost $399.

However im playing the waiting game to see if Mctv will bring out any special offers for people like we. They might have something coming up at BMEX.

steve67474
30th April, 2010, 03:09 PM
Hi Guys I brought a dreambox out with me from UK and didn't reralise N3 was coming here. I do lots of boxes in the UK for virgin media and they have all gone to N3 well they will have within next month as they are phasing it in there. N3 will not get cracked for the forseeable future as stated its been around in europe for at least 2 years and noone has cracked it yet. Card sharing is exploding on the forums now as an alternative. Google it for more info as I believe the dreambox could be capable of it.
Hope this helps

drgreese
1st May, 2010, 05:30 AM
At 12:02 am 1st May, all of my channels gone bum. That happen to you all too? I'm not even gewtting CBC on my dreambox. How can I get CBC?

steve67474
1st May, 2010, 02:00 PM
my box went off last night but when I checked this morning I have all the channels back espn sprts am watching premier league footy now. I can only think they took it off last night due to N3 issues and have reverted back so at least we have something for now,:laugh:

drgreese
1st May, 2010, 02:32 PM
Same here , back on this morning. Anybody know anything about a way through N3?

steve67474
1st May, 2010, 07:02 PM
well it didn't last long. I went out to check a mates and by the time I got back N3 was back and my sports channels gone:afraid:

skytrail
4th May, 2010, 06:38 PM
Hi what is Nagra 3? :afraid:

drgreese
6th May, 2010, 06:32 PM
Google it and find out.

cooldrm
13th May, 2010, 03:41 PM
All channels gone from mctv (Barbados)

drgreese
13th May, 2010, 08:13 PM
True that. Any cheap alternatives on the horizon?

yojimbo88
13th May, 2010, 11:11 PM
are everyone's MCTV channels screwed as well:(

drumtik1
14th May, 2010, 12:20 AM
yeah just got home and all channels gone. What the position??

ragabds
15th May, 2010, 10:47 AM
All channels out for the last few days. Whats the word???

Gray2000
18th May, 2010, 01:29 AM
Waiting as are most of my friends for a fix, may happen in the next week or two.:banghead:

drgreese
28th May, 2010, 10:47 PM
A week or two gone, any fixes yet? I dont think so. everybody has a new doorstop.

ragabds
28th May, 2010, 11:18 PM
Trying Net2vu. Not very impressed.
Any word on 'if' a fix is in the works?.......or not?

rubber55
4th June, 2010, 08:52 PM
i hear the code out is it true

rubberd
11th June, 2010, 02:06 AM
lost freeview tv8 today. They relly playing hardball with world cup starting tomorrow

rubberd
11th June, 2010, 02:15 AM
In barbados how can we tell if this is what they did?
My box does not have bruteforce scan. how easy is this to add?

Your region hasn't moved to N3 yet then. Just shuffled the channels around in preparation.

griff11
12th June, 2010, 02:33 AM
it sucks no channels:giveup:,never:bounce:

jigga_man411
12th June, 2010, 03:48 AM
just put the antenna from behind the receiver onto your tv and check channel 54 cor cbc, you may have to go into the tv setting and turn on "cable"

aScottishBloke
12th June, 2010, 04:32 AM
The Holiday Channel is unencrypted at the moment.

rubberd
12th June, 2010, 08:41 PM
Direct hookup and channel 54 not the same quality.:giveup:

drgreese
13th June, 2010, 02:48 AM
You will have to buy an outdoor Vhf antenna for better quality.

rubberd
13th June, 2010, 03:44 AM
mctv was easy to pirate but lacked quality programing, mostly watched networks and news. Its back to dish for me until ???

kbee
13th July, 2010, 09:23 PM
The encryption used is N3 or better known as kudelski 1802. It shows up when you go in the info section of any channel.

I think people need to stop panic typing and moaning into forums like this without researching a bit about what is going on.

I am very new to this scene. I only bought my box a few weeks ago. In fact I bought 4 in total for friends and family too. Then the following weekend Channels started to go. It was just bad timing for me unfortunately. I had no idea what was going on. Thats when I decided to look at this forum.

