PDA

View Full Version : Toyota corolla 3ZZ-FE Keys

zanovo
8th February, 2010, 09:09 PM
Hello, colegues!
Toyota Corolla 2003 3ZZ-FE without external im*obox.
93C56 in engine ECU.
All keys are lost.
My attempts to start auto:
1 Try AD100 - defined im*o 1 tipe and can`t reset im*o !! Security lamp flashes.
2 I load the virgin dump (from Lexus RX300) to 93C56 and try to adopt 3 keys with 4C ... secur. lamp switch steady, I insert 1st key after 5 sec. lamp switch off......and also with other keys,to finish procedure I insert the first key and press brake pedal 6 time. Nothing happened!!! im*o bloked ECU secur. led swich steady!!!!
3 I can`t try to insert the key into dump manually because I have no examles with keys in TIRIS format.
Have I mistakes in procedures?
IS it true virgin dump ?
Can anybody help to put the keys into dump manually?
I shall be grateful for help and hints!!!

cjawahir
8th February, 2010, 11:53 PM
closed the programming with the first key switch on and off 5 times , then pull out wait 5 sec . all done .

cj

sogaro
9th February, 2010, 06:50 AM
@Zanovo, have you tried it, did it work? Lets know.

AUS-MAN
9th February, 2010, 06:59 AM
Hi Zenovo

You cannot reset Toyota 4C systems through the ODB port. Tools like the AD100 will not work.

You can however reset Toyota 4D systems through the OBD port.

Your procedure should be correct.
1. Flash ECU with virgin file and refit to vehicle
2. Security LED should stay ON (Indicates Auto registration mode)
3. Insert first key remove and follow same procedure for 2nd and 3rd key. (First 2 keys will be programmed in as Master keys and the 3rd programmed as a Valet key)
4. Once 3rd key is removed security light should start flashing.

All finished

If you want to program less than 3 keys...... leave last key in ignition and depress brake pedal at least 5 times.

The other method for closing Auto Registration mode with Toyotas like cjawahir mentioned is key on - off 5 times but your corolla should be the brake method.

sogaro
9th February, 2010, 07:35 AM
AUZ-MAN, the car is a toyota corolla but he flashes with a Lexus, i don't get it. I would have felt he needs a corolla virgin dump file, please enlighthen me, thanks.

AUS-MAN
9th February, 2010, 07:55 AM
AUZ-MAN, the car is a toyota corolla but he flashes with a Lexus, i don't get it. I would have felt he needs a corolla virgin dump file, please enlighthen me, thanks.

Toyota and Lexus are one in the same. Lexus is merely Toyotas luxury arm. Many models share parts including motors and chassis. Some models are sold in one country under Toyota and in another country under Lexus with better trim levels, motors, suspension etc.

Did you get the car running?

sogaro
9th February, 2010, 08:07 AM
@AUZ-MAN, thanks for your response. That means i can use a Camry virgin dump too, right? Also, it must be 4C for 4C or i can use a 4C with 4D virgin dump? Lastly, what exactly are virgin dumps and where can i get a lot of them to download? I had similar problem recently with a Toyota Sequoia 2003 and had to read the eeprom and a friend edited and added my new key data to it and it worked. Any book or file to read to make me know key data in eeproms?

AUS-MAN
9th February, 2010, 02:34 PM
@AUZ-MAN, thanks for your response. That means i can use a Camry virgin dump too, right? Also, it must be 4C for 4C or i can use a 4C with 4D virgin dump? Lastly, what exactly are virgin dumps and where can i get a lot of them to download? I had similar problem recently with a Toyota Sequoia 2003 and had to read the eeprom and a friend edited and added my new key data to it and it worked. Any book or file to read to make me know key data in eeproms?

1. Sogaro there is no Tutorial that i know of.

2. No you cannot mix 4C and 4D systems or virgin files.
4C systems you must read eprom
4D systems reset with AD100, Diagnostic tool or Toyota reset dongle etc via OBD port.

3. What is a Virgin File? = A virgin file is a file/dump of an im*obiliser system in Auto registration mode. This means this system has NO KEYS programmed and is waiting for you to enrol the keys. When the dealer replaces the ECU or im*obiliser box with a new one this is the file that is loaded on it.

4. I don?t know if the posted Virgin file above would suit a Camry in your part of the world. In Australia it?s different. But some models share the same or similar virgin files. If you post a dump of your Camry i can tell you if the above virgin file will work.

5. The best way to learn is to read the im*obiliser eprom and working keys to understand how the keys are written.

zanovo
9th February, 2010, 04:58 PM
Hello! thanks for the responses!
I tried to write the keys in the dump!
Can somebody check my dumps for mistakes?

I try to learn keys using "virgin" dump from 1st post (with brake pedal and switch ign. methods) - can`t help!
Can somebody offer virgin dump for 3ZZ-FE (IMMO integrated in engine ECU; 93C56)

AUS-MAN
10th February, 2010, 04:59 AM
Hello! thanks for the responses!
I tried to write the keys in the dump!
Can somebody check my dumps for mistakes?

I try to learn keys using "virgin" dump from 1st post (with brake pedal and switch ign. methods) - can`t help!
Can somebody offer virgin dump for 3ZZ-FE (im*o integrated in engine ECU; 93C56)

You must get the security light to STAY ON before you can introduce any keys. If the light is flashing it is not in AUTO REGISTRATION MODE.

I have rewritten your ready to start dump for you.

If that doesn’t work i have also modified your original dump to a Virgin file. You might have to insert a key or turn the ignition on - off before the Security light stays on with the attached virgin file.

If none of this works you are doing something wrong or there is a problem with the vehicle as the attached Virgin file is definitely correct.

Good luck!! and be sure to let us know how you went.

zanovo
10th February, 2010, 03:10 PM
Tomorrow I can continue work with this Corolla!!!!
And then I let you know about the result!!!
Thanks!

ngakson2002
10th February, 2010, 09:48 PM
hello
I am serge Ngako from Cameroon.I have two methods for programming the transponder key for TOYOTA when all the keys are lost:

1) using virgin dumps(Unfortunately i don't have virgin dump for your car)

2) using the immo dump file in the eeprom (such as the one you attached to your request) to program a key that after reception, you just need to cut the blade and then start the Car;that is no futher programming needed.

I have check your immo dump attached and they are OK, ready to program a TEXAS 4C Key that is ready to start your vehicle.
This said, i can help you if the administrator of this forum accept that you should contact me via the following email because there are tools and software other than the virgin dump needed to carry out this task, and i am sure you are not having them.

If you are not allow to contact me,

ngakson2002@yahoo.com

1) Having written the dump in the eeprom: Three keys are needed to be registerd in:

Insert the first key in the ignition switch and turn it in the on position.Count 10seconds the security light should remain ON.Remove the key from the switch.

Insert the second key and count 10s
Insert the third and count 10 s the security lamp should go off if it remains ON pump the brake pedal 5 time to close the programming cycle.

harryauto
10th February, 2010, 10:23 PM
E-mail to me : harry@harryauto.com
Harry

zanovo
11th February, 2010, 01:33 PM
Hello!
Corolla still can`t start!
what i am doing:
1 I use every dump with matched keys (The led flashes)
2 I use every virgin dums from this topic (the led stay on (ECU in learnig mode), start key matchig procedures.....I try to finis procedure with pedal or ign. methods -the led is stay on (procedure is not completed)
Every time there is one mistake in ECU - B2796 (no communication in immobiliser system)
3 I check signals from ECU to coil - it is exist, and when I put transponder near it, I see changing.

petrovgb
11th February, 2010, 02:19 PM
Hello!
what i am doing:
2 I use every virgin dums from this topic (the led stay on (ECU in learnig mode), start key matchig procedures.....I try to finis procedure with pedal or ign. methods -the led is stay on (procedure is not completed)
Every time there is one mistake in ECU - B2796 (no communication in im*obiliser system)
3 I check signals from ECU to coil - it is exist, and when I put transponder near it, I see changing.

You might need to change the immobiliser ecu. I`m trying to get a Toyota Avalon to work and I have the same problem like you. I get an immobiliser error so I ordered a new imobiliser ecu and will try with it.

cjawahir
11th February, 2010, 02:35 PM
Hello!
what i am doing:
Every time there is one mistake in ECU - B2796 (no communication in im*obiliser system)

hello maybe you are using the wrong 4c chip , maybe its a valet chip ?

cj

AUS-MAN
11th February, 2010, 03:22 PM
Hello!
what i am doing:

Zanovo I?m not sure why you are still having trouble.

If you can get the SEC LED to stay solid then the virgin file is fine and the problem lies elsewhere.

So let?s start with the ECU in AUTO REG MODE...

Make sure you read the following carefully. The amount of flashes on the SEC LED in AUTO RED MODE when you insert a key tells us lots.

Once you have the SECUITY LED lit solid from the virgin file does the SEC LED blink once after each key is inserted?
Security LED SOLID >>>> Insert first key >>>> SEC LED flash once >>>> SEC LED SOLID >>>> Insert key 2 >>>> SEC LED flash once >>>> SEC LED solid >>>> Insert key 3 >>>> SEC LED flash once >>>> SEC LED SOLID >>>> SEC LED flashing (finished programming)

If you only want to program 1 or 2 keys you must press the brake pedal 5 times in 15 seconds after the last key.

If you don?t see the SEC LED blink at all after any key is inserted when in AUTO REG MODE then the "Key In ignition switch may be broken". The ignition housing has a switch to tell when a key is inserted (key does not have to be turned only inserted!) It?s very rare for this switch to fail but i have seen it once.

If the SEC LED stays solid after the 3rd key is removed or the brake pedal has been pressed 5 times then the vehicle is still in AUTO REGISTRATION MODE. The SEC LED will flash continuously after programming is complete.

Also
Are your keys definitely 4C?

If that doesn?t work error code B2796 means a fault with either of the following
* Keys (transponder chip)
* Transponder key amplifier
* Wiring Harness
* Engine ECU

cjawahir
11th February, 2010, 03:30 PM
the ignition switch is not broken , because in the first post he said when he put in the key to program the immo light goes out .

that means the switch is working , this model you hear a relay click everytime you put a key into the ignition , and then power to the transponder amp .

cj

cjawahir
11th February, 2010, 03:39 PM
i think you are using the wrong 4c key.

use a master key from another toyo car .

EXAMPLE : FAULT CODE B2796 COMMUNICATION MALFUNCTION NO. 1 DISPLAYED -
INVESTIGATION REVEALED ALL KEYS CLEARED FROM IMMOBILISER BUT UNABLE
TO REGISTER KEY IN IGNITION. WRONG KEY SELECTED. CORRECT KEY
REGISTERED WHEN INSERTED.
􀃘

cj

AUS-MAN
11th February, 2010, 03:46 PM
hello maybe you are using the wrong 4c chip , maybe its a valet chip ?

cj

There is no such thing as a 4C valet chip. The only difference between a Toyota 4C Master key and a Toyota 4C Valet key is the plastic head colour (master black & valet grey), The cuts on the key blade or the blade tip. When the keys where programmed the vehicle was told to program that particular key into a valet position. You can in fact program a Toyota 4C Valet key into a master key position and vice versa. A valet key will still not mechanically work in the glove box or boot/trunk though, due the cuts in the key.

When you introduce keys to a Toyota 4C system in Auto registration mode. The first 2 keys will be programmed into master key positions and the 3rd key will be programmed into a valet position. And then the system closes.

Now with Toyota 4D systems both the Master and Valet keys have unique data on them that actually makes them a master or slave. When you introduce keys under auto registration mode the vehicle can tell the difference and puts them into a Master key position or Valet depending on the key. You can enrol the keys in any order.

Also worth mentioning for those that don't know. You can tell if a key is programmed into the vehicle by the security led. The security led should stop flashing if a master key is inserted. If a Valet key is inserted the security led will stay solid for 2 seconds then stop flashing

cjawahir
11th February, 2010, 03:53 PM
i am 100% sure that there is a 4c master and a valet chip .

i program two chip to a 3zze and when put the key in the immo light comes on for 2 sec and then off , with the master chip off as soon as you put it in .

i can program 3 valet key in and all can start the vehicle ,but you cant do this with the auto reg mode .

cj

AUS-MAN
11th February, 2010, 03:58 PM
i am 100% sure that there is a 4c master and a valet chip .

