PDA

View Full Version : EDC17 chip. Which software and hardware to read/write firmware?

rbm
8th October, 2021, 01:01 AM
Dear experts,

After searching for a couple of hours I can't find all the information so hopefully one of you can help me out. I have a BMW F10 530D 2011. I think the ECU is a Bosch EDC17 chip but have to read out the exact type number think EDC17CP45. My plan is to code out the EGR valve and do a stage 1 tune. I'm really new into this so hopefully you guys can help me out.

I'm looking into which hardware / software to use the read out the ECU as step 1. Now I have a couple of questions regarding different options. It would be really handy to use the obd port without removing the ECU and not spending to much money because i'm not planning to do this for my living ;)

Options

1) tgflash; price 170 USD. Works without any additional hardware by using my OBD-ethernet cable. Does anyone has good experience with this regarding this chip?

2) MPPS V21; price 26 USD. This seems so be a cheap option and comes with an additional breakout cable when something goes wrong. Although I can't find my car in the list of supported ones. Does anybody tried this regarding the EDC17 chip?

3) Kess V2; price 85 USD. Does this successfully work through the OBD port or do I need to use the external method with cables?

4) Galleto master price around 50 USD. Not sure if this works with my chip?

Hopefully you guys can tell me something by experience? My plan is to first start with this to read the data and than try to decode my EGR as first project. After this I would like to do a stage 1 tune but step by step I guess :)

Thanks!