I agree with some posters saying that there is little information in "detail" on this forum about what was happening. It is there, but you have to search for it. I think most people here assume everyone is experienced and has been using these boxes for years. But that's not the case. Some people are new, like me, and some are not very technical and so don't really understand what is going on. I think people on both sides should just calmly and simply explain the situation. It is not good to give out about the situation as its out of their control, plus its also not good for people who have been in the scene for years to gloat about the fact they have had a good 2 years of free tv. Thats great for you but not great for people who are new to the scene and just spent a small fortune. So please can the gloaters and the moaners and panic merchants just keep their comments to themselves as its not helping or adding productive information to theforum.

Below is an edited extract of some info I found on another forum which simplifies the situation about N3 and I think will explain to the newbies what is going on and what it will take to overcome it, if and when it happens. I think it will be overcome, but it may take some time. We just have to sit back and wait and see.

Q. What is Nagra 3?

A. Nagra 3, also referred to as N3 & Nag3 is the newest encryption system being implemented by cable and satellite companies.
Nagravision - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagravision)

Q. Why is Nagra 3 causing us problems?

A. Because most providers use an older system, Nagra 1 and Nagra 2. The coders know Nagra 2 like the back of their hand. Nagra 3 is new and needs to be mastered & broken.

Q. How long until everything goes Nagra 3?

A. Exact dates are unknown. It has begun in Ireland, and is being phased in. So we will see groups of channels disappearing as time goes by like we have already with the sports and movies. We may be lucky in that some of the basic channels won't be changed, but I would imagine all channels will be changed eventually.

Q. Will Nagra 3 be hacked?

A. Nothing can be promised but all past and current indicators are that yes, a hack of some sort will eventually surface. Do not expect to see or hear of it until the full change over is complete. It also may or may not require you to use aNagra 3 card in your FTA. This early on in the game it is educated guesses and speculation.

Q. Some of my channels are missing, or I just have audio. What is wrong?

A. Odds are that those channels are using Nagra 3. Audio on many channels is not encrypted or is still using Nagra 2, that would be why you may have sound on some channels but no picture. At this point there is nothing that can be done to get it back

So the N3 transition is in full swing. While this is going to be a real bummer for some of you, most of you know how this works and are going to patiently wait out the storm. As the weeks come andchannels drop, we will see people come in and spread, doom, gloom, and just plain confusion in regards to the channel loss. Rest assured that the coders are extremely confident in their abilities, but also know that the providers are not just gonna sit back and take it. Expect some fun and surprises if and when the first N3 fixes surface.

At this time no one knows how this is going to play out or what secrets N3 may hold. The coders seem to be chuckling at N3, but we will see if they really have the last laugh. I also ask the veterans here to go easy on the guy or gal who just bought their first FTA box yesterday and have noidea that the channels are going out now and what's in store for him or her. Don't jump on them and say "how can you not know what's going on idiot!!" just be patient andexplain to them the transition at hand. If you don't have anything nice to post it's best not to reply.

I have seen a bunch of talk about Nagra 3 being implemented and tested in the data stream so I figured I would explain a bit about how encryption works so that folks understand a bit more about why these rumors are false and why they shouldn?t worry about the release of Nagra 3 so much?..

Just so you know, this is a simplified version? professional encryption is a huge deal with several formulas, algorithms etc?.. but just as encryption is huge so is DECRYPTION?? in other words, for every person making encryption there is 5 working to decrypt it?. All of them working for our stb manufacturers?.. Here is a basic idea of how encryption works :

All encryption is based on a mathematical formula?. For example? you start off with a code to crack and the idea is that you want to find out how many apples Johnny has in his bucket?.. here is how the systems would work?

NAGRA 1?.. this works on basic addition (not really.. this is the part where I am makin? it simpler)?. You start off with someone leaking that there was originally 3apples in Johnny?s bucket?. The only mathematical process Nagra 1 knows is addition?.. so? the provider sends down the number 5 in the data stream? through basic addition your formula tells you to add 5apples to the original 3? you get eight and boom?.. you know the answer?. A simple calculation like this would be done millions and millions of times by your receiver in seconds?.. this produces your tv pic using binary language?. When the provider uses addition to change the amount ofapples originally in the basket you need a new bin file to help your receiver decrypt the signal?.