i program two chip to a 3zze and when put the key in the im*o light comes on for 2 sec and then off , with the master chip off as soon as you put it in .

i can program 3 valet key in and all can start the vehicle ,but you cant do this with the auto reg mode .

cj

I can guarantee 100% there is no such thing as a 4C valet chip. They are very basic.

cjawahir
11th February, 2010, 04:04 PM
I can guarantee 100% there is no such thing as a 4C valet chip. They are very basic.

well i taught just as you but , my locksmith show me this with the 4c chip ,

i could use a new 93c56 chip and program 1 4c chip DATA to eprom and some times it may be a valet key .(the immo light takes some time to go off)

i can also program three master key to that chip .

cj

AUS-MAN
11th February, 2010, 04:18 PM
well i taught just as you but , my locksmith show me this with the 4c chip ,

i could use a new 93c56 chip and program 1 4c chip DATA to eprom and some times it may be a valet key .(the im*o light takes some time to go off)

i can also program three master key to that chip .

cj

You can have 7 masters and 3 valets programmed to the 3ZZ-FE.

Next time you play with a 4C Toyota try programming in a master into a valet position and vice versa via onboard programming. Both keys will swap fine into either position.
Like i said 4C are a very basic transponder thats why they are no longer used.

cjawahir
11th February, 2010, 04:35 PM

Next time you play with a 4C Toyota try programming in a master into a valet position and vice versa via onboard programming. Both keys will swap fine into either position.

ok never done it like that ,

just my experience with the 3zze-fe eprom , i just copy the 4c key data into the eprom with a special tool , dont know $HIT about edit hex file etc .

i have done many altis corolla ,its just my lock smith show me the immo light thing .

do you think it could be a ford 4c chip then , or all 4c is the same ?

cj

cj

AUS-MAN
11th February, 2010, 04:42 PM
yeap all 4C are the same except for data obviously.
What tool do you use to program the eprom dump?

cjawahir
11th February, 2010, 04:48 PM
no name on the tool , its a gift from the usa locksmith .

its just a box with a clip to connect a eprom chip ,

cj

AUS-MAN
11th February, 2010, 04:53 PM
The box is just a EPROM programmer. Most probably a superpro 280. But what do you use software wise to edit the dumps or do you have a heap virgin files?

devil09
11th February, 2010, 10:44 PM
yes use 4C electronic chip key it is easy to prgramme & you can programme same key many times in many cars 4C electronics chip key do not have transponder but it have electronic circuit with cell. when stop working key change button cell inside like our wrist watch. it is easy to copy .in 4C valet key sometime 4C transponder are locked sometimes so it can not programmed as we need & result is corrolla didnt start.
chetan

devil09
11th February, 2010, 10:47 PM
The box is just a EPROM programmer. Most probably a superpro 280. But what do you use software wise to edit the dumps or do you have a heap virgin files?
many many programmer is available in china price is near about 200usd it is simple programmer here we are using 50usd cost programmer for reading toyota 93c56 chip for 4C key programming. great no.????:congrats:

cjawahir
12th February, 2010, 05:32 AM

Yes you are correct about the 4c chip , today i program a camry with a valet key from another car as a master and it work perfect . so 100% correct about the chip .

To close the programing in the toyota corolla , with the last key switch on and off 5 times and then touch the brake 1 time .then pull the key out .

i did all this today .

cj

devil09
13th February, 2010, 10:14 PM
Yes you are correct about the 4c chip , today i program a camry with a valet key from another car as a master and it work perfect . so 100% correct about the chip .

To close the programing in the toyota corolla , with the last key switch on and off 5 times and then touch the brake 1 time .then pull the key out .

i did all this today .

cj
Dear can you tel me why i can not write or copy 4C transponder [chip type] with AD900 tool ?? it shows 8 digit eeprom code also i try with 4C glass transponder it done well. is there any difference ?? my original transponder is 4C chip type. ? if you know how to write please tell me thanks in advnce.

cjawahir
14th February, 2010, 01:36 AM
Dear can you tel me why i can not write or copy 4C transponder [chip type] with AD900 tool ?? it shows 8 digit eeprom code also i try with 4C glass transponder it done well. is there any difference ?? my original transponder is 4C chip type. ? if you know how to write please tell me thanks in advnce.

i dont have the ad900 , i dont know why , its a clone so anthing can happen ,
i use the JMA to copy 4c to tpx1 glass chip .

cj

AUS-MAN
14th February, 2010, 03:50 AM

I did not understand a word of that. :questionmark:
Are you trying to clone a chip? or write a existing chip to an eprom?

zanovo
14th February, 2010, 09:38 AM
Hello! Toyota Corolla (from the 1st post) running well !
My problem was stupid - the amplifier of transponders (on the ign. swith) was wrong!!!
After changing it - every is all wright!
Thanks for a good knowledge.

