PDA

View Full Version : dm500 motor settings

mightymag
14th October, 2008, 05:36 PM
hello,
when i try to configure the settings for disc1.2 the greambox stops working(basically it crashes)

is there anything i can do?
just bought the bloody thing as well!!

thanks for any replies

Devilfish
14th October, 2008, 05:50 PM
First of all, I would reset the motor by pressing the reset button on the motor itself.

When you initially go to the service searching page, choose the 'many satellites via DiSEqC rotor' option and continue from there.

Check Page 36 of the user manual or you can see it here (http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm500/manual/dm500_s_c_t_manual.pdf).

mightymag
14th October, 2008, 06:00 PM
cheers devilfish.
i have done that but still crashing?
when you edit the sats that you want do i have to select 1 lnb in the lnb drpo down. 22khz hi/lo and voltage h/v?

Devilfish
14th October, 2008, 06:05 PM
It's been a while since I've done an initial setup but I defo don't remember any options like that.

I'm assuming you have one dish, one motor and one lnb? And the coax from the motor goes into your dreambox?

mightymag
14th October, 2008, 06:29 PM
yes thats right.im going to flash a pli image to see if that helps

Curious123
14th October, 2008, 09:21 PM
cheers devilfish.
i have done that but still crashing?
when you edit the sats that you want do i have to select 1 lnb in the lnb drpo down. 22khz hi/lo and voltage h/v?

You need to follow Devilfish's advice and select many satellite and also select 'goto usals.

mightymag
15th October, 2008, 07:04 PM
done all that,its still crashing when i scan sats.
been in touch with dvbseller and i have to send it back at a cost of ?30+ for p+p.
not happy that its costing me when they sent out a dud box.
ill not be buying off them again.
bah

Bonesy
16th October, 2008, 06:47 PM
done all that,its still crashing when i scan sats.
been in touch with dvbseller and i have to send it back at a cost of ?30+ for p+p.
not happy that its costing me when they sent out a dud box.
ill not be buying off them again.
bah

Well, your luck, as most china supplier dont even give you any warranty.

mm009b
16th October, 2008, 07:30 PM
Hi Mighytmag try a v transponder i had same prob it was crashing on all h scans i (just a thought mate) ps after i done factory reset on box and updated softwear it was fine cheers good luck ! also done reset on motor too

mightymag
17th October, 2008, 06:27 PM
ill give it ago mm009b

cheers