NAGRA 2?? Now you introduce subtraction into the mix? now the provider can change the number of apples originally in the basket both ways? add more or take some away?.. the equation is twice as complicated and your receiver has to work double time?? every once in a while the equation gives you a previous number used because due to subtraction you can go back to a previous number?. This is what happens that causes a previous bin file to work?..

NAGRA 3? Ok? let?s say this bad boy can do multiplication?.. now your equations are 3 times as difficult? it is harder for coders to find the formula?. Your number of originalapples can now go from 100000 to 2 in a flash of a second due to multiplication?? your receiver is working triple time?? it takes the coders longer to learn how manyapples are in the basket??

Bottom line? the bad news is that you may not have any apples in your basket for a while since the coders will need time to figure this out??. The good news is that they are geniuses and a whole lot of rich folks will be losing a pile of money until they get someapples back in your basket??http://www.techkings.org/images/smilies/loll.gif?.. no worries?.. we will get some downtime but we will be back up and running?.

airmaster
4th October, 2010, 11:35 PM
Oh dear me what can the matter be...... anything on this at all...Iam here suffering for something to watch on my TV (absolutely Thanks)

drgreese
18th October, 2010, 02:47 AM
Besides subscribing, you will have to cardshare . Now that one is an open secret right now.

bubbler
20th October, 2010, 06:31 PM
the question is... who doing the card-sharing. I have access to a working and always finacial card. so if i can get someone to do it for me i will bring box and card.

drgreese
11th November, 2010, 08:06 PM
Watching mctv through dreambox again :)

rubber55
13th November, 2010, 12:57 AM
how can you provide more details

drgreese
13th November, 2010, 04:28 AM
You got to know who is sharing. some charging 400 to 500 for a year's subscription.All channels. I cant say more. You dont know who is watching these blogs. Works very well . no buffering, nothing. Use old antenna etc. Need ADSL connection though.

rubber55
14th November, 2010, 04:28 PM
what is the best internet connection.

i have telebarbados 69dollar a month package is that going to work with the two dream boxes i have is the bytes going to be enough.

Jamboss
14th November, 2010, 10:51 PM
bump this topic needs to resurface as the people are suffering.

drgreese
16th November, 2010, 04:19 AM
what is the best internet connection.

i have telebarbados 69dollar a month package is that going to work with the two dream boxes i have is the bytes going to be enough.

That connection should be good enough. It is not like Net2vu where you need 1.5 mbps.

drgreese
16th November, 2010, 04:23 AM
Watching cricket last night was so refreshing. Watched F1 nailbiting end on speed channel.

worrellr
5th December, 2010, 04:20 AM
Watching mctv through dreambox again :)

Details please. Link me at ( no emails to be posted )

worrellr
5th December, 2010, 04:22 AM
You got to know who is sharing. some charging 400 to 500 for a year's subscription.All channels. I cant say more. You dont know who is watching these blogs. Works very well . no buffering, nothing. Use old antenna etc. Need ADSL connection though.

Details please. Link me ( no emails to be posted )

Nightnurse21
26th December, 2010, 06:10 PM

same name,g mail,thanks

oldteen
11th January, 2011, 11:41 PM
how well does cardsharing work with local ADSL service?

drgreese
27th January, 2011, 04:04 AM
Works like a dream. $79 package from lime will do. The only problem is that it sticks so you have to reboot every now and then.

bubbler
1st February, 2011, 10:44 PM
seems that no one getting the MCTV N3 code crack, so I got hold of a 4ft dish, just need a programmed satellite box.

so anyone out there in Barbados who can help me out, send me a message

namesake
9th February, 2011, 09:56 PM
to get your 4ft dish running you still have to go through
the internet.
free to air programing is limited,only 97 west satalite has
the most english programing along with other languages.

GDIBOSS
6th May, 2011, 09:24 PM
what do i have to do to get my dreambox showing again. was down for quite a while.

plasterer
6th May, 2011, 10:07 PM
If its a cable box mate
Its Like Bin Laden ,
Been Shot in the Head ...................Paul