AUS-MAN
14th February, 2010, 10:19 AM
My problem was stupid - the amplifier of transponders (on the ign. swith) was wrong!!!

Glad you got it going

cjawahir
14th February, 2010, 12:58 PM

happy to hear that its working ,

cj

cammy25
14th February, 2010, 03:05 PM
Guys first thing you should do is DIAGNOSE.
First step is always:
1. Check if immo sees any keys ,wrong or not.

but im happy you sorted it out :devil:

devil09
14th February, 2010, 09:47 PM
I did not understand a word of that. :questionmark:
Are you trying to clone a chip? or write a existing chip to an eprom?
i want to copy one existing 4C key to another new 4C chip type transponder key but i didnt success with ad900 [chinese] at the same time i do with glass type 4C transponder i got success. i want know only what is correct type of transponder for copy ? any electron transponder is there for copy ? my chinses supplier told me they have eletronic circuit inside toyota key you can write any number of time i dont trust on electronic circuit instead of transponder i just want to know which transponder is correct for copy ? some 4C transponder comes with copy lock ?

AUS-MAN
15th February, 2010, 01:54 AM
i want to copy one existing 4C key to another new 4C chip type transponder key but i didnt success with ad900 [chinese] at the same time i do with glass type 4C transponder i got success. i want know only what is correct type of transponder for copy ? any electron transponder is there for copy ? my chinses supplier told me they have eletronic circuit inside toyota key you can write any number of time i dont trust on electronic circuit instead of transponder i just want to know which transponder is correct for copy ? some 4C transponder comes with copy lock ?

You cannot write to a 4C chip.
You can copy a 4C chip to either a TPX1 chip or Silca's EH2 head. The TPX1 chips looks just like a 4C glass chip so you are probably confusing them.

devil09
16th February, 2010, 12:11 AM
You cannot write to a 4C chip.
You can copy a 4C chip to either a TPX1 chip or Silca's EH2 head. The TPX1 chips looks just like a 4C glass chip so you are probably confusing them.
:flowers:Thanks mate i m very thankful to you for info please give little more info on 4C what is TPX1 glass chip ? what is texas 4C ? i want to copy 4C texas to any 4C type we just want to copy corolla key
very much trouble here can't copy 4C texas to 4C texas
please give me correct solution for copy 4C texas which transponder or chip i have to use for copy?????
thanks

cjawahir
16th February, 2010, 02:52 AM
:flowers:Thanks mate i m very thankful to you for info please give little more info on 4C what is TPX1 glass chip ? what is texas 4C ? i want to copy 4C texas to any 4C type we just want to copy corolla key
very much trouble here can't copy 4C texas to 4C texas
please give me correct solution for copy 4C texas which transponder or chip i have to use for copy?????
thanks

you can copy 4c to electronic head chip , forget about the tpx 1 chip only JMA copy tool can use this chip .

cj

cammy25
16th February, 2010, 08:15 AM
NOT true!

AD900 can copy to TPX1

cjawahir
16th February, 2010, 01:52 PM
NOT true!

AD900 can copy to TPX1

but this is the clone and you have to install updates from advance diagnostic , plus tpx1 and tpx2 you can only get this chip from JMA company .

cj

cammy25
16th February, 2010, 02:23 PM
Also not true,

chinese sell TPX1 and TPX2 too.

