PDA

View Full Version : Samsung ms28 drive

johnnycool
16th October, 2008, 01:14 PM
Hi all i've decided to have a go at flashing my sons xbox 360. It had the 3 red lights problem which i have now sorted so thought it would be worth a go while it's opened.

It has a samsung ms28 drive and i read about needing a Via VT6421A chipset which i didn't have but bought a Via VT6421A Serial ATA (SATA) PCI Card.

Now i've followed all the instructions and after i do the dSam 1234567 12345 bit it says drive not found. I think this is because the sata pci card is in Raid mode and i can't seem to change that, i've looked in the bios but it won't let me do anthing to the pci card. I've also tried all 3 sata ports on the card and still no joy.

I hope this makes some sort of sense and any help with this would be greatfully appreciated.

Many thanks

Johnny

mjrrenegade
17th October, 2008, 12:14 PM
I flashed my benq with the same card the other day without any problems. When you installed the drivers from the CD, were there several options on which driver to use? If i remember correctly the driver at the top of the list is a RAID driver and further down there is a normal SATA driver which is what you need. If i were you i'd try reinstalling the drivers. I also found that i could only flash on port 1 of the card. Hope this helps.