PDA

View Full Version : TFSI OVERBOOST ISSUE

alextinou
21st November, 2021, 04:54 AM
Hello,

Long story short I had my actuator replaced with a 12psi spring and ever since replacing I had a overboost issue. The person who fitted the upgraded actuator said he fitted it so the wastegate is closed nice. We lowered the duty cycle to about 10-15% and still overboost. I changed the MAF from a 2bar to a 3bar map sensor

I've shown a video and pic of where it overboost and cuts. Can someone advise me anything as the actual boost hit 3000mbar lol

My mapper said it has to be actuator that's wrong adjusted.

Also you can hear turbo spool with only like 10-20% throttle

My car

Audi A3 2.0tfsi dsg BWA ENGINE

Stage 2+

robinbga
21st November, 2021, 06:46 AM
You need to adjust the actuator, it's too tight, usually I first run a test to see how much pressure I need to open any actuator before I install it using a Guage and pressure bcoz it's so tiresome removing that thing and installing.
So I would suggest you adjust the actuator until it's has play then tight 3 threads at a time until it's snag then test to see if it ok otherwise if it's still overboosting, then you need to replace the actuator.
But I also think 10-20 percent throttle is too low and I think the map should also be considered.
I would also suggest writing back the old file to see it it's the same.

Cheers
R

alextinou
21st November, 2021, 05:12 PM
You need to adjust the actuator, it's too tight, usually I first run a test to see how much pressure I need to open any actuator before I install it using a Guage and pressure bcoz it's so tiresome removing that thing and installing.
So I would suggest you adjust the actuator until it's has play then tight 3 threads at a time until it's snag then test to see if it ok otherwise if it's still overboosting, then you need to replace the actuator.
But I also think 10-20 percent throttle is too low and I think the map should also be considered.
I would also suggest writing back the old file to see it it's the same.

Cheers
R

i included a log normal drive cruise. at the end is a gear 3 pull that i tried to get but cut within seconds