AUS-MAN
16th February, 2010, 02:31 PM
When cloning 4C or 4D i only ever use TPX1/TPX2. Any key head that uses a battery to clone is SHIT. I will never sell one to a customer.

cjawahir
16th February, 2010, 03:43 PM
Also not true,

chinese sell TPX1 and TPX2 too.

can you give me a link to the site that sell tpx1 and tpx 2 ?

cj

cjawahir
16th February, 2010, 03:47 PM
When cloning 4C or 4D i only ever use TPX1/TPX2. Any key head that uses a battery to clone is SHIT. I will never sell one to a customer.

i also use the tpx1 and 2 top copy key , but use the JMA tool , what do you use ?

cj

AUS-MAN
16th February, 2010, 05:02 PM
i also use the tpx1 and 2 top copy key , but use the JMA tool , what do you use ?

cj

Zedbull. IMHO it?s the best cloner. I purchase TPX1/2 chips from AUS suppliers. I don?t know where you?re from but I?m sure there are closer suppliers.

ngakson2002
16th February, 2010, 06:59 PM
hello
I am serge Ngako from Cameroon
Go to the link tmpro2.Com where you will have a hardware and a software Module 62 that will help you to clone the fixed texas 4C transponder in the TPX1 clonable chip.
It is what i am using and is working pretty well
Good luck

devil09
16th February, 2010, 08:28 PM
you are right man with electronic cell in key head suppose in the running car cell gone weak or cell dead then car will stop running if car is on 100km or more then what will happen??? it will stop running suddenly just think electronic circuit with cell dont use it is BULL SHIT:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

cammy25
16th February, 2010, 09:04 PM
TMPRO is a good tool too ,AND can clone to TPX1 and TPX2.
Zedbull can do it too mate.

here is link to chinese supplier

JMA TPX2 Cloner Chip, (http://www.carsung.net/EN/ProShow.asp?ProID=720)

CJwahir,
I only say things when its A FACT. Else i will say "I think"
or "maybe"

sogaro
17th February, 2010, 08:12 AM

What do you mean "the problem was stupid that , the amplifier of transponders (on the ign.switch) was wrong?" Was it wrong or bad? Wrong because you changed it when you lost all keys? or bad because it was bad after you lost all keys?

cjawahir
17th February, 2010, 12:22 PM
TMPRO is a good tool too ,AND can clone to TPX1 and TPX2.
Zedbull can do it too mate.

here is link to chinese supplier

JMA TPX2 Cloner Chip, (http://www.carsung.net/EN/ProShow.asp?ProID=720)

CJwahir,
I only say things when its A FACT. Else i will say "I think"
or "maybe"

thanks for that link , i have the JMA tool , so will give them a call .

cj

AUS-MAN
17th February, 2010, 03:33 PM
To save me signing up can you list there prices please?

Kanaan
23rd February, 2010, 08:15 AM
Hi

what was electronically wrong with the amplifier of transponders .
did you check ?

rashid01
4th March, 2010, 04:27 PM
hi i have lost all my toyota camry 1998 model 6 selende amercan auto gear pls if any one have vergin file pls send me i want to start car
thanks

sari shub
8th May, 2010, 11:12 AM
thanksss:top:

KLS
26th October, 2010, 11:23 PM
Hi all

i also have a 3zz-fe box and programmed the box i put in three keys but car doen't start i put in a 1zz-fe box the car is running again what can be wrong with the ecu box the car starts and then dies with the 3zz box

DylanImmo
22nd October, 2013, 02:19 AM
Dear Dk, could anyone please help me add 4c key into eeprom , toyota corolla lost all key

Detail: Toyota Corolla
89661-02891 3ZZ-FE
immo dump ic900 L56(93c56)

4c immo key data:

Recognizing transponder...
||||||
Transponder recognized as Texas fixed
ID 4C - JMA TP02/TP07
TIRIS Data: 7E AC 5F CA 0A 00 00 00 00 9E 4F 7E

Thanks in advanced.

DylanImmo
24th October, 2013, 04:57 AM
The problems is solve..Thanks

Valpen
2nd September, 2014, 03:55 PM
I made a table of key / Zenovo 3ZZ-FE.pdf / for RAV4 1ZZ-FE 89661-42730 (93C56 x16), became perfectly

Cap
6th October, 2014, 03:57 AM
Here is how I've done it for a Few years now..

