PDA

View Full Version : Key changer for chorus and Ireland NTL

Devilfish
4th April, 2008, 12:49 AM
Apparently there's been a keyroll change for Irish cable.

Here's the latest keys...

http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i1672377_keys3408.JPG

smirnoff_rules
4th April, 2008, 08:12 AM
how do u install the keys manually m8 .. ?

Devilfish
4th April, 2008, 09:29 AM
FTP to the box and go to /var/keys.

Edit the keylist.txt file (if using evocamd) or the SoftCam.key file (if using mgcamd) or the nagra file (if using gbox).

Restart emu to take effect.

Or you can use the Tuxbox Commander plugin (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=59) if you're not connected to a PC.

rommy667
9th April, 2008, 03:59 PM
Thanks a lot but their was another key change on the 8th :(

Devilfish
9th April, 2008, 04:03 PM
And another today so you're going to have to wait until someone posts the new keys everytime they roll.

Digger
9th April, 2008, 05:11 PM
can ya tell me how come of late that these key changes heep happening, i've had my db for over a year and this is the first time that i have had to change the keys. Is there no way so setting it up to auto update????

Devilfish
9th April, 2008, 05:37 PM
It usually does auto update so you don;'t know when the keys change. They change often you just don't know.

Now they've changed the way it auto updates and the emu doesn't know what to do. SO until the new method is figured out and the emu programs updated, we'll need to update the keys manually every time they change.

smirnoff_rules
9th April, 2008, 06:57 PM
theres no need to worry lm sure , this isnt the first time or the last . they just want to get rid of the peeps that get the boxes off ebay that have the software already on them and have no idea how to get working again .

they know 60% with be turning them off and paying to upgrade there tv service today

tomasz36
9th April, 2008, 09:22 PM
I've tried latest posted keys, but still nothing. It looks like I have to be patient and wait...:(

Devilfish
9th April, 2008, 09:54 PM
If you've manually changed to the latest keys, save the file, exit the tuxbox commander, save again, then pull the plug on the box. Wait 10 secs and plug it back in again. Should be ok then.

Herbie
9th April, 2008, 10:08 PM
This worked for me with no problem p.s tut was from another site thanks to the author

Guide to changing the Key codes on Nokia D box via remote control

. Press the blue button and you will be in the features menu, scroll to Tuxbox Commander, press OK.
You should now be looking at the files on the D Box.
. Scroll to VAR and press ok, If you don’t see VAR, scroll to <DIR> & press ok, if you still don’t see VAR scroll to the next <DIR> and press ok, keep doing this until VAR appears on the screen!
. When you find the VAR file and you press OK, scroll to Keys & press OK
. Scroll to Keylist.txt and press 4 on your remote control! It is important that you don’t press OK when you scroll to keylist.txt , you must press 4 in order to edit the code that will appear! If you pressed OK in error , just press the Home button and start again.
After pressing 4 you should be looking at a screen with /var/keys/keylist.txt at the top, 4 or 5 codes in the middle and numbers 1 to 9 at the bottom.
Now you need to scroll to the code that you are going to change,

When you have have scrolled to code you want to change press OK, When you press OK, the code becomes slightly larger and the first digit changes colour to red, this is now your cursor!
. Scroll to the digit you want to change, and then use the numbers on your remote to change that digit to whatever character you want, e.g. if you want to change the digit to 3 , you press the number 3 button four times until 3 appears, the press ok. The same would apply if you want to change it to 4, you press the number 4 button on your remote four times and press OK.
. When you have changed the digit to the new one, press the Home button, it will ask you do you want to save changes, if you are happy with the new change, scroll to yes and press OK.
. You should now have changed the code, to get back to the TV screen, press home.
. In order for the changes to work you need to reboot, press the D box button and scroll to reboot and press OK. When it reboots you channels should be back!

thommo
9th April, 2008, 10:10 PM
and i can confirm leeds is working, so it is your keys mate.