PDA

View Full Version : Peugeot 208 BSI Config Cloning

Dunker
15th November, 2021, 12:24 PM
Here's the story. Orig BSI has wiper park position and washer pump fault, all relays are OK, cant see anything wrong. Got a couple of BSI's from scrappers, all with mostly same numbers, all totally different in EEPROM. Nearest one, with the same numbers is from a diesel - data in slightly different places in EEPROM. I've done the VIN and copied to IMMO data and mileage and the car starts, everything works and no warning lights / messages on the dash. There are a couple of fault codes for lights, FAP etc. but everything looks like its OK with the car. Obviously due to the config from the donor vehicle.

Car is 2013 1.2 petrol.
Matching numbers on both BSI:
2261F 01 SW:G.00 E1092030 1000
9678355980 02 BSI N03 00

(the date, time and serial number are obviously different)

Does anyone know where the config data is so I can copy that across or alter the file from the EEPROM (attached are the original file from the original BSI and the file from the new BSI with the VIN and IMMO data already copied across). I just thought I'd give it a go before maybe going down the dealer route of online configuration.

Any help appreciated.

Stelaras26
15th November, 2021, 12:46 PM
so you just copied eeprom or made new one virgin and recoded?

Dunker
15th November, 2021, 01:11 PM
Cant do that. Looks like its online coding through dealer portal. The only thing you are allowed to config in the Peugeot software is the VIN number. All the other config, the Diagbox wants to be online and phone home. I guessed and manually copied the IMMO data across and that worked. Anything else I try and the BSI shits itself. I even tried copying the just the first 0x800 bytes across. BSI still shit itself.

Dunker
15th November, 2021, 04:49 PM
Forget that. Launch does config offline. Done all settings, every single one. BSI reports config fault and intermittent no Comms to radio, but every setting definitely the same. Close enough.

blackground
15th November, 2021, 05:20 PM
IO terminal allow to clone BSI, flash and Eeprom