This is for a Toyota Spyder MRS

This is the Virgin Dump, for the Ic900.. Buffer dump

PG4UW - universal program for BK PRECISION programmers, version 2.75j/01.2011

Date: 9.June 2011 Time: 19:25:35

Selected device: Microchip 93C56 [SOIC8]

Buffer content from address: 00000000h, to address: 00000087h

Address +0 +1 +2 +3 +4 +5 +6 +7
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
0000000000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
0000000008 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
0000000010 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 FF00 0000
0000000018 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 FBDF 0000 0000
0000000020 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
0000000028 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
0000000030 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 7770 0000
0000000038 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
0000000040 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
0000000048 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
0000000050 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 FF00 0000
0000000058 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 5A69 0000 0000
0000000060 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 FF00 0000
0000000068 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
0000000070 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 7770 0000
0000000078 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000

The Two Options I have Found by searching are..
1) Remove the Chip from the ECU, and Program it in the Burner with a Virgin Code..
2) Use a 'Chip Clip' to hook to the Chip while it on the Circuit Board.. and Program it there..

My Results..
1) Upon Further reading, unless you have VERY Expensive Soldering Tools for removing the Chip from the Board.. your Chances of getting it off, and back on and NOT Broken.. are ZERO.. So I Opted to not try that..
2) Purchased a Chip Clip that was for Hooking to the Chip.. to Program.. WELL.. while the Chip is in the Board.. and the Board is Covered with the Anti Fungus Covering.. not much can get through.. Not even the Contact for the Clip.. I tried to Scratch off the Coating.. I Got the Coating Off.. but was unable to get the Clip to Conect to all 8 Pins..

So I came up with Option 3..

Solder Jumpers to each of the 8 Pins of the Chip.. and take the 8 Wires to a header Jumper that will Plug into the Programmer ZIF Socket..

Here is the Pics..

Wires on the Chip..

http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll351/CapWeir/ECU%20Immob/IMG_1238.jpg

Wires going to the Programmer..

http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll351/CapWeir/ECU%20Immob/IMG_1241.jpg

I also came up with an Unusual Problem.. SOMETIMES on SOME ECU's I can not Erase/Read or Program Correctly.. Even though the Wires are Hooked up properly..

The Solution.. Power up the ECU, then Power it Down.. I have Test Plugs on the Bench.. So I can Do it from Inside the House..

Then the Chip will Read/Verify/Program with no Problems.. Not sure what that is about.. but I have a Work Around for it.. so Problem Solved..

One other problem has Surfaced.. This programmer has a default set up where it will electrically 'Taste' the leads of the E-Prom chip, to see if all is hooked up properly. As of late, the 'Taste' is different, and the Programmer thinks the leads are not hooked up properly..
The fix for this new problem, is to not 'Verify Leads' before programming.

You will need three keys for light to shut off. Two master and one valet. don't turn car on, just put the key in, wait two seconds then remove key. Add the other keys to memory by doing the same.
The First key inserted ( as long as not only one is Inserted ) will be Programmed as the Valet Key. Make sure if you have a Key that is cut as a Valet Key, it is inserted First.

Cap

PremierD
6th October, 2014, 08:44 AM
Where there is a will, there is a way mate :top:

autoTkey
16th April, 2015, 02:08 PM
Hi Zenovo

You cannot reset Toyota 4C systems through the ODB port. Tools like the AD100 will not work.

You can however reset Toyota 4D systems through the OBD port.

Your procedure should be correct.
1. Flash ECU with virgin file and refit to vehicle
2. Security LED should stay ON (Indicates Auto registration mode)
3. Insert first key remove and follow same procedure for 2nd and 3rd key. (First 2 keys will be programmed in as Master keys and the 3rd programmed as a Valet key)
4. Once 3rd key is removed security light should start flashing.

All finished

If you want to program less than 3 keys...... leave last key in ignition and depress brake pedal at least 5 times.

The other method for closing Auto Registration mode with Toyotas like cjawahir mentioned is key on - off 5 times but your corolla should be the brake method.

I did a 2004 Corolla with the same ECU recently. Generally your tutorial helped me up to the part with the security LED. After flashing with virgin file and refitting the light was blinking slowly(once per second). It stayed ON only after I plugged the first key. Since I had only one key, I wanted to cut the registration procedure after the first key but nothing happened after pressing the brake 5 times. The procedure finished only after I started the engine... But never mind, the job was done :)