PDA

View Full Version : W246 ESL emulator problem

Manta1600
21st October, 2021, 09:32 PM
W246 2012 with faulty ESL coming from auction AKL

EIS with only one connector without k-line - ESL with 5 wires different connector than W204

I read the EIS pass and programmed the key but can't program the ESL emulator

I tried 3 tools (Autel Poldiag CDGI) with few different emulators for W204 but when connect on Poldiag to check the emulator always red solid light

I programmed the same emulator on test w204 eis and when connect on Poldiag and insert the key green light come

Some one successful programmed ESL emulator on W246 EIS with one connector?

momogsm
21st October, 2021, 10:20 PM
Hi

Yes It’s Normal, Because Standard W204 Emulator Is Incompatible With W176/W117/W246

You Need Another Special Emulator For It Like This One: https://goldcar.com.tr/product/w204-w207-w212-w176-w447-elv-esl-steering-lock-emulator/

Regards

Manta1600
22nd October, 2021, 12:26 AM
Hi

Yes It’s Normal, Because Standard W204 Emulator Is Incompatible With W176/W117/W246

You Need Another Special Emulator For It Like This One: https://goldcar.com.tr/product/w204-w207-w212-w176-w447-elv-esl-steering-lock-emulator/

Regards

Thanks mate I will try also this emulator

I'm not sure that MK3 W204 emulator is not suitable for W246 as some people report that is OK

I think that my problem is the 246 EIS connection on the bench - there is not K-line connected and is not possible to check it on bench and always is red light

W204 cable has K-line on the connector and the emulator works fine

The car is little bit far from me to check it on the car

If someone can share connection diagram for W246 with one connector with K-line will be very helpful

babeh
22nd October, 2021, 04:17 AM
There is no K-line in W246 ESL, it communicate through CANBUS,
so it cannot be activate like W204/212 by just insert working key.
This one is tricky.
https://obd365.over-blog.com/which-tool-to-personalise-a-renewed-benz-w246-esl.html

ficho
22nd October, 2021, 03:02 PM
There is no K-line in W246 ESL, it communicate through CANBUS,
so it cannot be activate like W204/212 by just insert working key.
This one is tricky.
https://obd365.over-blog.com/which-tool-to-personalise-a-renewed-benz-w246-esl.html

Hi,
No can bus there mate, just simple k-line also as the rest, btw if you want to personalize this ESL , this can be done in car only with extreme mb tool.
Just click personalize ESL, job done.
Those picture from link above where created from a friend who has done this one before.
regards

babeh
22nd October, 2021, 04:31 PM
Hi,
No can bus there mate, just simple k-line also as the rest, btw if you want to personalize this ESL , this can be done in car only with extreme mb tool.
Those picture from link above where created from a friend who has done this one before.
regards

Tks mate.
Can it be done with VVDI ?

vageric
22nd October, 2021, 04:38 PM
Tks mate.
Can it be done with VVDI ?

no can not.

babeh
22nd October, 2021, 04:40 PM
Thanks mate I will try also this emulator

I'm not sure that MK3 W204 emulator is not suitable for W246 as some people report that is OK

I think that my problem is the 246 EIS connection on the bench - there is not K-line connected and is not possible to check it on bench and always is red light

W204 cable has K-line on the connector and the emulator works fine

The car is little bit far from me to check it on the car

If someone can share connection diagram for W246 with one connector with K-line will be very helpful

That ESL emu can be done with VVDI.
correct test cable is needed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBuWEk7Bit0

jonny r
22nd October, 2021, 05:14 PM
Hi,
regards

Thanks mate,

it appears this " obd365 " have used my pictures that i created and posted here on DK more than 2 and a half years ago ....

Here is link: https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/740726-W246-ELV?p=3559401&viewfull=1#post3559401

Also, you are correct, there is no Canbus on these ESL, only K line

More specifically: FBS3 = 9600 baud and the FBS4 = 19200 baud

These ESL require additional signals on pin1 and pin3 of the ESL to successfully Personalize / Activate.

As you have already pointed out, A "Renewed / Neutralized ESL can be done easily using Extreme MB Tool on the car via IR. This tool uses exactly the same procedure as the dealers " Blue Key " and as far as i am aware, it is the only tool that can finish this job successfully. I have made dozens of these jobs and all worked flawlessly.

Emulators are a different story ... They do not require additional signals on pin1 and pin3 ESL, therefore an Emulator can now be adapted / personalized using many aftermarket tools. Just be sure to use a good / reliable Emulator ...

Regards,
Jonny

Manta1600
22nd October, 2021, 06:05 PM
So toyay I started the car

The EIS has K-line and when I connected the K-line on the bench and inserted the ke the green light on the emulator comes on

I used W204/W212 MK3 emulator and programed it with Poldiag

I fitted the emulator on the car and the car started stright away no need other actions

The only strange things is the light on the emulator - when I insert the key the green light comes and start the car - then take out the key and the light still stay green - then insert again the key light comes red but the car starts

jonny r
22nd October, 2021, 06:38 PM

The EIS has K-line and when I connected the K-line on the bench and inserted the ke the green light on the emulator comes on

I fitted the emulator on the car and the car started stright away no need other actions

The only strange things is the light on the emulator - when I insert the key the green light comes and start the car - then take out the key and the light still stay green - then insert again the key light comes red but the car starts

Hi,

I am happy to hear you have solved this job.

As i said in previous post it is now possible to adapt many aftermarket " EMULATORS " to these cars using many aftermarket tools ... Just ensure you choose a reliable emulator for these ...

To adapt / Personalize / Activate ... A Renewed / Neutralized " REAL ESL " it is another story ....

Regards
Jonny

babeh
22nd October, 2021, 06:55 PM
Hi,

I am happy to hear you have solved this job.

As i said in previous post it is now possible to adapt many aftermarket " EMULATORS " to these cars using many aftermarket tools ... Just ensure you choose a reliable emulator for these ...

To adapt / Personalize / Activate ... A Renewed / Neutralized " REAL ESL " it is another story ....

Regards
Jonny

So those emu. do the tricks make things easier.
But with original ESL that will require the factory way, right ?
There are still so many lessons to learn.

babeh
22nd October, 2021, 07:00 PM

Tks for the info.
I'm using MK3 emu. too but just on W204/212,
Feel like it is so easy to use, no erase is needed just write eis data then it will work.
Just don't know how reliable it is.

Manta1600
22nd October, 2021, 08:17 PM
Tks for the info.
I'm using MK3 emu. too but just on W204/212,
Feel like it is so easy to use, no erase is needed just write eis data then it will work.
Just don't know how reliable it is.

Yes its the same like on W204 - Just note two things

- I have old batch MK3 emulators that not work - the fresh ones that I received one week ago works fine
- The conector on W246 is different than W204/W212 and I used plug from W204 and cut the original plug on the car and conected directly the wires

Is better to buy emulator that have the same connector and no need to cut the wires

ASCM
21st November, 2021, 10:21 PM
Yes its the same like on W204 - Just note two things

- I have old batch MK3 emulators that not work - the fresh ones that I received one week ago works fine
- The conector on W246 is different than W204/W212 and I used plug from W204 and cut the original plug on the car and conected directly the wires

Is better to buy emulator that have the same connector and no need to cut the wiresYou used the emulator of 204 for 246 and it worked?

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk