PDA

View Full Version : EDC15C3 how to read

RoAdbOy
18th October, 2021, 11:55 PM
Hello, i've got a 2004 Mitsubishi Carisma 1.9DI-D with EDC15C3 ECU.
I tried to read the Car with KESS V2 (Protocol 14) but no luck. Alientech says It's the same engine and ecu like Renault.

I opened the ECU and tried to read with KTAG but it is not the same ECU as KTAG shows on pics. I think Mitsubishi EDC15C3 is a little different than Renault's Ecu.

My question is;
Is it possible to read & write this ECU with CMD OBD?
did someone read & write this Car with CMD OBD before?

Thank you

number7hd
19th October, 2021, 07:26 AM
change speed to minimum in options

RoAdbOy
19th October, 2021, 08:17 AM
change speed to minimum in options

Ok will try it, thank you. 👍🏼

elektronik325
19th October, 2021, 08:34 AM
Hi. How did you connect, Kess, did you identify the ecu? Did you have a mistake right away? Try to connect it on the table. Power and K lines and see

RoAdbOy
19th October, 2021, 09:16 AM
Hi. How did you connect, Kess, did you identify the ecu? Did you have a mistake right away? Try to connect it on the table. Power and K lines and see

I put the car on Telwin Doctor Charge Battery Supply (13.6v) connect the OBD plug... And choose Protocol 14 for EDC15C3.
I identified the ECU first. And got the numbers:
HW= 0281010439
SW= 1037367106

But when i click "read ecu" it tries to read but says "ECU Communication Error"

With CMD obd i can identify the ECU and even Read it. But i'm afraid to write it with CMD, because some people say CMD will damage the EDC15 ECU's while writing. 🤷🏻~♂️

peetr
19th October, 2021, 10:33 AM
I do own a Mitsubishi Carisma 1.9 Di-D too and I can read and write my ecu with kess v2 without any problems. I've even got the same HW-ID 0281010439, but my SW-ID is different: 1037363516
As much as I know you can't make a immo off without an renault immo-emulator, but I was able to remap my ecu without any problems. Probably have already written my ecu at least 20 times. It pulls quite good and I've raised my idle speed from 750 to 850 to make it run smoother at idle and with ac on.
I just couldn't find any mappack or damos file for this ecu and sw.. I had to find all maps by myself. This ecu compared to vag edc15 is really really dumb and simple. I just couldn't find svbl and soi maps...
Please post your ori read, I'm curious if my own mappack fits your ecu.

If you want to diagnose this ecu with a ds150e, you have to select renault laguna diesel. Then you can even read live data, which are not available if you select mitsubishi carisma.

elektronik325
19th October, 2021, 07:00 PM
I put the car on Telwin Doctor Charge Battery Supply (13.6v) connect the OBD plug... And choose Protocol 14 for EDC15C3.
I identified the ECU first. And got the numbers:
HW= 0281010439
SW= 1037367106

But when i click "read ecu" it tries to read but says "ECU Communication Error"

With CMD obd i can identify the ECU and even Read it. But i'm afraid to write it with CMD, because some people say CMD will damage the EDC15 ECU's while writing. 路~♂️

Cmd or Galleto has a problem in some edc 15 with checksum. So count yourself before uploading the file. But Kess should be doing this ecu normally. Sure kess clon? It's like that it doesn't support certain protocols. What do you want to do in this ecu?

RoAdbOy
19th October, 2021, 07:24 PM
I do own a Mitsubishi Carisma 1.9 Di-D too and I can read and write my ecu with kess v2 without any problems. I've even got the same HW-ID 0281010439, but my SW-ID is different: 1037363516
As much as I know you can't make a immo off without an renault immo-emulator, but I was able to remap my ecu without any problems. Probably have already written my ecu at least 20 times. It pulls quite good and I've raised my idle speed from 750 to 850 to make it run smoother at idle and with ac on.
I just couldn't find any mappack or damos file for this ecu and sw.. I had to find all maps by myself. This ecu compared to vag edc15 is really really dumb and simple. I just couldn't find svbl and soi maps...
Please post your ori read, I'm curious if my own mappack fits your ecu.

If you want to diagnose this ecu with a ds150e, you have to select renault laguna diesel. Then you can even read live data, which are not available if you select mitsubishi carisma.

Hey Peetr, i was now able to read it with KESS Clone. Can you give me your skype or Email?

RoAdbOy
19th October, 2021, 07:26 PM
Cmd or Galleto has a problem in some edc 15 with checksum. So count yourself before uploading the file. But Kess should be doing this ecu normally. Sure kess clon? It's like that it doesn't support certain protocols. What do you want to do in this ecu?

I tried it first with original KESS and no luck. Now i tried with KESS Clone and it read.
I want performance tune. The Car has a Hybrid Turbocharger.

RoAdbOy
19th October, 2021, 07:39 PM
Here is the original file i read with Kess Clone

peetr
19th October, 2021, 10:42 PM
Here is the original file i read with Kess Clone
Here you go. You're lucky, my mappack fits your ecu. Pass is in pm
Try it and please report how it runs with your car.
It should pull pretty good at full throttle. I'm running an even stronger tune since 8000km without any problems
Your tune should be safe and still pull pretty good. Its much milder than mine. Try it and report! I could make the remap a little bit smoother if the jump to full power is too sharp.
After an reflash my ecu takes a few km until it allows full power. Don't know why, just want to let you know so you're not disappointed right away.
In addition to performace I've raised your idle speed to 850 aswell because the engine runs much smoother at 850 and in traffic jams you don't need to push the gas pedal at all to roll. It's like a tractor, hard to stall :D I like it much more like that

As last but not least: If your engine doesn't run that good or smokes too much, it can be because of carbon buildup in your intake manifold. Mine was pretty bad and it wasn't easy to clean it but it made a big difference. Your air filter should be clean too

RoAdbOy
20th October, 2021, 11:40 AM
Hey Peetr, thank you sooo much. The car runs great now. Unbelievable how the difference is. :) :) :) Thank you.

peetr
22nd October, 2021, 12:57 PM
Wie versprochen etwas mehr Power, viel Spaß!

as promised a little bit more power