PDA

View Full Version : Forum will be offline tonight!

Devilfish
14th October, 2008, 02:45 PM
The forum will be offline tonight as we move everything to a private server.

I'll try and leave it as late as possible and do it while you are all in yer beds :).

Wish me luck and I'll see you on the other side! ;)

harry1986
14th October, 2008, 02:52 PM
see ya on the dark side of the forum lol. Hope this dont mean yu closing this site wud luv to keep this site open foreva. everything guna be moved to a private server hope its even better news cheers devilfish

Devilfish
14th October, 2008, 02:59 PM
It won't be private in that registration will be closed.

Just now it's hosted on a shared server with 558 other sites. If some of those other sites are busy (maybe one is a forum) then it reflects on this forum and we might experience some slow page loads, downloads, etc.

This new server will be just for us. :)

Pages should load quicker, downloads should be faster, etc. and we can do what we want with it! Hehehe....

father ted
14th October, 2008, 03:33 PM
It won't be private in that registration will be closed.

Just now it's hosted on a shared server with 558 other sites. If some of those other sites are busy (maybe one is a forum) then it reflects on this forum and we might experience some slow page loads, downloads, etc.

This new server will be just for us. :)

Pages should load quicker, downloads should be faster, etc. and we can do what we want with it! Hehehe....

and wot will i do on nite shift .............................................work! !!!!!!!

aftermath
14th October, 2008, 04:32 PM
I am on Nights so hopefully its done for 6 am , lol, or else i will have to go to bed early.

Cant wait...

zaf786
14th October, 2008, 04:33 PM
Well i am at work all night hopefully all be sorted when i come in the morning from work

harry1986
14th October, 2008, 06:21 PM
WOOOHOOO im glad im a member and joined before cos all new registers wont be acepted glad i joined when i did :)

Devilfish
14th October, 2008, 06:23 PM
WOOOHOOO im glad im a member and joined before cos all new registers wont be acepted glad i joined when i did :)

Eh? I think you should read ALL my posts in this thread again.

We will NOT be closing registrations....we are moving server. Chances are when you log back on, you won't notice any difference.

.: JaCkPoT :.
14th October, 2008, 07:26 PM
Eh? I think you should read ALL my posts in this thread again.

We will NOT be closing registrations....we are moving server. Chances are when you log back on, you won't notice any difference.
lol hope this site doesnt experience eny more probs now as often some of my posts didnt reach the server which meant i spent ages typing it up on my phone then it all went to waste :(

Dreamer
14th October, 2008, 07:58 PM
and wot will i do on nite shift .............................................work! !!!!!!!

I can't see that happening. Honestly father you do come up with some funny ideas sometimes! lol

Hope the move is as painless and as smooth as possible for you Devilfish!!

See you on the other side

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/dreamer/albums/new/208-silly-spacecraft.gif

napster
14th October, 2008, 08:43 PM
will the url be the same or will that change too.

cgscott
14th October, 2008, 08:46 PM
Definetly be the same no need to change it.

Devilfish
14th October, 2008, 08:51 PM
Everything will appear to be the same. It will be offline for a bit while I take a backup of the database and transfer it to the new server. Then we'll need to wait for the domain transferring, hopefully shouldn't take the 24hrs that they always tell you to wait lol.

berley
15th October, 2008, 01:03 PM
yea, all done and i didn't feel a thing

everything working A1 here :party:

father ted
15th October, 2008, 01:22 PM
couldnt log in took me ages ,once i got in i went to read new post clicked on new post and it threw me out,cant download anything

Dreamer
15th October, 2008, 03:44 PM
couldnt log in took me ages ,once i got in i went to read new post clicked on new post and it threw me out,cant download anything

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/dreamer/albums/new/209-fighting-zap.gifHow many times father!!! Can't you take a hint when you're not wanted lol .

Only kidding father!! We all think your the dogs b*llocks!!
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/dreamer/albums/new/210-fighting-starwars.gif

.: JaCkPoT :.
15th October, 2008, 04:31 PM
Thanks. Done now and wow the pages load faster on my phone. Not tried on the p.c yet but will do later.

Devilfish
15th October, 2008, 06:38 PM
Well...that's me just able to get back on...by IPSs DNS cache kept taking me to the old server! Royal pin in the ass.

I know the downloads have a problem and I'm trying to fix it.

If you notice anything else, please post here.

Thanks

Devilfish
15th October, 2008, 07:31 PM
Downloads are now working ok for me.

cgscott
15th October, 2008, 07:52 PM
Fine with me mate. Must be fixed ok.

:devil:

aftermath
15th October, 2008, 08:23 PM
back to normal now everyone.